monday sharpening the pikes

'ning

cold cold cold

dawn-ish ride, coffee and any remaining mince pie of the cafe, laze, bubbly

later, construct something with beef, vlaamse stoverij, pho, bourguignon, daube, otherwise pork with pineapple, peppers, ginger and chillis, the future is indeterminate until entropy takes it's course, schrödinger's dinner paradox
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, freezing , footpaths slippery, so I am assuming the roads will be as well take your time if you are riding early,
    I have to pick another pair of glasses up this morning,I don’t think I will bother with spec savers again, terrible in my opinion, cycling later hopefully it will have warmed up a bit.
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Long walk with the hounds and now chilling with a cuppa looking at cars now the insurance have confirmed the car is covered, just hope it is written off.

Dads taxi stuff so we might as well go out for food in town.
  • 'ning.
    Hoped to have the day off today, but still have bike maintenance to finish off, so been up and at it for the past 2 hours. If everything goes to plan hope to be done by midday.
    OH is back at work tonight, so that scuppers any chance of actually doing anything. Fully expecting to go Tier 4 on Thursday which will restrict choices even more, but we'll both be working flat out once again by then anyway, so why worry.
    Being domestic goddess will be the highlight of the day.
    Wonder which newbie forumite I can p*ss off today?
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Got up at 6 and out the door at 6.30 for the first ride in an age.

Very dark, a bit foggy and cold, but not too bad and glad to be out.

Then going down from Box via Headley and, I seem to remember going pretty straight, but the road is covered with wet leaves and a bit scabbly, and suddenly the wheels have gone from under me and I'm sliding down the road on my left side. Plenty of road rash on knee, hip and shoulder. Rapha rain jacket and morvelo bibs are holes, butu shoulder is killing me. Wife did a checkup on me and reckons it's not broken. She's patched up my knee with dressing, but I reckon I didn't need the worming tablet or the flea treatment.

"View" from Box Hill:

Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    elbowloh said:

Then going down from Box via Headley and, I seem to remember going pretty straight, but the road is covered with wet leaves and a bit scabbly, and suddenly the wheels have gone from under me and I'm sliding down the road on my left side. Plenty of road rash on knee, hip and shoulder. Rapha rain jacket and morvelo bibs are holes, butu shoulder is killing me. Wife did a checkup on me and reckons it's not broken. She's patched up my knee with dressing, but I reckon I didn't need the worming tablet or the flea treatment.

"View" from Box Hill:

Balls, sorry elbow, I was enjoying your picture but now I’m sad. Nothing worse that an off when you’ve done nothing wrong. Hope the shoulder doesn’t take too long to recover.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • elbowloh
    oxoman said:

Elbow, glad you survived all be it slightly battered. Looks like it's time for new jacket and bibs. I trust the bikes not to battered.

I broke the sodding bell!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Bad luck Elbow. Just as well there is that informative jacket discussion thread from yesterday 😉

Grey, dismal, slight snow dusting, zero degrees here. Bugrit, an inside day beckons. Roll on springtime.
  • elbowloh said:

oxoman said:

Elbow, glad you survived all be it slightly battered. Looks like it's time for new jacket and bibs. I trust the bikes not to battered.

I broke the sodding bell!
    Bollox. I have a box of spare Spurcycle bells...

Walked dog, loaded ute with old scrap steel collected around here from various demolition jobs, and headed to the tip. Picked up some electrical bits on the way home for shed job, but elected to go riding instead. Quick nifty 50 in ideal conditions.

Carbonara for dinner.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • elbowloh
    edited December 2020
    Seems like damage to jacket is almost solely on the pocket where my phone was, so still usable, and not for loose change, but unattractive. Phone didn't break which is a bonus!

Knee, in cat bandages.

Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Traditionalish slow start is being enjoyed. Bits and pieces to do today. Might go for a run or a longer walk.
    Sorry about the bell Elbow, glad the rest of the bike is ok. Hope you don't feel too battered later.
    Looked like quite a hard frost here, black ice in the wilds of Surrey?
    Why would you have a box of spare spurcycle bells Spinner? Aren't they comedically expensive for a bell.
  • elbowloh
    oxoman said:

Elbow, if you want I can send you a replacement.

A bell?

I do think I actually have a spare somewhere, but thank you!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Morning folks,
    Traditionalish slow start is being enjoyed. Bits and pieces to do today. Might go for a run or a longer walk.
    Sorry about the bell Elbow, glad the rest of the bike is ok. Hope you don't feel too battered later.
    Why would you have a box of spare spurcycle bells Spinner? Aren't they comedically expensive for a bell.

Yeah they were stupid expensive. I ordered several for back when I had quite a few road bikes, because they look nice and sound good. But here, on a bunch of MTB's on local road/gravel/trails I don't really *need* a bell. Ever.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • elbowloh

Morning folks,

Roads seemed more wet than icy, apart from the bottom of my driveway, which I almost slipped on in my cleats.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    elbowloh said:

"View" from Box Hill:

yup, fine and dandy, but how's the bike?

#i'vescratchedmyshifter
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • elbowloh
    oxoman said:

Yep a replacement bell. First thing I do on getting
    new bikes is make them illegal by removing reflectors and bells. I wear enough reflective stuff and have a big enough mouth to been seen and heard.

That's my commuter bike, so the bell comes in handy sometimes for pedestrians who decide the cross the road without looking. Doesn't help with the iDrones though who have their faces glued to a screen and earbuds in.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    Ciao

Its wet, wetwetwet out there without a Marty Pellow to be seen.

Eating bacon sandwiches and watching tgat Movistar docu on NetFlix - its actually really nice and gives a warm fuzzy inside so all good.

May go and tinker with a bike in a minute.

#chilledout
  • MattFalle
    elbowloh said:

Seems like damage to jacket is almost solely on the pocket where my phone was, so still usable, and not for loose change, but unattractive. Phone didn't break which is a bonus!

Knee, in cat bandages.

if thats a Rapha jacket don't they do a free repairs service like Assos?

Worth dropping them a quick email.

Nice bandages by the way

#purrfectlyrepairedleg
  • MattFalle
    Cargobike said:

with 694 posts tgat'll be you then

#newbiehat

• elbowloh
    MattFalle said:

Ciao

Its wet, wetwetwet out there without a Marty Pellow to be seen.

Eating bacon sandwiches and watching tgat Movistar docu on NetFlix - its actually really nice and gives a warm fuzzy inside so all good.

May go and tinker with a bike in a minute.

#chilledout

Does it make you feel like love is all around us and that your dream came true after using the wishing well?

I should just go kill myself after resorting to sodding Wet Wet Wet puns...the original WWW.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    edited December 2020
    elbowloh said:

Knee, in cat bandages.

In return for a leg in cat bandages, have a picture of MF's dog in an ECB after he did himself in...

#woof

• elbowloh
    MattFalle said:

elbowloh said:

Knee, in cat bandages.

In return for a leg in cat bandages, have a picture of MF's dog in an ECB after he did himself in...

#woof

England (and Wales) Cricket Board?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle said:

Cargobike said:

#newbiehat

Um, I count 613 on the mf's, no you can't claim you lost your old posts down the back of the sofa.

#newbiesofa
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    emergency care bandage

seems mf's dog was wounded in action
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

Cargobike said:

#newbiehat

Um, I count 613 on the mf's, no you can't claim you lost your old posts down the back of the sofa.

#newbiesofa
    but but but but BLUEPASSPORTS

Anyhow, the MFs are in protracted negotiations to have full past posting rights replaced. Watch this space

#they'llbeback
  • MattFalle
    sungod said:

emergency care bandage

seems mf's dog was wounded in action

this exactly - top work. two points and a MATT 3 to that man.

he took one for the team.

#betthathurt
  • MattFalle said:

Cargobike said:

#newbiehat

Touche.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Grey cold day roolz. Got so bored I have started doing my tax return. It's December.

In line with the MFs, #bored
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    edited December 2020
    Glad you are ok elbow, today’s ride was rather damp, the following pic was before it got really bad

• tlw1 said:

Glad you are ok elbow, today’s ride was rather damp, the following pic was before it got really bad

Cor I wouldn’t want to go anywhere near that if the temperature dropped a few degrees
  • elbowloh
    tlw1 said:

Did the lifeguards not take offense at you cycling through the lido?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk