friday we created it, let's take it over

'ning

hangover almost gone

more ride, more coffee, more webex, more lazing, more bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Hangover?

Explains everything.

Not wanting to break forum etiquette I've been waiting patiently to post for 4 hours or so.

CB is in need of being hungover. You never know it might just happen in a weeks time.

Anyway, the last of the Christmas shopping has been ordered online, smelly and gloopy stuff for the OH and stocking fillers for several other friends and family. Another day of parcel delivery madness beckons. Best be getting on with it.

Enjoy your day, whatever you ar doing.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    'Ning
    Soggy outside again but mild.
    WFH and not much else.

Need to pick up the Amazon parcel I twice forgot to collect yesterday while I was out. Excuse for a walk/cycle if it dries up a bit.
    Cargobike said:

Not wanting to break forum etiquette I've been waiting patiently to post for 4 hours or so.

I think the rule is that you have to have been to sleep before starting the next days thread, but beware the chaos of having two threads.

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Meh tired. Work stuff in my mind and ensured shoot sleep.

Another window company coming over today to convince the wife we need doors and windows more than I need a new bike 🙄

Later is home bar disco as it’s Friday
  • Wfh, last day until christmas. Supposed to have my flu jab today but havnt had confirmation or timeslot from doctors and havnt got through on the phone. I really dont want to go and stand in the rain for two hours to get jab for flu when I'm unlikely to get it due to social distancing. I'm more likely to end up with a respiratory illness doing that than anything else...
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

Another window company coming over today to convince the wife we need doors and windows more than I need a new bike 🙄

Can you get the LBS to come round and tell you that your bikes are all poo and need replacing?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,398

tlw1 said:

Can you get the LBS to come round and tell you that your bikes are all poo and need replacing?
    😂
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1

tlw1 said:

Just a comparison when I go out on the MTB this weekend with some pals, 2 Santa Cruz and a hope 😂
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Last day at work until Jan 4 so intend to do less than normal.

Doing an on line mental health first aider course to fill the time and chuck a cert in the file - if it helps someone, sometime then its a blimmin' good use of my time.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Last day in the office for me also, may do some WFH next week through, is the general consensus that most places are shutting up shop today?

Hot tub session later!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    Today started off with enthusiasm but is turning into one of those unproductive days.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    MattFalle said:

Ciao

Doing an on line mental health first aider course to fill the time and chuck a cert in the file - if it helps me, sometime then its a blimmin' good way of earning even more filthy lucre paid for by us.

FTFY

Soggy here. Busy getting the Xmas decorations out of the loft and setting up the tree,
    Daredn't decorate it though as that job is exclusively reserved for the girls.

Do we need to get a possy to rescue SG from the Norf?
    [That's possy Seano]
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Late start, slept in a bit.

Finished shelves above workbench in shed. Then decided to remove and rebuild the other ones the previous owner made, because they were just ugly dysfunctional rubbish. So, spent the afternoon on angle grinder cutting off all the silly little bracket bits he'd welded to random places.

Realised I have a few more wheels/tyres than I thought stashed away in boxes in the corner. Oops.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,698
    edited December 2020
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Ciao

Doing an on line mental health first aider course to fill the time and chuck a cert in the file - if it helps me, sometime then its a blimmin' good way of earning even more filthy lucre paid for by us.

[That's possy Seano]

He's already back I believe, not that he was really very norf in the scheme of things
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    Norf is relative.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno said:

Norf is relative.

Tis
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,516
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Ciao

FTFY

Soggy here. Busy getting the Xmas decorations out of the loft and setting up the tree,
    Daredn't decorate it though as that job is exclusively reserved for the girls.

[That's possy Seano]
    we're back, last day got tier three'd so only room service brekkie rather than in the crimbo-gothic hansom lounge, so called as in ye olde days the carriages used to drive in here to drop people off

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,412
    Sort of having a day off so trying to do some admin in amongst ignoring work panics and making a start on my bl00dy tax return. What joy. Exercise and cider later, although not at the same time.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

Sort of having a day off so trying to do some admin in amongst ignoring work panics and making a start on my bl00dy tax return. What joy. Exercise and cider later, although not at the same time.

Which cider is on the menu today?
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Which cider is on the menu today?
    Aspalls Vintage, ABV 8.2%. AKA posh tramp fuel.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Mmmm 8.2 not too shabby, I like a cider that’s not too gassy, something like scrumpy but chilled would be ideal, can’t drink warm alcohol or that beer crap 💩
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Mmmm 8.2 not too shabby, I like a cider that’s not too gassy, something like scrumpy but chilled would be ideal, can’t drink warm alcohol or that beer censored 💩

Try the Westons cloudy vintage cider if you want something a bit scrumpy-ish that you can get down the supermarket. Bit of fizz but nothing like the Magners type cr@p. Goes down very nicely chilled and 7.3% ABV so you can sit there and tell the trouble 'n' strife you're 'only having a couple' and still get half cut :smile:
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Mmmm 8.2 not too shabby, I like a cider that’s not too gassy, something like scrumpy but chilled would be ideal, can’t drink warm alcohol or that beer censored 💩

Try the Westons cloudy vintage cider if you want something a bit scrumpy-ish that you can get down the supermarket. Bit of fizz but nothing like the Magners type cr@p. Goes down very nicely chilled and 7.3% ABV so you can sit there and tell the trouble 'n' strife you're 'only having a couple' and still get half cut :smile:
    I’ll have a look out for that thanks 👍
  • MattFalle
    good gracious its cold and windy.

Well, thats work done, port port'd, just chillin' at a friends house while he finishes off some work bits before having a brew and a gossip.

#christmasholidays.great.
  • tlw1
    Just had a few boxes delivered from western cider 😎

Someone just send me a text saying there is a load of pics of my house on facemuck, this is now our dining room

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Can we all not just agree that cider is fecking horrible?

*not drunk cider since i was about 16, drank too much and was "sick on every tree on the way home" according to friends as I don't remember it. I also don't remember sleeping with my arms round the toilet or friends feeding me biscuits.

For similar reasons I can't drink vodka.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    Do you get the kids to do the serving and the washing up?

Late start. 11 hours sleep. Must have been needed. So lunchtime gym session, bit busier than mid mornings and def more eye candy to distract from the pain.

Otherwise it's manky, dismal, grey, mizzling, blowy pants weather. Think it's time per Pinno to get the tree done, it not being November any more.
  • elbowloh said:

Can we all not just agree that cider is fecking horrible?

*not drunk cider since i was about 16, drank too much and was "sick on every tree on the way home" according to friends as I don't remember it. I also don't remember sleeping with my arms round the toilet or friends feeding me biscuits.

For similar reasons I can't drink vodka.

ghastly stuff. Keep driving the porcelain bus...
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    seanoconn said:

Open a 2 litre bottle of Ace and put it in the fridge. Drink the next day. It will be de-gassed and cold. It will also fcuk you right up. Hundreds of Harry Ramps can't be wrong.

• MattFalle
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Octavius Federidge Tinsworthy Ace - to give him his full name. I think it was read out when he appeared in court once for sh*tting himself in public or some similar public order offence.

I'm not sure if he drank this particular Ace, which used to be called White Ace, until they dropped the "white" due to the "bad image" of "white ciders".

https://www.britishfoodmart.com/product/ace-cider-crisp-refreshing-apple-cider-2-5-litres/

18.8 lovely units of alcohol for £3.99. That's some bargain basement oblivion.