wednesday as a proxy for armageddon

'ning

much rain and gloominess

may ride, coffee and biccies, wfh, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Walk hounds and then a quick run - full soaking expected.

Work stuff with too many meetings for this time of year then Christmas bike ride with a pal, though our usual week night route is now an extension of the river.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, raining both tigger and myself were drenched after our walk, nipping over to Louth market this morning for some fresh fruit and veg, if it’s fine later I will be going for a ride.
    Have a good day
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Just vegging at the mo', need to get coffee on.

Then a slow day I think....

#nothingtodo,alldaytodoit
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    TDKBOMB has just made a ballistic gel zombie dog

utterly divine and supremely talented. she is so wonderful

#shewillbeMFs
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    MattFalle said:

TDKBOMB has just made a ballistic gel zombie dog

utterly divine and supremely talented. she is so wonderful

#shewillbeMFs

I know i shouldn't ask, but who?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    TDKBOMB.

#sigh
    #so,so,sowonderful
  • oxoman said:

Cargobike is this you by any chance spreading Christmas cheer in Derby.
    https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/derby-news/singing-nun-driving-mobile-piano-4824534

:lol::lol:
    No, it's not, but I wish it had been.
    Far too good looking for me.
    Thanks for that, cheered me up no end.

Anyway, cold and wet once again.
    Roll on Christmas Day, I'm still at work, but at least I won't be riding a bike all day, everyday.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    They have a sense of humour in Derby.

Bit dull here. Must get Porker#2's wheels aligned and get MOT done.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Chucking it down currently. Need to head out in an hour, please stop. Got cards to deliver then meet pals for outside under heaters lunchtime drinks (and substantial egg), unless the bleepers move us out of T2 by then. Expect to get wet, muddied and a bit cold anyway.
  • According to the OH we are going Tier 4 in a weeks time.
    Doubt it will have any impact whatsoever on me, or work, but I could do with a few weeks off.
    Enjoy your beer and scotch egg. Doubt I'll be having either anytime soon.
  • elbowloh
    oxoman said:

I'd love the chance to catch up with some mates in a beer garden with or without the a dodgy egg, been in tier 3 for so long I've forgotten what decent beer is. Suspect CB,s OH is sadly going to be correct. TBH I haven't got an issue with Boris,s rules, it will be works stupid interpretation of them.

Haven't had a beer in a pub since pre-lockdown 1!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited December 2020
    A pint in a pub... what a thought.
    [sobs]
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • 'kin 'ell.
    Proper brass monkeys today.
    Still rocking a pair of baggy shorts though.
    Having to work twice as hard to keep warm though.
    Could murder a pint in front of a roaring fire in a pub.
    Might have to use that image to get through the rest of the day.

In other news a young lady I had a dalliance with a year or two ago has been in touch out of the blue. CB is now wondering whether he's a father once again or whether it's something less sinister.

Always good to have a plan B if the OH throws another wobbly and this one is even younger too :lol:
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Hmmm, 'tis the season of the virgin birth.....

Just in, wet inside and out. Good sesh with friends, some good beers and eats, in the opensided outdoors covered and heated space, which is Permitted today but from Boxing Day Niet when we go from T2 to T4. OFFS.

Got a seriously dirty bike in t'garage but not getting fettled the now. When is this 'kin rain gonna do one?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Last full day of this year and still sorting out a seemingly endless stream of sh!t. Just had a virtual physio appointment for the wrist. He is happy that it is still improving and thinks it will continue to improve slowly. Have to keep going with the wrist physio even when it hurts. Why can't they fix it with magical devices like on Star Trek?
    I remember pints in a pub, being Wednesday I should be doing that tonight of course. Went for a walk with the EPO at lunchtime. A pub round the corner has had a big fancy tarpaulin thing erected over the courtyard, apparently it was put up the day before the tier 4 announcement. Really do feel bad for those that do what they can but still get shafted.
    Anway, onward and upwards...
  • MattFalle
    edited December 2020
    Cargobike said:

'kin 'ell.

In other news a young lady I had a dalliance with a year or two ago has been in touch out of the blue. CB is now wondering whether he's a father once again or whether it's something less sinister.

Always good to have a plan B if the OH throws another wobbly and this one is even younger too :lol:

unless she has the gestation period of an iguana, if she was preggers you'd have got a letter from her brief a long while ago.....

#aworryaboutnowt
    #attentionseeking
  • elbowloh
    I think elephants have an 18 month gestation period also.

CB, was she called Nellie by any chance?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Another ferkin busy day given I'm not working - supposedly. Got a last trip to get supplies in a bit (got an appointment booked so I can bypass the plague zombies queueing outside in the damp :) ). Then its eat and drink time.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    Pressies wrapped, fire lit, about to makt G&T and chill while chicken for curry marinades, vino rosso is breathing and all is good.

#houndsnoringinfrontoffire
  • Cargobike said:

'kin 'ell.

'av a bit o respect for your knees, please! Put some trousers on. I've got a postie that always walks around in the baggy shorts. It always makes me cringe every time I see him.
    I can't walk the fells anymore cos of my worn-out/fragile knees
    I'm sure an old soldier can rummage up a fire and a few tinnies :D
  • MattFalle

Cargobike said:

'kin 'ell.

'av a bit o respect for your knees, please! Put some trousers on. I've got a postie that always walks around in the baggy shorts. It always makes me cringe every time I see him.
    I can't walk the fells anymore cos of my worn-out/fragile knees
    I'm sure an old soldier can rummage up a fire and a few tinnies :D
    Posties do it because skin and short dry quicker than trousers on a 'round.

Others do it for attention or because they think it makes them look"hard"

#itsnot.itscold.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Drove to drop off/pick up pressies from MiL, drove back, bought Baron bigod, taleggio, Colston basset Stilton, Montgomery Cheddar from posh shop in Wimbledon village. Also chicken liver parfait and assorted charcuterie.

Spent all bl00dy afternoon on calls with potential advisors on an "exit" from a non-performing asset, and another one at 9 a.m. tomorrow. Corporate finance types love to prove how tough they are by working at Christmas. Fidiots.

Picking up some lovely smoked salmon early tomorrow from a fishmonger pal who cures and smokes his own from wild salmon. Otterly delicious. No need for lemon or any other garnish.

Bubbly in fridge ready for carols from Kings college. Half the wrapping accomplished. No cooking tomorrow, curry.

Nearly there...
  • elbowloh
    Stevo_666 said:

Another ferkin busy day given I'm not working - supposedly. Got a last trip to get supplies in a bit (got an appointment booked so I can bypass the plague zombies queueing outside in the damp :) ). Then its eat and drink time.

Harrods?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Stevo_666
    elbowloh said:

Stevo_666 said:

Harrods?
    Waitrose.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    elbowloh said:

I think elephants have an 18 month gestation period also.

CB, was she called Nellie by any chance?

It's Derbyshire so maybe she was called Flossie?
  • Cargobike
    Cargobike Posts: 748
    edited December 2020
    MattFalle said:

Posties do it because skin and short dry quicker than trousers on a 'round.

Others do it for attention or because they think it makes them look"hard"

#itsnot.itscold.

To look hard? :lol::lol:

I wear baggies for their practicality, not for attention seeking or badassness.
    The amount of cr*p you have to carry is unbelievable, "we missed you" cards, contactless payment reader, pen/pencils, notepad, keys, the list is endless.

I'd normally be wearing Endura 3/4s at this time of year, again for all their pockets but I ripped the ar$e out of one pair last week when climbing over a customers gate making a delivery, (place was like Fort Knox) and I just don't like wearing dirty gear, so the other 2 pairs are in the laundry bin.

The air temperature was fine today, but the combination of wind and rain made it feel far colder than it actually was.

#legstodiefor
    #billybigbollocks

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    hopkinb said:

Drove to drop off/pick up pressies from MiL, drove back, bought Baron bigod, taleggio, Colston basset Stilton, Montgomery Cheddar from posh shop in Wimbledon village. Also chicken liver parfait and assorted charcuterie.

Spent all bl00dy afternoon on calls with potential advisors on an "exit" from a non-performing asset, and another one at 9 a.m. tomorrow. Corporate finance types love to prove how tough they are by working at Christmas. Fidiots.

Picking up some lovely smoked salmon early tomorrow from a fishmonger pal who cures and smokes his own from wild salmon. Otterly delicious. No need for lemon or any other garnish.

Bubbly in fridge ready for carols from Kings college. Half the wrapping accomplished. No cooking tomorrow, curry.

Nearly there...

You don’t have any kids in Kings College do you?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Had some smoked salmon pate for brekkie, belly has been dodgy ever since. Spent a delightful few hours dodging Covid in hospital while poor number 1 boy had six teeth removed! 2 adult and 4 baby. Could be a lot worse, some very poor little mites on the ward. Margarita going down a treat. Merry Christmas!
  • seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Nearly there...

Ha, just this minute sent them a reference.
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Nearly there...

Ha, just this minute sent them a reference.
    But you’re in Bournemouth aren’t you?