Brexit related - UK sale of Brooks saddles stopped

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,578
    Yep, and loads of European cycling websites also now not shipping to britain :(
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    #brexit
    #bluepassports
    #fish
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    edited January 2021
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,578
    edited January 2021
    How weird, they are contradicting their own website, and have still not changed the statement........ Their marketing dept is still on annual leave?!

This is how the dutchbikebits website puts it all incredibly elequently I think, in what presumably is there second language:

I also noticed La Passione are stating you will now have to pay import taxes and the delightful admin fee as well - good job I stocked up on their shorts.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • MattFalle
  • Re: dutchbikebits - It's an EU change that the UK decided to continue with. It may be that the EU is a big enough market for them to make it worth their while doing once the EU legislation is active, and the UK is not. The EU postponed their implementation due to covid.

It's not unique. If they want to sell more than 200 orders a year into South Dakota, they would need to register and pay local tax.
  • MattFalle
    daniel_b said:

How weird, they are contradicting their own website, and have still not changed the statement........ Their marketing dept is still on annual leave?!

This is how the dutchbikebits website puts it all incredibly elequently I think, in what presumably is there second language:

I also noticed La Passione are stating you will now have to pay import taxes and the delightful admin fee as well - good job I stocked up on their shorts.

they won't be on leave - they will be on holiday.

#chrimbles
  • vegas76
    vegas76 Posts: 278
    I hear brexiters prefer riding with the saddle off so they should rather enjoy this.