'ning

getting colder

ride taking care to avoid any ice, coffee, wfh, extra bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Looks cold out. Might venture up towards the snowline later on the fun bike/on foot for some fresh air.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, white over again with frost, not sure if I will be cycling today, one of my mates came off his bike yesterday he ended up in hospital to have a finger straightened and taped up, be carful out on your bikes black ice is very dangerous.
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

Morning, white over again with frost, not sure if I will be cycling today, one of my mates came off his bike yesterday he ended up in hospital to have a finger straightened and taped up, be carful out on your bikes black ice is very dangerous.
    Have a good day

😢
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Fun bike for me in eastridge today
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

Fun bike for me in eastridge today

That's dangerous without any ice :wink:
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Want to go for a ride but it looks blimmin' wet and cold.

Coffee and perusing an old copy of cyclist between popping on here.

#comeon,warmup
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Fire is a good choice, though burning political buildings seems like effort. Log burner is going its a brisk 0.2c here currently so thats fun on the fingers.

More work for a bit till I cant be bothered so probably about ten minutes, had some new bibtights arrive yesterday so may go for a spin in them see how warm they are.

TLW hope your friends alright after the tumble and finger de wonking.

Planning on seeing new years in same as I do every year, by sleeping.
  • MattFalle
    Just ordered some handlebar tape off Wiggle. £5.42.

#lastofthebigspenders
  • Morning all. Too cold for me, a cr,ap nights sleep with foxes fighting in the road. We even have frost! Now in t4 so won't be able to takectheckids to Kingston lacy or corfe Castle. Would take them for a walk on the beach but its going to be heaving.
    May set fire to stuff in the chiminea and I can find some old tyres and car batteries.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I wonder if sg is suggesting that HMG might try a similar false flag exercise to the reichstagsbrand. Perhaps set the Palace of Westminster ablaze, blame the EU, fit up some unfortunate EU employee, and force through a decent, upstanding, common-sense, British version of the reichstagsbrandverordnung. Followed by widespread intimidation and imprisonment of opposition mp's to get some form of ermächtigungsgesetz voted through parliament to allow good old Bozza to rule by decree.

Cold here. Not much planned beyond walking the dog.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Getting dressed this morning my boots seem have got further away from me over the last week 😕
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Hoppy, you are Scummings and ICMFP.

Wait for the frost to lift and the temp to get above zero. Supposed to be sunny spells around midday, so plan to get in a last ride of the Greatest Year EVER. Continuing with the gravel dalliance, makes sense to be on non-tarmac = not a lot of black ice risk. Found this week a not yet officially opened but ready to use greenway section cycle route with excellent dry surface, no mud, going back to play on that again.

And today I will def be carrying door key option #2.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    hopkinb said:

I wonder if sg is suggesting that HMG might try a similar false flag exercise to the reichstagsbrand. Perhaps set the Palace of Westminster ablaze, blame the EU, fit up some unfortunate EU employee, and force through a decent, upstanding, common-sense, British version of the reichstagsbrandverordnung. Followed by widespread intimidation and imprisonment of opposition mp's to get some form of ermächtigungsgesetz voted through parliament to allow good old Bozza to rule by decree.

Cold here. Not much planned beyond walking the dog.

they're following the script so far

no ice, srm says zero degrees, dry in town but a small river now flows across the road near the summit of hampstead, making the roads wet all the way down to camden, definitely one to avoid if it gets any colder

no mince pies in cafe, sigh
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Brr... indoors or outdoors, that is the question.

In time, I will pi$$ on Rees Moggs grave.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    Got back from v cold but sunny and dry Hound walk, went to take Soloist out on post build shake down ride and ...... yup, the heavans opened.

Now just killing time before having a shower.

#twiddlingthumbs
  • thistle_
    sungod said:

a small river now flows across the road near the summit of hampstead, making the roads wet all the way down to camden, definitely one to avoid if it gets any colder

We've got one of those at the crossroads on the hill.
    The water main is leaking everywhere but neither the water board or the Council will do anything about it. Whole junction was frozen solid.
    Suspect it will take one if the idiots on the next road down to spin across it, through someone's fence, roll 50m down the side of the hill and end in a blaze of glory on the bottom road before they come and have a look at it again.

• thistle_
    Sketchy af in a couple of places this morning but managed to stay upright.
    Went down the canal because it's gravelly and will be grippy- apart from the bits that were saturated and frozen solid because CRT haven't got a clue about anything.

Place was heaving too. So much for not driving places to go out. Nearly got doored as well by some muppet parking on the tow path.

Here's a more colourful picture of the Welsh not so countryside.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    Another slow start enjoyed, about to have a coffee then try to wobble over to the old dear's via park and common. Stuck some riser bars on the MTB yesterday as my wrist still can't cope with flats. Hopefully won't hurt but it's not too far if it does.
    Think we'll have a quiet night in for the new year. Remember to lift your left leg just before midnight so you can start the new year on the right foot.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Shoulder still fecked. Put up a new stairgate (needed a drill MD everything) and now gonna do some more mural painting
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    edited December 2020

Stuck some riser bars on the MTB yesterday as my wrist still can't cope with flats. Hopefully won't hurt but it's not too far if it does.

The obvious solution is to ride no hands :smiley:
    #skillz
  • MattFalle
    oxoman said:

Mutt taken for very long walk via the vets for his prescription. Why did we have a white dog, had to bath him when I got back. Did a good impression of bambi on ice at one stage, just wish I'd filmed it. Eldest has his GF coming over as part of his support bubble later.

I was going to say “any pictures of her norks?” But know that you’ll say something like “she’s 14 you Pardo” or “no because she’s dead” or something to attempt to make me feel bad or look awful and i’d Have to pretend I gaveafuck

#photography

• veronese68
    thistle_ said:

Stuck some riser bars on the MTB yesterday as my wrist still can't cope with flats. Hopefully won't hurt but it's not too far if it does.

#skillz
    Like my avatar 😂
    Managed a whole 14 miles, can barely move my wrist now. Loads of people out, not unexpected. View from the Wimblebergs was gloomy

• MattFalle
    oxoman said:

Defo no pics as eldest would kill me. PS she's 21. Only ever seen her once before because of covid.

Just tell him it’s for us and if he’s got a problem we’ll set CB on him

#threats

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    That got bleepin' cold. Was just on the plus side of zero at start but sun was out so ok. Nice ride around on mix of dry gravel and ice free tarmac back roads. However, last 10km were in the freezing fog just settling into the Vale. Sub zero and fingers got frozed.

Now then, a few drinkies and nibbles to come.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,155
    edited December 2020
    Busy day, mostly outdoors. Got up, walked hounds in the sticks, back home to change and straight out for a leisurely 2 hour ride with mate to see off 2020 and shed a few ounces of lard before tucking into wine and cider this evening :smile:

Was cold out but the ice seemed to have melted by time I got on the bike so no mishaps. Did manage a little accidental powerslide turning right out of a junction in The Panzer before that, although Mrs. 666 was not impressed.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn

thistle_ said:

#skillz
    Like my avatar 😂
    Managed a whole 14 miles, can barely move my wrist now. Loads of people out, not unexpected. View from the Wimblebergs was gloomy

Give us a clue. Looks familiar
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn said:

thistle_ said:

#skillz
    Like my avatar 😂

I'm trying to work out which berg. I don't recall such a narrow pavement anywhere.
  • seanoconn
    2 hours from curry house opening and already peckish.

Current list kidney damage this Christmas period...

3 litres of vodka
    1 and 1/2 jack Daniels
    2 bottles tequila
    1 and 1/2 bottles tia Maria
    4 bottles of wine
    1 bottle slow gin...hic.

But you know what they say, if your urine smells like alcohol, you may have a drinking problem.

If your urine tastes like alcohol, you definitely do have a drinking problem.

• hopkinb
    Given the house a spruce up. Done a couple of crosswords to keep the brain ticking over. Going to collect the doggo from the "welfare groom" it has been having.

P'r'aps a glass or two of wine. Never been @rsed by the passing of another year, except for when I was a teen and it was a chance to try and get off with someone.
  • veronese68
    hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

thistle_ said:

#skillz
    Like my avatar 😂

I'm trying to work out which berg. I don't recall such a narrow pavement anywhere.
    Cottenham Drive, final approach to the old dear's from the common.
    There are now 2 parks on Cottenham Park Road, but Cottenham Park is not one of them, it's on Cambridge Road and Melbury Gardens.
    #confusing