friday demonstrating ostwald ripening with bubbly

'ning

even colder

ride, coffee, cake, coffee, wfh

looks like the plague may have peaked in london, mrs s has given me a kilo of excellent belgian orangettes, great days continue, carry on bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, frosty start , dog walked it’s very slippery underfoot, I’m just having a bowl of porridge which is going down well, busy morning, indoor cycling later.
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Only walked this morning after a van stopped by me yesterday saying we only saw you at the last minute, I had a really good head torch on, yellow top and enough reflective strips to cause a fit on someone........... decided on not shouting abuse back and said ‘really appreciate the work you are doing ambulance people’

Run later whilst the wife picks up the expensive takeaway that we have to cook 🙄, bubbles chilling to celebrate not drinking since Sunday night 😂
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning
    Escaped to the office before the snow started coming down heavily. Hopefully a run later but paths in the city centre are a deathtrap.
    TLW - I find sticking the headtorch on full power and looking at them tends to slow them down a bit.
  • Shiht outside, wfh, kids at home needing nagging every five mins, Mrs at home hoovering every five mins. May hide in the corner with my headphones on. Big headphones.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Shiht outside, wfh, kids at home needing nagging every five mins, Mrs at home hoovering every five mins. May hide in the corner with my headphones on. Big headphones.

Do all Mrs get super grumpy when hoovering? Or just mine?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

Only walked this morning after a van stopped by me yesterday saying we only saw you at the last minute, I had a really good head torch on, yellow top and enough reflective strips to cause a fit on someone........... decided on not shouting abuse back and said ‘really appreciate the work you are doing ambulance people’

Run later whilst the wife picks up the expensive takeaway that we have to cook 🙄, bubbles chilling to celebrate not drinking since Sunday night 😂

Jeez, it’s a sorry state of affairs when TLW is drier than you 😔
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, very cold an slippery out, no dog walk this morning on account of that, literally started snowing a moment ago so it will likely stop again soon.

Plenty of shenanigans today work wise in the form of video calls for me and the OH so I can carry on my ew found game of bringing random large objects in and giving them to her mid call, ideas always welcome, thus far the dog is a fan favourite with the other call attendees, the bottle of alcohol and garden strimmer also work very well.

Anyway off to corral the hound shes started barking at the falling snow.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

At the doctors. its warm and she's mega fit so no problemo.

#megafitmedicalsmash
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • seanoconn
    Really fancy an Indian in Croydon for some reason 🧐
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Jeez, it’s a sorry state of affairs when TLW is drier than you 😔
    If it helps the last dry night before then was the 23rd when the current wife last drove my car, thought it best not to drink as I would say exactly what I was thinking

• Late Christmas pressie off MrsHD.
    Also my first post from my phone!
    No running or owt today, going to set the turbo up in the kitchen tonight though, and now I know how to upload images I might show you all
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn said:

Is she a looker?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

seanoconn said:

Is she a looker?
    Looker - no, Hooker - yes.

Frosty. Must go get wood - been burning it a lot recently. Can't think why.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    pinno said:

Must go get wood

:o

Too much information. ;)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    hopkinb said:

pinno said:

Must go get wood

Too much information. ;)
    It's the bit about burning it that I find disturbing.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Might as well burn it. You don’t spend hours building Lego if your wood is working.

• Late Christmas pressie off MrsHD.
    No running or owt today, going to set the turbo up in the kitchen tonight though, and now I know how to upload images I might show you all

Jeesus, Turbo in the Kitchen? Mrs HD must really lurve you! I got kicked out of the conservatory when I had a turbo. Sent it back in the end due to burning smell of plastic..... 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

Late Christmas pressie off MrsHD.

Jeesus, Turbo in the Kitchen? Mrs HD must really lurve you! I got kicked out of the conservatory when I had a turbo. Sent it back in the end due to burning smell of plastic..... 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥
    That's the smell of powaaaaaaaaar (or a wonky flywheel catching on the plastic body).
    I take over the kitchen with the turbo, in the living room isn't too popular especially with the windows open and the fan going.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Another day of wfh. Been having wifi problems so found an old router and connected that up, hopefully if the signal drops on one the other will still work. Interweb into the house works ok, just wifi issues. Doubt the EPO will be happy if i start running cat5 through the house.
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

pinno said:

Must go get wood

Too much information. ;)
    Friction burns?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164

Morning folks,
    Another day of wfh. Been having wifi problems so found an old router and connected that up, hopefully if the signal drops on one the other will still work. Interweb into the house works ok, just wifi issues. Doubt the EPO will be happy if i start running cat5 through the house.

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

pinno said:

Must go get wood

Too much information. ;)
    Friction burns?
    I think we're headed back into the 'too much information' zone :#
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Carrying on the Xmas pressie theme I've brought my new axe to work today to chop some logs.

Turbo in the kitchen is OK, she's off out running in the morning so I've got the house to myself for a bit.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

Might as well burn it. You don’t spend hours building Lego if your wood is working.

bear in mind you need to smash it with a hammer first then lob it over the fence

#smashfirelob
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

bear in mind you need to smash it with a hammer first then lob it over the fence

#smashfirelob
    But but... I might hurt my back.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

#smashfirelob
    But but... I might hurt my back.
    best get a trebuchet then

#fling
  • veronese68
    Driver's insurance company have agreed to cough

WOOHOO!!!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    oxoman said:

Lucky gits, I get relegated to outdoors or my shed if using the rollers.

Yeah my turbo lives in the garage its hecking cold -2 currently
  • veronese68
    oxoman said:

Finally some good news for you. I trust it's an acceptable amount. New fancy Italian bike maybe.

No Idea on amount yet, just said they agreed to deal with the claim in full without prejudice.
    Does that mean I can't complain about poor driving by orientals?
  • veronese68
    Indeed, cheers Oxo. Just really glad they haven't to been allowed to get away with it at the moment.
    Bike repair would be about a grand, but I genuinely don't know if I'll ever be able to ride it any distance. I built the bike to do the Eroica. I often go to that part of Italy so it's been a bucket list type thing for me. The full 200km is a hard day, but I'd I can't do that it's a bit of a damp squib. Without that it's not worth repairing the frame which is upsetting.
    However much they pay I'd be happier to be in the position I was in before the accident.
  • MattFalle

Driver's insurance company have agreed to cough

WOOHOO!!!

Excellent news! Vino rpsso to celebrate!

#wedon'ttakeenglishmoneyhere,bud
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,609
    V68 do you have legal support? Via CyclingUK or similar systems? I've not (yet, fingers crossed) been taken out by a vehicle, but I think if that were to happen I would be much more comfortable with some relevant expertise working in my interests.