my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited December 2020
    Morning
    Merry Christmas
    Dog walked in that cold northerly wind , although dry
    Might get out for a quick ride, I suppose there will be some drinking , eating and being Merry 😊
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Merry Christmas
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Merry Christmas to you all.
    No dog to walk and no bike ride for me. A day long food and drink fest lies ahead.
    Oh, and when I unwrap any gifts and say, "You shouldn't have bothered", I really mean that they shouldn't have bothered.
    Bah humbug!!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Managed not to kill the wife so far, but there is still time

Kids up early despite being teenagers. MIL being picked up soon, then usual Christmas stuff followed by friends over to complete the inbred Christmas circle to the legal max
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Currently watching Paw Patrol in bed with wife and boy.

MiL still in hospital but seems ok. No riding today and no booze until I know whether I need to pick the MiL up later or not.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Happy Christmas all.

Off downstairs to seek the merriment and joy of others. From which I shall derive my own.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Feliz navidad a todas.

Coffee, smell of almost baked French bread wafting, first mince pie. A smoked salmon light breakfast to come, then gentle pootle once the temp lifts above zero. Sunny out, should be nice ride if I can avoid the ice.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Merry Christmas, almost time to get the goose on. Just wondering how the OH has wrapped up my Porsche...

Still below freezing but the wind has died down, good news as we are eating outside with our elderly neighbours later!

Have a good day all, hope the change in the rules hasn’t put too much of a downer on it for anyone
  • Merry Christmas all

Only been out down to the bottom of the garden so far and its still -1°C so I won’t be riding any time soon, need to prep my Christmas dinner.
    The turkey’s been in the fridge since Monday morning thawing and its still not completely defrosted! Grrrrrr its now soaking in cold running water.

Bit early for a beer so I’ll have another cuppa, cheers!
  • Merry Christmas everyone.

Collected OH from work at 0700 after her 10 hour night shift.
    She's crawled off straight to bed, she's in again tonight, so I'm now at work, cleaning and fettling bikes that have been abused for the last 3 months or so. New chains, brake pads and bearings where needed along with bleeding and topping up hydraulic brake fluid too and most importantly a thorough clean and de-grease.

Just spoken to Ray who has the unit next-door, makes cutlery and he's in too, so I don't feel like the only Scrooge today (bah humbug) :lol:

Overall everything seems to be going tickety-boo until I try to log on here and find the broadband is down! Again!! So now tethering with my mobile. First world problems, eh?

Hoping to sort out the bikes in Derby and Loughborough today, possibly make a start in Leicester too, before returning home for a curry with the OH later as neither of us can be ar$ed tbh, before once more driving down the A52 to get her to work.

Enjoy your day folks, especially those with kids. Christmas actually feels more like Christmas this year than many I can remember. Less consumerism and more emphasis on family and nearest and dearest is what matters.

Perhaps something good will come out of the 'rona afterall.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Cargobike said:

Things will revert back to type in no time.

Merry Christmas and all that.

I shall be a good boy today and not have any booze.
    [Yes, you heard that right Hoppy]

Girls are currently opening presents. I am going to have a word with in laws. It's far too much stuff.

Might pedal. Was frosty but clouded over.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    edited December 2020
    Merry Crimbo all. Had a festive lie in and off for the traditional dog walk out in the sticks soon.

No annoying family due round, but were having a zoom call with the OHs clan including the Septic Chapter this evening. I'll have had enough vino by then to tolerate it. May take The Panzer out for a bit of exercise before I start on my grape and turkey based diet later on.

Edit: Stropteen got me a new Samsung tablet for my pressie so she's in my good books. I probably funded it indirectly but its saved me a job :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Wine. Surely one of your 5 a day.
  • Merry Christmas from the sunny side. Turned into a beautiful afternoon. Dog walked early on the empty beach, finished making sorbet which turned out rather tasty... Lunch at friends' place, most of which was roast veggies grown in their backyard, and a fabulous lamb dish.

Stepped out their back gate onto the track that winds around this bit of coast here - another nice walk for an hour or so.

Light snack for dinner, and now settled down with a spectacularly good whisky to end the day.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    Its a lovely spot you've picked to live 'spinner.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    pinno said:

Lets see. Wine, cider, sprouts. I need 2 more. More wine and cider?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Merry Christmas everyone.
  • hopkinb
    pinno said:

Not much for me either. Conscious effort to drink less. 2 glasses champagne yesterday. I'll have the same of red wine today with lunch.

Just written my cooking timetable (so I don't forget something "crucial" like the pigs in blankets).

• hopkinb said:

pinno said:

Not much for me either. Conscious effort to drink less. 2 glasses champagne yesterday. I'll have the same of red wine today with lunch.

Just written my cooking timetable (so I don't forget something "crucial" like the pigs in blankets).

I think this is me for next year. Still don't drink lots, but it has become a daily habit.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Red, white, fizzy, Apple, hops?
  • thistle_
    Anyone know what's happened to my username? Quite like the change but didn't ask for it.

Did a token 10 miles for the Zwift 500 first thing, been feeling sick every time I eat something but that's probably good for the waistline.
  • elbowloh
    Cargobike said:

Merry Christmas everyone.

Collected OH from work at 0700 after her 10 hour night shift.
    She's crawled off straight to bed, she's in again tonight, so I'm now at work, cleaning and fettling bikes that have been abused for the last 3 months or so. New chains, brake pads and bearings where needed along with bleeding and topping up hydraulic brake fluid too and most importantly a thorough clean and de-grease.

Just spoken to Ray who has the unit next-door, makes cutlery and he's in too, so I don't feel like the only Scrooge today (bah humbug) :lol:

Overall everything seems to be going tickety-boo until I try to log on here and find the broadband is down! Again!! So now tethering with my mobile. First world problems, eh?

Hoping to sort out the bikes in Derby and Loughborough today, possibly make a start in Leicester too, before returning home for a curry with the OH later as neither of us can be ar$ed tbh, before once more driving down the A52 to get her to work.

Enjoy your day folks, especially those with kids. Christmas actually feels more like Christmas this year than many I can remember. Less consumerism and more emphasis on family and nearest and dearest is what matters.

Ah, Loughborough, my Alma mater.

I just used my Xmas pressie for the first time. A little Gaggia espresso machine. Not good enough for the coffee officianados, but perfectly ok for my needs and my common pallette.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Auguri e buon natale

Presents done, hound walked, sliced the top of my finger off. Now to have something wine based.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • elbowloh
    Ouchie.

Was that planned?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    elbowloh said:

Ouchie.

Was that planned?

Not really but it got me out of domestic chores, which us always A Good Thing.....

#aaaaarrrggghh.theresfuckingbloodeverywhere
  • MattFalle
    edited December 2020
    Now watching Jumanji and the wonderful divine sweet Karen Gillan.

#divine
  • MattFalle
    oxoman said:

Hope it was a sharp knife. OOPS. Stay safe.

Like a blade through finger....

#ah,hell.
  • pinno
    edited December 2020
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Wait a minute... No Xmas pudding with Brandy?
  • pinno
    Put your finger in the freezer MF.
    Liquid Nitrogen is best. That'll stop it bleeding.
  • Lovely day so far. Very relaxing breakfast followed by a swim in the sea. Now lazing by the fire awaiting presents while we prepare supper.

Tree beckons