'ning

cold, but no rain expected, hurrah, hope roads have dried out

ride, cafe, wfh, laze, bubbly because why not, the eternal polyhedron
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Just chillin’ before the day starts - thinking coffee, shake and trundle around the block on the Soloist to make sure it doesn’t kill me if I head out for a proper ride on it.

Took the 404 tubs off the other day and threw some clincher 60s on - immediately doubled in weight. Now I remember why I use tubs.......

#hefty
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, frosty start but not so slippery, dog walked , just having a cuppa before a busy day. Indoor cycling later
    Have a good day
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Good morrow fair folk

Dark heere is about all I can comment relating to the weather.
    Bit of work then a pedal probably of the orange safety bicycle. Then more work and likely nap. What thrilling days I have 🙄

Only plus is I now have a bandsaw on order an I've sourced a high volume low pressure fan to be the basis of a dust extraction system because lungs are nice when not full of sawdust.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Walked hounds and then went for a road run, finished went to take my shoes off and had to wait for the laces to defrost!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    No need for involvement in online learning as Stropteen does it all herself - as long as we wake her up in time. She's headed back this weekend anyway as they're doing practicals at some point and she'd rather be locked down with her uni mates.

A day of work meh beckons. May do some weight later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Cold start to the day, fire made up for MrsHD at home and I've brought my Stihl in to my office to bring it out of hibernation ready for some lumberjack action tomorrow.

Hot tub tomorrow later.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

The problem with the lads online learning is it follows the same timetable as his normal lessons, alot of these are practical based so the kids do nothing during this time. Not good for yr11 students especially as teachers are grading them for their GCSE'S.

Practicals are the problem for junior as well. They've pushed a lot of them back and tried to do online practicals which are basically demos but the tutors but really no substitute for student vets getting to grips with dissections etc themselves. Were putting some pressure on the uni directly and via the students for them to get their act together as they can space out and wear good quality masks if they do proper face to face stuff.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Still sub zero here with that chilling mist hanging on. Not taking a bike out today, got this feeling that a slip on the ice is overdue para mi. Got some outdoor fabrication stuff to do, help keep me cold. Then perhaps a venture into the plague zone supermarket, just fer shitz 'n' giggles. Wot a life, wot a life...
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Good day mostly wasted. :/

Into town for appointment with osteopath. Didn't help much. Went to optometrist to collect new glasses but left without them. Dunno who they made them for, but sure as hell wasn't my prescription. Expressed my displeasure and left.

Home in time to spend an hour or so pulling weeds to fill the green waste bins for collection.

Left me with a small window of time to fit in a turbo ride.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612

Mmmm, parky.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Stevo_666 said:

Practicals are the problem for junior as well. They've pushed a lot of them back and tried to do online practicals which are basically demos but the tutors but really no substitute for student vets getting to grips with dissections etc themselves.

Suppose with lockdown there's a lack of roadkill for her to fetch and do the practicals in your kitchen.
  • thistle_
    Not long back from playing with some GPRq. Standing outside in -5 wasn't fun, even with my thermals.
    Canal was frozen, weaver navigation looked frozen over too.
    Woke up too late to go for a run this morning so will need to go later.
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

Practicals are the problem for junior as well. They've pushed a lot of them back and tried to do online practicals which are basically demos but the tutors but really no substitute for student vets getting to grips with dissections etc themselves.

Suppose with lockdown there's a lack of roadkill for her to fetch and do the practicals in your kitchen.
    It also makes a mess on the dining room table.
  • tlw1
    oxoman said:

It's a sad time really, expecting them to learn hands off, so to speak. Youngest has missed 2 overseas educational trips plus a ski trip alongside the practical side of his engineering course. I feel sorry folks them missing out on so much. Hopefully all will come good eventually.

Sounds like we have kids with the same experience - oldest gcse shite through zoom and youngest here when he should be on the slopes 😢
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    I never left the country between the ages of 5 and 16. Barely had a holiday in England during that time, never mind a trip abroad...
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Stevo_666
    elbowloh said:

I never left the country between the ages of 5 and 16. Barely had a holiday in England during that time, never mind a trip abroad...

You might start something here...

https://youtu.be/ue7wM0QC5LE
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    opening a second bottle, dems taking the senate, dead fascists, trump the loser losing even more, no rain, great days

chin chin
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Wound on the knee from last week's off has become infected, so I'm now on antibiotics. Shoulder still hurts, but getting better. The bruising on the ribs which used to hurt the least, now seems very sore, particularly when I sneeze or when 20month old decides to use me as a climbing frame.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Busier day today running around trying to fix things and solve problems, mostly 2 steps forward and 1 back. At least things are moving in the right direction slowly. Didn't ride in as it was 0°C here so the park would have been icy for sure and I really don't want another off. Sympathise with Elbow, hope it feels better soon.
    The lad heads back to Brum tomorrow, exams coming up and he has more space and can study in peace and quiet up there. He's actually very conscientious unlike his old man. He got an ice shot glass maker for Christmas so I thought I'd give it a go as it had to be defrosted anyway

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Firstly, your son is one of the nicest young men I ever met. That could be because I'm a pathetic old git, or because he has been brought up well.

Secondly, what the heck have you put in the ice glass? Soplica? You're going to regret that.
  • thistle_

Evening folks,
    Busier day today running around trying to fix things and solve problems, mostly 2 steps forward and 1 back. At least things are moving in the right direction slowly. Didn't ride in as it was 0°C here so the park would have been icy for sure and I really don't want another off. Sympathise with Elbow, hope it feels better soon.
    The lad heads back to Brum tomorrow, exams coming up and he has more space and can study in peace and quiet up there. He's actually very conscientious unlike his old man. He got an ice shot glass maker for Christmas so I thought I'd give it a go as it had to be defrosted anyway

Looks like you could be made less mess dissecting some roadkill in stevo's kitchen.
  • hopkinb said:

Secondly, what the heck have you put in the ice glass? Soplica? You're going to regret that.

Now that sounds interesting
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Hope for the little one's sake, you recover and become a climbing frame again soon Elbow.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    thistle_ said:

Evening folks,

Looks like you could be made less mess dissecting some roadkill in stevo's kitchen.
    That was the second shot and the ice was melting rapidly, I forgot to take a photo of the first which was limoncello out the freezer. Then remembered one of the girls at work had bought me that stuff so I thought I should try it.
  • veronese68
    hopkinb said:

Firstly, your son is one of the nicest young men I ever met. That could be because I'm a pathetic old git, or because he has been brought up well.

Clearly the trouble is responsible for the kids being alright, but thanks. He's certainly turned out alright.

Yes, whoops 😀
  • tlw1
    thistle_ said:

Evening folks,

Off to shop as I like the ice shots
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    elbowloh said:

Wound on the knee from last week's off has become infected, so I'm now on antibiotics. Shoulder still hurts, but getting better. The bruising on the ribs which used to hurt the least, now seems very sore, particularly when I sneeze or when 20month old decides to use me as a climbing frame.

what are you using on the knee? is it still open?

#MF'sbagofplasters
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

Evening folks,

Wait a min! I was feeling bad about falling off the wagon before Friday. Did you have shots yesterday!?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    You know shots count as alcohol.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

Evening folks,

Wait a min! I was feeling bad about falling off the wagon before Friday. Did you have shots yesterday!?
    Nope just want to buy the ice shot maker