saturday dans la forêt maudite

'ning

ride, yesterday's cafe mince pie was good, hope they have one left for me today, laze and bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cold and dry, dog walked just warming myself up with a coffee, cycling early, not sure what’s happening later.
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    oxoman said:

Morning all. Early start due to being called out to work for a kiln breakdown.That's my Christmas prezzies paid for.🤫😉🙂. What else do I fancy as a late prezzie to myself.

New bike of course.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    oxoman said:

TBH I've got enough bikes, suspect some better wheels on my CX. Maybe some handbuilts again.

Please leave if you believe you have enough bikes 🙄
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Slow start enjoyed and then over to my parents for Boxing Day outside for presents swop.

Will run there as we have MIL over and the current wife’s car can only fit four people
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    MiL just been told she can leave hospital today. Wife is feeling a lot better today after a very anxious Christmas.

Rather selfishly, it might mean I can go for a ride at some point...
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • 'ning.
    Dog walked, OH collected from work, blazing row finished.
    FFS I don't need this sh*t.
    WFW, probably for the best, get out of the way before she ends up under the patio!
  • Nice day, but windy afternoon. Was going to go riding but mojo missing somewhere. Spent the day in the shed building the second half of the storage shelving. Almost done, but pinched nerves in arms eventually stopped play. Tomorrow maybe.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    thistle_ said:

oxoman said:

Morning all. Early start due to being called out to work for a kiln breakdown.That's my Christmas prezzies paid for.🤫😉🙂. What else do I fancy as a late prezzie to myself.

New bike of course.
    2 new bikes

#multiples
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    Ciao

just hanging around waiting for friends to turn up to go for a walk then coffee.

Apart from that, scratching head over smart trainers, as in posh turbo trainer not new Gazelles.

#januarypurchases
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    a bit windy out, but another mince pie scoffed

time for lunch and lazing
  • thistle_
    MattFalle said:

thistle_ said:

oxoman said:

New bike of course.
    2 new bikes

#multiples
    2(n+1)
    MattFalle said:

Ciao

just hanging around waiting for friends to turn up to go for a walk then coffee.

Apart from that, scratching head over smart trainers, as in posh turbo trainer not new Gazelles.

#januarypurchases

They're all overpriced and mostly out of stock. Wahoo seem to get the least bad reviews, but my Elite is OK now I'm used to the quirks.
    It has a built in ANT+ to BLE bridge but it only seems to work for power meters and not HR monitors.
    #italian
    #moneypit
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Just done walk with wife and boy. Boy fell asleep in my arms on way home, so he's in bed. Wife is going to nap also, so it's tea, mince pie (Waitrose one with apricots and brandy) and some video games on the laptop. Hmmm, Yakuza I think.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    tlw1 said:

Slow start enjoyed and then over to my parents for Boxing Day outside for presents swop.

Will run there as we have MIL over and the current wife’s car can only fit four people

Shouldn't she be running as part of the punishment?

Hounds walked and a spot of Xmas lard burned off in the process. I think a lazy afternoon beckons.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Slow start was enjoyed, been tidying some of the aftermath from yesterday, quiet afternoon is definitely on the cards. Might manage a walk though.
  • 'Noon bbers, mostly building more lego with the lad.
  • My boy has been Mainly playing with the trains set.

• MattFalle
    thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

thistle_ said:

oxoman said:

New bike of course.
    2 new bikes

#multiples
    2(n+1)
    MattFalle said:

Ciao

#januarypurchases

They're all overpriced and mostly out of stock. Wahoo seem to get the least bad reviews, but my Elite is OK now I'm used to the quirks.
    It has a built in ANT+ to BLE bridge but it only seems to work for power meters and not HR monitors.
    #italian
    #moneypit
    Grazie. At the moment they all seem the same to me, just slightly different by about £50 in price.

I think it’s like a carbon bike of a certain price range: they are all essentially the same, it’s just the colour that changes, but these are all black.

It’s also a bewildering word of ANT, HR, Bluetooth, dongles, etc. I have no idea what any of this means.

#doubleDutchtome

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433

My boy has been Mainly playing with the trains set.

train sets are good

as a kid i remember making station and landscape, hill with a tunnel, harrods toy department used to sell all the raw materials to make the trees etc., also they had a multi-car racing track which was great fun

a long gone age, sigh
  • thistle_
    Yeah, each manufacturer seems to have a model for each price point.
    "Better" seems to be a bigger flywheel and can imitate steeper gradients.

Shane Miller (youtube) and DC Rainmaker have reviewed pretty much everything out there.

ANT+ (Garmin) and BLE (Bluetooth) are just ways that the turbo talks to other devices - your Garmin/Wahoo bike computer, your phone, your laptop etc. Most smart turbos let you control them using either (Look for FE-C or FTMS in the specs). Laptops, phones and tablets usually have Bluetooth built in. PCs might need a Bluetooth dongle and only a few mobile phones have built in ANT+
    Smart turbos usually have a built in power meter too so you don't have to have one on your bike.

If you want to do power based workouts (e.g. ride 1 min @ 300w, 5 @ 250w) look for one that has ERG mode.
    If you want to use Zwift, Rouvy, RGT you need simulation mode so look for one that says it can simulate a gradient.

I went for the Elite Suito in the end because it folds up narrow which is perfect for me as I don't have anywhere for a permanent setup.
  • MattFalle
    thistle_ said:

Yeah, each manufacturer seems to have a model for each price point.
    "Better" seems to be a bigger flywheel and can imitate steeper gradients.

Shane Miller (youtube) and DC Rainmaker have reviewed pretty much everything out there.

ANT+ (Garmin) and BLE (Bluetooth) are just ways that the turbo talks to other devices - your Garmin/Wahoo bike computer, your phone, your laptop etc. Most smart turbos let you control them using either (Look for FE-C or FTMS in the specs). Laptops, phones and tablets usually have Bluetooth built in. PCs might need a Bluetooth dongle and only a few mobile phones have built in ANT+
    Smart turbos usually have a built in power meter too so you don't have to have one on your bike.

If you want to do power based workouts (e.g. ride 1 min @ 300w, 5 @ 250w) look for one that has ERG mode.
    If you want to use Zwift, Rouvy, RGT you need simulation mode so look for one that says it can simulate a gradient.

I went for the Elite Suito in the end because it folds up narrow which is perfect for me as I don't have anywhere for a permanent setup.

top stuff - thank you very much. clearest explanation i have read of what does what.

i am honestly clueless when it comes to this : I put plasters on people for a living, this computer stuff is befuddling.

#switchitoffandswitchitonagain
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    sungod said:

My boy has been Mainly playing with the trains set.

train sets are good

as a kid i remember making station and landscape, hill with a tunnel, harrods toy department used to sell all the raw materials to make the trees etc., also they had a multi-car racing track which was great fun

a long gone age, sigh
    I had the gravel and tiny strands of grass glued on with PVA but... it's the dust.
    I still have the set. I will one day, put all the rolling stock in a display cabinet.

Bit of a slow one today. It's blowing a hooley as I wanted to burn off the millions of cals. I consumed yesterday and couldn't.

I'm a bit peckish now come to think of it...

Been reading Alice in Wonderland with Shorty. It's bonkers.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!