Wet Wednesday

Morning
Pouring down, rain has arrived earlier than expected.
WFW today for the first time in ages.
Might go for a run later if the rain eases off.

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Looks like wellies for walking the hounds today, might have a rest day today as we really need to decorate the tree and move the sofa from the dinning room
  • 'ning.
    Damp, chilly and breezy commute in this morning with a constant headwind.
    Luckily mostly downhill, so no excuses for not getting it done.
    Sat, waiting for the kettle to boil ready for the first mug of tea.
    Once again overwhelmed with emails so everything sent to bin. If it's important they'll contact me again, if not, f*ck 'em.
    Starting to really feel the pressure now. Long days almost seem to be morphing into the next. Just got to keep on, keeping on.
    Already yawning. Not a good sign.
    Enjoy your day, whatever you are doing.
  • Can't find the "whatever footie" thread, but my beloved Nottingham Forest recorded their first win in 8 matches last night.
    Thank f*ck for that!
    Millwall on Saturday, time for back to back wins.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, dry although cooler, dog walked in that blustery south easterly wind, having a coffee, conservatory roof needs washing before Christmas might do that today
    Have a good day
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    First caffeine shot, browse t'internet, get awake, get arris in gear, get prepped, get out, get train, get bus, get to favourite Eye Hospital, get jabbed, get home, hopefully get a low score on the aftereffects, do nothing much for 48 hours. Plan.
  • Was going to wfw but weather looks cr@p so wfh. I'll put my chair back together first though.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Unscathed but de-haired MF here. Sitting in a car park with bambino waiting for weird school opening time then into the workplace to pretend to be busy - hopefully some virtual training stuff I'm planning to do shouldn't be too bad - he says......

'Tis a bit chilly out there though......

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    edited December 2020
    oxoman said:

I think MF may be way laid today, as he's probably nicked himself shaving his body hair to make him go faster.😇

😎
    #everywattcounts
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Was going to wfw but weather looks cr@p so wfh. I'll put my chair back together first though.

Pics please
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    Blimey - been in literally 5 minutes and its all kicked off.

Question: M, who wrote your job description?

MF: errr - not sure. The Ministry of Defence? Surgeon General? Chief of Defence Staff? No idea. If it was me I definitly wouldn't be doing a tenth of the schizer I have to do.

Welcome to my world.

#didn'tsignupforthisshit
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    MattFalle said:

de-haired MF here.
    'Tis a bit chilly out there though......

Might be related
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    tlw1 said:

Looks like wellies for walking the hounds today, might have a rest day today as we really need to decorate the tree and move the sofa from the dinning room

But but but... your dining room is as big as the Albert hall.

Wet, soggy, waterlogged [add whatever adjective you like].

Is there no internet in Norf Laaandon hotels?!

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    No, I am not doing a two hour Zoom lesson. As interesting as I am everyone will just do what we all do when confronted with Zoom - blank screen, mute, walk away.....
  • Really CBA today.
    Not really the attitude to have when you're the boss, but.....
    Oh well, only another 9 hours and I can go home.
  • Sat here designing a staircase, oh the joy.

But, on a lighter note I went to the gym last night and am not in epic pain today.

Time for tea...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn said:

Was going to wfw but weather looks cr@p so wfh. I'll put my chair back together first though.

Pics please

• Sat here designing a staircase, oh the joy.

But, on a lighter note I went to the gym last night and am not in epic pain today.

Time for tea...

Sounds like fun. I remember doing mine, having to drag out the relevant standards and going with a double winder to free up more space and stop banging my head on the way down.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    edited December 2020
    WFH today as were in tier 3 along with the rest of the great unwashed. Usual last minute panics before Christmas and people try to get stuff off their plate and onto somebody elses. The only plate of mine with stuff on it shortly will be my lunch plate :)

Onwards to delegation and mitigation. And lots of bloody 'Teams' meetings.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

Pics please

Great job 👍 Looks almost good enough to sit on, or pile crap onto 😃
  • Visit to osteopath to have voodoo "dry needling" done on my arm. Which hurt. A lot.

Lazy day otherwise as a result.

Tomorrow: optometrist.

Living the dream this week I am.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Bored, bored and bored. Looking at light xc bikes and trying to work out what my CDF is worth to sell to a mate's OH. Awful weather, cba to ride at lunch. Nearly everything I'm meant to be doing at work has been handed over now so I have nothing to do.
  • MattFalle
    So bored

#bored
  • Bored, Student forum of students whining about stuff they don't know because they haven't done any work. Bored, not listening, slackers, bored.
    ~FWITS
  • MattFalle
    Really bored now.

Colleague in office - a man you really, really don't want to make angry (PARA, Commando, generally angry) has just stormed off to kick someone's head in.

I've lost the will to live through boredom and may go to sleep under my desk.

#secretsnoring
  • MattFalle said:

Really bored now.

Colleague in office - a man you really, really don't want to make angry (PARA, Commando, generally angry) has just stormed off to kick someone's head in.

I've lost the will to live through boredom and may go to sleep under my desk.

#secretsnoring

You need to get your cv-19 app to tell you to isolate, and quickly.
    #go-home
  • seanoconn
    MattFalle said:

Really bored now.

#secretsnoring

Mess with his stuff before he gets back 😃
  • seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

Really bored now.

#secretsnoring

Saw an inch off the legs of his desk.
    That'll confuse him, he won't know what's wrong but it'll take days to get comfortable again.
  • /The Twits.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle

seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

Really bored now.

#secretsnoring

That'll confuse him, he won't know what's wrong but it'll take days to get comfortable again.
    adjust his chair ever so much that its detectable but not detectable but something is wrong but i'm not sure what......
  • MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

Really bored now.

#secretsnoring

adjust his chair ever so much that its detectable but not detectable but something is wrong but i'm not sure what......
    or just set fire to it.