Chorus rear mech Jamming

Just wondering if you have any ideas what could be causing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdO-spTk9Yw

I was unable to get the gears working, I have removed the cable and you can feel it jamming.

Off the bike you can feel two very tight spots on the parallelogram when pushing the Arm in

Comments

• bondurant
    bondurant Posts: 858
    Was it working before or has it been like that since new? Normally this would be down to a build-up of gunk or similar but that mech looks surgically clean.
  • I purchased it second hand and can't get it to work. Yeah it's it great condition to look at it
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Obviously not free moving at all, I'd be contacting whoever you bought from looking for a refund!
  • flopstocks
    flopstocks Posts: 110
    edited January 2021
    Yeah will do, strange thing is that is looks all but brand new. Feels like there is binding on one of the rivets, but so hard to tell
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Yeah the clicking, not normal at all!
  • piker2
    piker2 Posts: 50

Yeah will do, strange thing is that is looks all but brand new. Feels like there is binding on one of the rivets, but so hard to tell

Have you tried some lube?
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    oh dear.

that sometimes happens when youve left your bike after a salty winter ride, lube and lots of moving helps but there it looks like something may be bent or corroded. though as someone else has said it looks superficially like its in good condition.

Its been years since i had hold of any campag, take it apart and find out whats wrong. Malcolm on here does campag i think. It always used to be the case that campag was very good for spares.
  • Unfortunately the notch/tight spot is too much for lube. I am pretty sure it's coming from the Rivet in the picture

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,747
    I'm trying to get my bearings while my bikes are out of sight.
    Is that not the main attachment screw/pivot? May have been over tightened?
    Just guessing.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • flopstocks
    flopstocks Posts: 110
    edited January 2021
    No it's the hinge part on the underside of the mech
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,747

No it's the hinge part on the underside of the mech

I just had a look at one of mine which is currently off the bike.
    It should pivot smoothly with only the spring for resistance. Something is wrong.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.