edited December 2020 in The bottom bracket
'ning

rain, followed by more rain

much coffee, wfh, bubbly to celebrate the daylight's imminent embiggening
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH - which will be harder as the kids are around but easier because most people are off.

Walk hounds and a gentle jog should get the appetite up for a pig based breakfast
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited December 2020
    Morning, dry n cooler, dog walked just having a cuppa before I head off to the shops, janes working so the shopping is left to me, so is it Johnny Walker green or blue label ?
    Cycling later
    Have a good day
  • 'ning.
    Nice to see it's Monday, I honestly didn't know.
    More wfw.
    Out to other depots today, Leicester and Loughborough, plus site visits to potential new depots opening in the new year, Burton-on-Trent, Stafford and Stoke-on-Trent.
    Busy, busy, busy.
    Really hoping the traffic isn't too bad as I'm driving and I hate sitting in traffic jams.
    Might be time to invest in a new motorbike to free up time sat doing nothing.
    Enjoy your day.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Dark and wet outside, so I'm staying inside.
    WFH which will be difficult because OH is at home and because almost everyone else is off work.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,591
    Joining the panic buying hordes no doubt......
    If I'm going to be housebound then I'm going to enjoy it!
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Salut

On the couch drinking coffee - will take Hound for a stroll then do weights sesh then looking after bambini as TDV is wfh.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

Morning, dry n cooler, dog walked just having a cuppa before I head off to the shops, janes working so the shopping is left to me, so is it Johnny Walker green or blue label ?
    Cycling later
    Have a good day

Johnny Walker? You can do better than that shurely.

When is this imminent daylight SG?

Early shop for me. Yay! What fun. Yippee.
    I might survive.

Toots are off until the 18th Jan. This will be fun...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    18th? Blimey. MFs got an extra day and even that will do his nut in....

#aretheybackatschoolyet?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod said:

'ning

rain, followed by more rain

much coffee, wfh, bubbly to celebrate the daylight's imminent embiggening

Yeah, watching that rain fall, no solstitial bubbly for me, will save that for Christmas Eve.

Working on and off until Wednesday, then turning everything off until the 4th. I think.
  • thistle_
    MattFalle said:

#aretheybackatschoolyet?

Depends whether you prefer them being at home or if you prefer sitting in car parks.

You could always send them to school when it's shut then at least you'll get a few hours peace until they come back.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,157
    Last day of official working but I know that's not what's going to happen given how much is going on. Onwards to a few more meetings etc.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • 'ning

Walked dog along empty beach in glorious sunshine. Lovely start to the day.

Post-coffee I decided to go get some fuel for mowers... a good plan till I discovered one of the drum nozzles is FUBAR.

Spent a few hours on big mower, interrupted only by lunch. Should have gone for long ride but other chores were on the list.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    We haven't been out of the house all weekend. Awaiting results from COVID home test kits.

On the last dreggs of food in the house, with tesco delivery not coming till tomorrow evening. We'll not starve, but we might have some funny combination meals!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Greetings from dour dorset. This morning i might clean my fine steed between the rain showers. Better news, I have removed the Amazon store, branding, apps and lock screen from my sons amazon tablet so it now works like a normal android tablet. Easy to do too thanks to the fire toolbox on xda.
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

#aretheybackatschoolyet?

Depends whether you prefer them being at home or if you prefer sitting in car parks.

You could always send them to school when it's shut then at least you'll get a few hours peace until they come back.
    both are very good points very well presented.

Or I could tell them that school is now outdoors due to the 'Rona and drop them in a random field somewhere. Get enough parents in on the jape and before you know it we'll all be chucking car keys in a bowl.

#aaarrgh.ARangey.FFS.Betthey'rerighttwots
  • MattFalle
    edited December 2020

Greetings from dour dorset. This morning i might clean my fine steed between the rain showers. Better news, I have removed the Amazon store, branding, apps and lock screen from my sons amazon tablet so it now works like a normal android tablet. Easy to do too thanks to the fire toolbox on xda.

fine steed.

ffs.

box of dead arms heading your way.

#finesteed.ffs.
  • MattFalle said:

Greetings from dour dorset. This morning i might clean my fine steed between the rain showers. Better news, I have removed the Amazon store, branding, apps and lock screen from my sons amazon tablet so it now works like a normal android tablet. Easy to do too thanks to the fire toolbox on xda.

fine steed.

ffs.

box of dead arms heading your way.

#finesteed.ffs.
    Ok, course donkey.
  • pinno

'ning
    Should have gone for long ride but other chores were on the list.

MattFalle said:

#aretheybackatschoolyet?

Although I feel much safer as we can shield considering that they missed me and I was told repeatedly not to contact my GP regarding flu jab... and the notification letter never came... so I pressed the regional hospital and it was done in 48hrs.

The current treadmill: I have been explicitly told not to contact my GP regarding ' 'Rona' vaccine and my Haemotologist's sekertary told me to contact my GP...

#nota'merry'goround
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

Although I feel much safer as we can shield considering that they missed me and I was told repeatedly not to contact my GP regarding flu jab... and the notification letter never came... so I pressed the regional hospital and it was done in 48hrs.

Originally we were told everyone should get one this year but the GP said no chance to me when I queried it with them.
  • pinno
    If you are not in a higher risk group and those relatives who are have had the jab, why?
    Didn't your kids get the jab? Ours do, at school.
    I say 'jab', it's a nasal spray.

One daughter is completely unaffected by it, the other gets sniffles and the odd nose bleed.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    It's a bike though, not a horse. Unless you are cleaning your horse. Which is possible!

Though to be scrupulously fair, steed does appear as "slang, humorous - bicycle" in one or two online sources, and language is fluid and evolving. I still wouldn't call a bike a steed though.

Sore legs and slightly chaffed barse after that first "proper" ride in nearly a month yesterday.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    elbowloh said:

We haven't been out of the house all weekend. Awaiting results from COVID home test kits.

On the last dreggs of food in the house, with tesco delivery not coming till tomorrow evening. We'll not starve, but we might have some funny combination meals!

Treat the Missis to a takeaway you tight git 😃
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

I would love a takeaway, the Missus, doesn't like them (in general) unfortunately.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Ai. Braved the wilds of the every little helps branch this morning. I never usually go of a Monday morning but it was busy busy. Still plenty of pasta on the shelves so the zombies hadn't risen as yet. More sweet peppers destined for the freezer. I really don't want to be limited to turnips come the brave new year.

Had better get that tree decorated. Bah and humbug.
  • hopkinb said:

It's a bike though, not a horse. Unless you are cleaning your horse. Which is possible!

Though to be scrupulously fair, steed does appear as "slang, humorous - bicycle" in one or two online sources, and language is fluid and evolving. I still wouldn't call a bike a steed though.

Sore legs and slightly chaffed barse after that first "proper" ride in nearly a month yesterday.

I would much rather ride emma peel or purdy but steed will just have to suffice.
  • elbowloh said:

seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

I would love a takeaway, the Missus, doesn't like them (in general) unfortunately.
    "keep the change, ya filthy animal" shouted through the letter box should help here.
  • thistle_
    Bugger, I can't find my wireless earbuds and I think I left them at the gym - which is now closed for Christmas/lockdown.
    I'd order another pair but they've gone up in price by 20% :neutral:
  • MattFalle
    Dark, hissing down, windy, cold. Bored. Chess chess'd, lunch lunch'd, may have a protein shake then go and do some weights.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

censored , I can't find my wireless earbuds and I think I left them at the gym - which is now closed for Christmas/lockdown.

Have you looked in your ears?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    seanoconn said:

censored , I can't find my wireless earbuds and I think I left them at the gym - which is now closed for Christmas/lockdown.

Have you looked in your ears?
    Just checked, definitely not there.
    Currently using my work headset instead and look like Craig David of Bo! Selecta