2021 Pro Kits

Comments

• gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439

Black socks give me strength.

Black socks aren't a problem. Black shoes are a problem!
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,596
    Black socks and white shoes are a problem. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • If ag2r had done it in black not brown they'd make more money selling kits than prize money.
  • The committee designed compromise AG2R La Citroen Mondiale is ridiculous. With just CITROEN, or even just AG2R CITROEN (like the team name) it might have looked quite good.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,243
    Unpopular opinion but the brown shorts are great.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958

OK, someone has to say it....
    Only if you are tom dumoulin :D
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    edited January 2021
    A list of every Italian company

Twitter: @RichN95
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

this is the only right thing Richard has ever said.

#shocker
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    RichN95. said:

the most Italian top ever

#italia
  • The water bottles near the pockets were a highlight last year and I am chuffed they remain.
  • pblakeney

The water bottles near the pockets were a highlight last year and I am chuffed they remain.

My wife took this shot of me returning from a pedal in the summer. 🤣🤣🤣
    We had a peasant afternoon in the garden. 😎

Veronese68 wrote:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    RichN95. said:

I like that more than most, I suspect it is because I started watching cycling in the mid 80s when most jerseys were a bit more like it. My first cycling jersey was the Carera one (prior to when they did that horrible fake denim thing). There's so much corporate blandness at the moment whilst the few that don't go that route tend to be hideously garish.
  • I agree... I'd buy one :)

• A close second in the number of sponsors stakes...
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958

A close second in the number of sponsors stakes...

Ha, how long until Lefevere threatens them with legal action for copying the quickstep kit from last year?

• A close second in the number of sponsors stakes...

Admirably hideous.

• gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,550
    edited January 2021
    Liv. Nice.

Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • The intermarche-wanty-gobert one is designed by the person who did those fashion brand/cycling kit mashups.

Also suggested multiple improvements for the bike exchange one...

• salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    gweeds said:

Liv. Nice.

That's really nice, I'd wear that one myself (if I wouldn't look like a slightly misshapen balloon, and if I ever bothered to swing my leg over a bike).
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • MattFalle
    gweeds said:

Liv. Nice.

looks like a t shirt a student in Brighton would wear in 1982. Throw in som tie dye and va-boom

#notthatnice
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    The Liv kit is very cool. Most pro kit looks weird to ordinary people. I could see this in a Nike store, which is a good thing imo
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    inseine said:

The Liv kit is very cool. Most pro kit looks weird to ordinary people. I could see this in a Nike store, which is a good thing imo

Pretty much every woman I have known take up cycling in the past 5 years or so buys Liv kit so they are getting something right for sure.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    For all you kit connoisseurs, here's your chance to influence a team's uniform. Assos are letting you vote on the final 4 options in the crowdsourced kit effort...

It's in the stories here: https://www.instagram.com/assosofswitzerland/?hl=en
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Is it an unpopular opinion to say they all look horrible. Pretty much all pro kits are because they are covered in so many logos etc.

Go back to the good ol' days and you probably had one sponsor/team name and that was it. Much more pleasing to the eye.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • rick_chasey
    elbowloh said:

Is it an unpopular opinion to say they all look horrible. Pretty much all pro kits are because they are covered in so many logos etc.

Go back to the good ol' days and you probably had one sponsor/team name and that was it. Much more pleasing to the eye.

Wouldn't say it's unpopular but I do think there are ways to make them look great.

I guess you take the design in context.
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,628
    edited January 2021

elbowloh said:

Wouldn't say it's unpopular but I do think there are ways to make them look great.

One of the best ones from the last few years that I can recall is the IAM cycling ones from 2015 & '16.
  • rick_chasey

elbowloh said:

One of the best ones from the last few years that I can recall is the IAM cycling ones from 2015 & '16.
    look I think the '98 Mercatone Uno Tour jersey is the pinnacle of jersey design so you're talking to the wrong guy if you want chat about enjoying tasteful jerseys.
  • MattFalle
    Fassa Bortolo. The pinnacle of kit.

Nothing better in the last 20 years

A Fassa Bortolo aero top. Now that would be mega.

#TDKBOMBinaFassaBortoloaerotop
  • There'll be one on Ali Express I bet!!!

Meanwhile Astana go sort of Garmin...

• pblakeney
    Veronese68 wrote: