Scott CR1 SL(Westy) - 28mm tyres

Does anyone know if the Scott CR1 SL can take 28mm tyres, on Fulcrum 3 wheels...

Comments

• me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Can't see it. Tight enough with 25s on Fulcrum 6s.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    i'd say no but you'd need to state which brand of tyre as they vary hugely in real world widths
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin said:

i'd say no but you'd need to state which brand of tyre as they vary hugely in real world widths

Was probably going to with the Pro4 Service Course again
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,576
    edited January 2021
    @mrbrightside

I'd be hugely surprised - assuming this is the venerable 2012 model, which I surmise is there the Westy bit comes in?

I cautiously run 25mm GP5000s on mine, and they measure up small, 24mm with callipers (On Mavic Ksyrium wheels), and there is a touch of clearance at the rear.
    I also put some protective frame tape around where it would hit the frame should the fairy visit, or the wheel not seat squarely in the dropouts - not an issue mine has had fortunately.

If you are in a position to buy one to try, you can always shunt it to the front should it not fit - I used to run 25mm GP4000 on the front, and a 23mm on the rear.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18