Cassette swap

On my Dolan commuter I’ve got a crusty old Fulcrum Racing 3 on the back that’s runs a 10 speed cassette with spacer on the 11 speed hub. It’s a Shimano Tiagra. The hub is making some savage noise so before Monday I want to slap on a Giant PR2 that I’ve got kicking about.

I’ve got the tools to do it but will any adjustments be needed to the derailleur because I’m not very good with them?

Cheers.

Comments

• joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    It's doubtful that you'd need to make any adjustments but you can never be 100% sure. Even if you had to they'd be pretty minor.
  • It's doubtful that you'd need to make any adjustments but you can never be 100% sure. Even if you had to they'd be pretty minor.

Cheers Joe, just the answer I was hoping for.

I’m going to peel the stickers off, clean it up and get it done.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Yup - exactly as J said - may need a batrel adjuster half turn here or there or a limit adjust half turn either way but should be groovy sauce. Nothing major.

Should be .....

#nah.it'llbefine
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    grooovy sauce :D:D:D (vom)
  • MattFalle
    groovy as gravy in fact

• One more question before I get stuck in.
    Whereabouts within the cassette is the spacer? Just in case I drop the bits!!
  • MattFalle
    edited January 2021
    Right at the very back of the cassette - sit between freehub and end of cassette. Sometimes they get covered in merde and look like part of the cassette, sometimes they stick to the freehub, but as you’ll be cleaning it all up between moving it from one bike to another you’ll spot it ok.

Oh - and before you ask: 40 Nm.
  • Thanks. And for the torque measurement. .
  • All done and working perfectly.

I just need to de-sticker the front and fit that so I can have matching wheels!!
  • MattFalle
    Excellent work - top stuff.

Hairdryer and GT85/nail varnish remover

job jobbed then piccies of a nice new shiny bike please.
  • darrell1967
    darrell1967 Posts: 470
    edited January 2021
    There we are. All done with de-badged Gisnt P-R2 tubeless ready wheels.

It’s nowt special, just an honest old bike for my 30km daily commute to central London in all weathers.

Does anybody want to make me an offer for a Flucrum Racing 3 rear in need of some work and a Fulcrum Racing Quattro front that’s in good nick.

• david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    is it in need of work because you put it in the wheel bender above?
  • david37 said:

is it in need of work because you put it in the wheel censored above?

No.