come the dawn, will it be still raining or merely soggy

maybe ride, seek out mince pie, laze, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    edited December 2020
    'Ning
    Its soggy here, sounds like hail but could just be driving rain.
    Will do some zwift before the sun comes out later.
    Back was playing up a bit yesterday and feels a bit iffy this morning too.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, raining ,windy ,the poor ole dog looks like a drowned rat after our walk.
    If this carries on I will not be out on the bike today, rain and wind forecast most of the day
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    Can’t be bothered to walk the hounds it looks crap outside, but I doubt I can convince the hounds to stay in

Meant to be going for a ride on the random random with the current wife and pub stuff. First we need to drop the MIL off and pick up a car
  • Had a lie-in, the first for months and just got up, a record for me presently.
    Coffee drunk, ciggie smoked, now contemplating cycling over to Lincoln to nab 100km on the Festive 500.

Damp and fresh outside but a moderate south westerly would definitely help the cause.

Think I'll procrastinate a while, buy the Sunday paper of choice and make a more reasoned decision later.

OH is off today, we've been arguing a lot of late again, perhaps I ought to try and make myelf available to her a bit more at this very busy time of the year, sod work off for a day or two, do some drinking and eating and f*cking instead.

Why is it always me who has to give a bit?

Decisions, decisions.....

Enjoy your day.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Cargobike said:

Had a lie-in, the first for months and just got up, a record for me presently.
    Coffee drunk, ciggie smoked, now contemplating cycling over to Lincoln to nab 100km on the Festive 500.

Damp and fresh outside but a moderate south westerly would definitely help the cause.

Think I'll procrastinate a while, buy the Sunday paper of choice and make a more reasoned decision later.

OH is off today, we've been arguing a lot of late again, perhaps I ought to try and make myelf available to her a bit more at this very busy time of the year, sod work off for a day or two, do some drinking and eating and f*cking instead.

Enjoy your day.

I don't think spending time together is giving in.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Morning

We been hit by storm here - windy as, water everywhere, brrrrrrr. No desire to go anywhere tbh.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,311
    Brrr....

Must drink coffee. More Christmas cake later. Hmm, why later?!

Soggy daan souf? It's sleet here.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Ordinary weather day, quite warm but *very* windy. Some rain this evening too.

Finished the shed shelving job. Tomorrow will re-install electricals, and other random tidy-up tasks.

Hour on turbo.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,394
    Cargobike said:

sod work off for a day or two, do some drinking and eating and f*cking instead.

Enjoy your day.

Needs to be done CB. We managed to float the kids off to other bubbles for two days and had a JOLLY GOOD TIME! 🍆🍑😃 feels a bit weird to have clothes on again.

I’d imagine my liver would taste rather nice on some sourdough toast after two days of debauchery and decadence. Hope everyone had a good Christmas 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    MattFalle said:

Morning

We been hit by storm here - windy as, water everywhere, brrrrrrr. No desire to go anywhere tbh.

You could do with one of those smart turbo things.
    Decided early on to do the festive 500 on Zwift, and the forecast looked a bit pants all week. So far it's been sunny most days :neutral:
  • MattFalle
    edited December 2020
    pinno said:

Brrr....

Must drink coffee. More Christmas cake later. Hmm, why later?!

Soggy daan souf? It's sleet here.

The soggiest. Walking around here everything is just waterlogged - huuuuuge puddles in all the fields and lanes, loads of big branches down, cobbles are lethal slippy. Heddlu were cruisin’around looking for downed trees, see.

#wet

• tlw1
    seanoconn said:

Cargobike said:

sod work off for a day or two, do some drinking and eating and f*cking instead.

Enjoy your day.

Needs to be done CB. We managed to float the kids off to other bubbles for two days and had a JOLLY GOOD TIME! 🍆🍑😃 feels a bit weird to have clothes on again.

I’d imagine my liver would taste rather nice on some sourdough toast after two days of debauchery and decadence. Hope everyone had a good Christmas 👍
    😂
  • tlw1
    tlw1 said:

Can’t be bothered to walk the hounds it looks censored outside, but I doubt I can convince the hounds to stay in

Meant to be going for a ride on the random random with the current wife and pub stuff. First we need to drop the MIL off and pick up a car

Went out for a ride with some friends, pace a bit too gentle to keep warm but at least the legs weren’t stressed after yesterday’s long run
  • thistle_
    oxoman said:

Downed tree,s or errant english people wanting to sneak into snowdonia. I wonder how many will be on top of snowdon for new years eve.

TBH I'm surprised there were only 2 trying it on: https://metro.co.uk/2020/12/26/english-couple-sent-home-after-visiting-snowdon-on-christmas-day-13810298/
  • Christmas board game time:

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,515
    rashly agreed to meet up at regents park, absolutely heaving there
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Wimbledon Park and Richmond Park are the same. Crammed with people.
  • MattFalle
    Sitting in the carpark park at Edwyn's as TDV needed some bits to make panettone.

Heaving here as well - The Big E is making a fortune. He has specials on hosepipe and grapefruits which seem to be attracting people from far and wide.

#oooh,i'veseentheminDynasty,seemam
  • MattFalle

Christmas board game time:

No escaping the fact thats a good choice....

#foryou,Englander,thewarisover
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    Got in a pleasant in the sunshine pootle. Surpassed my highest annual total distance, according to the logs. Not bad given my dalliance with the graveller since September, slower on the rough surfaces so less distance covered for equal effort expended.

Lots of people out and about, lots of walkists. Xxxx this stay at home boxxox 😉
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    hopkinb said:

Wimbledon Park and Richmond Park are the same. Crammed with people.

Managed to get the EPO up to Richmond Park, had to drive of course. Trying not to get in the way of quick pedalists whilst leaving pootlers space utterly impossible. Trying to undertake a car on a narrow road with wooden posts at the side of it is 'kin stupid.
    Meant to take a picture for Seano but forgot, so here's one I took on Christmas day but forgot to post

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    Seems I'm busier on my days off than I am when I'm working...something's wrong here. Anyhow, bit of peace for now then will try to have a lazy evening.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Here's some lights from tier 2.

• Stevo_666

Here's some lights from tier 2.

Are those the lights at the end of the tunnel?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666 said:

They can be anything you want, it is Christmas..
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

The Brexit lights? ;)
  • Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

The Brexit lights? ;)
    Yes, thats ideal.