Slowly starting Saturday

Slow start, now about to go for a run with the hounds and then meet a mate for a 2 meter apart run, mmmm which one for Strava

Few jobs, some spreadsheet time putting together the budget for house phase 5,436 rather than looking at autotrader as the BMW garage think they can fix my car

Comments

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Been up since 2 am with little one not sleeping. He finally fell asleep at 5.30 and is still asleep. I watched Iron Man 3 and now watching Avengers Civil War...its trash, but requires no thinking.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, frosty again, usual Saturday, indoor cycling, shopping we have run out of Christmas food at long last 😀 , walking tigger etc.
    Have a good weekend
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    elbowloh said:

Been up since 2 am with little one not sleeping. He finally fell asleep at 5.30 and is still asleep. I watched Iron Man 3 and now watching Avengers Civil War...its trash, but requires no thinking.

Those were the days. Feeding the little bugger at 2am for an hour, then he’d sick it all up and would start the process all over again. You’ll look back on these nights with fond memories elbow 👍 Enjoy the bonding.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    'ning

another slow day in plague central, forecast cold with threat of zombies

ride, coffee, cake, laze, flip a coin for red or bubbly
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

• Indoor session this morning once if got a my sensors working properly. New York followed by some hose stuff later, probably hit the hit tub later with a G&T.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • lincolndave
    edited January 2021
    Anyone heard from Cargo bike? He seems to be very quiet of late
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

Someone stole his avatar so he can't post.
  • thistle_

Looks nice and warm. Hope you don't overheat.
  • thistle_
    'Ning
    Chilly outside but not too icy. No zombies out, unless you count openreach van drivers.
    Went for a run up the hill and back, one door's ended up a bit of a bloodbath :neutral:
  • seanoconn
    oxoman said:

Morning all. WFW. Cold and bright here. I can sympathise with you elbow, only difference is mines 21 and if he hasn't cleaned up by the time I get back he,s in the proverbial. Pepsi, chocolate, fish and chips obviously dont mix. Urghh.

Does taking their iPad away when they’re 21 still work?
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

Those were the days. Feeding the little censored at 2am for an hour, then he’d sick it all up and would start the process all over again. You’ll look back on these nights with fond memories elbow 👍 Enjoy the bonding.
    bambina slept 4 hours a night for the first 4 1/2 years. It was a living hell.

Everytime she hurts herself now I just laugh and remind her of the living hell she put her mother and me through.

#littlescrotgotosleep
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle

Indoor session this morning once if got a my sensors working properly. New York followed by some hose stuff later, probably hit the hit tub later with a G&T.

oooh - is that a Sartori?
  • MattFalle
    as it is, v cold outside so have sent TDV to walk the Hound as my foot is temporarily broken.

Bit of weights sesh planned then hopefully watch Marine beat Spurs.

#underdogfootball
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Message received from daughter #1 that it sounds like the zombie mice have invaded her loft. Need to source some bait blocks, which involves finding a rodenticide store that's open at the weekend, and classified as essential of course. Been a while since I proffered my licensed killer PA1 card: wonder if it's still valid. And where it is.

Still hovering on the zero mark here, so avoiding the risk of the overdue ice spill. Actually went for a walk yesterday - crackered knees mean nada running - but forecasting warmer tomorrow plus some sunshine, bring it on. Please.
  • elbowloh
    seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

Those were the days. Feeding the little censored at 2am for an hour, then he’d sick it all up and would start the process all over again. You’ll look back on these nights with fond memories elbow 👍 Enjoy the bonding.
    These shouldn't be the days though, he's 20 months old now! We thought we were past that stage.

Number 2 is due end of Feb though. Yay!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh
    He's walking round with a stethoscope round his neck, from which is hanging a dirty nappy and I don't have the energy to stop him
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    elbowloh said:

Wake him up or else he won't sleep tonight.

I loved the night feeds. used to get up when I was doing a shift the next day - that way, the OH was fresh to look after the both of them all day.
    We used to strip them, change them at 11/11.30pm and then set the alarm for 2.30am - my brain got used to being asleep knowing exactly when I was going to wake up. The alternative was being on edge wondering when baby would start bawling. If they were asleep when my alarm went off, I would wake them up anyway. It worked.

Very white after frost but the sun is shining and once it has burned the frost off, i'll venture out.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    Got some good food in the house, a selection of cocktails and no kids till 5:30 😃 on downside I have to wait for Mrs O to finish hoovering, have a run and shower before I can ride the dragon upon St George.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Dropped Stropteen off at Euston as she has to go back to uni for some practicals at some point. Didn't get arrested and was only 50 mins each way so win.

Bit quite here now as we farmed the dogs out to someone till later. Now supping coffee and contemplating lunch before taking the Christmas tree down the tip.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    seanoconn said:

before I can ride the dragon upon St George.

:o

This is a new euphemism to me.

Walked a lap of Richmond Park with mini. She's very tired now! Mrs H³ even walked back.

Nice out, bit chilly, sun has come through the cloud now and it's a lovely sunny day now.

• Indoor session this morning once if got a my sensors working properly. New York followed by some hose stuff later, probably hit the hit tub later with a G&T.

I thought you were in the kitchen?
  • MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

Everytime she hurts herself now I just laugh and remind her of the living hell she put her mother and me through.

#littlescrotgotosleep
    Our youngest woke up screaming every night, every fours hours from birth through to about the same age as yours, still woke up screaming after that but much less frequently and no longer does it. tiring isn't the word for it. I used to pick his moses basket up and take him downstairs and put it on the dining table for the night. Ear-plugs were useful. We even had the police come around one day when he was crying in his pram in the back garden.
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

#littlescrotgotosleep
    Our youngest woke up screaming every night, every fours hours from birth through to about the same age as yours, still woke up screaming after that but much less frequently and no longer does it. tiring isn't the word for it. I used to pick his moses basket up and take him downstairs and put it on the dining table for the night. Ear-plugs were useful. We even had the police come around one day when he was crying in his pram in the back garden.
    the hedlu probably looked at the little one, at you and acknowledged your pain.

i used to strap bambina to my front and go walkibg for miles and miles and miles. frickin' hours of walking.

At the time we lived by a load of cliff paths. How we didn't walk off the edge due to tiredness I don't know

#neveragain

It is, it’s an open plan extension.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • elbowloh

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

#littlescrotgotosleep
    Oh we get that waking up screaming thing, not every night, but on phases. There was one phase when he was doing it every 20 mins. When it happens now he can't be consoled and will push and kick your hands away. Sometimes seems like he's not actually awake, but doing in in his sleep.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle

Indoor session this morning once if got a my sensors working properly. New York followed by some hose stuff later, probably hit the hit tub later with a G&T.

It is, it’s an open plan extension.

How did you link ‘trainer to Zwift dude?

#technology
  • I’ve got the tree down now and all the decorations are back in storage, ready for the next knees up.
     Been into town to do my shopping on foot today and even though the mercury reads +3°C and has been there for a few hours, there’s still lots of ice underfoot.
     This means the little road ride I was planning for tomorrow is now off. It’s just not worth the risk :'( hey ho! more time on the rollers
  • lincolndave
    thistle_ said:

Someone stole his avatar so he can't post.
    I wondered if someone had stole one of his bikes
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed. Just waddled towards Kingston with the EPO, went to a new food emporium that has opened a while ago. Lots of European food stuffs, so got some bread and pastries and wandered back. That's as far as she can walk at the moment.
    Lap of RP is quite a hike H³, no wonder Mini is pooped. How far is that, 8 miles round the perimeter I reckon. Might walk to the old dear's tomorrow.
    Daughter has just started crocheting, I reckon it got the name as a misspelling of people getting crotchety when they try it. Might be an idea for me to retire to the garage.
  • seanoconn

Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed. Just waddled towards Kingston with the EPO, went to a new food emporium that has opened a while ago. Lots of European food stuffs, so got some bread and pastries and wandered back. That's as far as she can walk at the moment.
    Lap of RP is quite a hike H³, no wonder Mini is pooped. How far is that, 8 miles round the perimeter I reckon. Might walk to the old dear's tomorrow.
    Daughter has just started crocheting, I reckon it got the name as a misspelling of people getting crotchety when they try it. Might be an idea for me to retire to the garage.

Link to food emporium please V.