Tuesday, is Chris really driving home for Christmas?

Morning, mild and dry, early ride, busy afternoon which wil involve spending a good quid
Have a good day

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    edited December 2020
    Walk hounds in the dry, put running gear on and the rain starts 🙄

Work stuff, later might be a ride but should really decorate the tree (as in put the star on the top, as the wife is still grumpy that I chose one 4 ft higher than she wanted)
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Last day of work work in this wonderful year. And only a 1/2-ish as well. To involve much chainsawery, given message I got yesterday about a huge pine branch coming down and causing all sorts of damage underneath. Wonder if I could salvage a natural alternative to the artificial not due up until the weekend...? And it's not supposed to rain 👍
  • Early morning bikewash, followed by lumpy commute to work, bike now in a sh*ttier state than before I washed it :lol:

Spoke with the OH, ex, whatever, last night and going round to hers for dinner later and a chat about where we go from here.

Hopefully this will entail drinking copious amounts of booze and wild sex.

One can only hope.

• Good moaning,
    Dry but a cool 5°C, boiled egg and toast on the go, looks like I’m staying in tier 3 around here
    WFW this morning, BAH (beer at home) later, might get the tree down
  • Oh, to answer the question, Chris won't be driving home for Christmas.

Why would anyone want to drive to Middlesborough while living in the well to do confines of Windsor?
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Cargobike said:

Oh, to answer the question, Chris won't be driving home for Christmas.

Why would anyone want to drive to Middlesborough while living in the well to do confines of Windsor?

but but but but isn't he a man of the people?

A bit like Paul Scholes who still lives in a council flat in Manchester and not a multi million pound pad in Alderly Edge?

#residenceanddomicile
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    Day off today so currently lying on the couch under bambino's duvet with the Hound snoring at my feet.

Only intend to leave the house to pick up bambina's contact lenses. May do some tinkering on the Soloist - currently scratching head over 'bar/stem aesthetics.

#hmmmm-don'tlikethat
  • WfW today so hoping to dodge the rain on my ride in. Made a grilled Parma ham baguette for lunch. Must have a rummage for my waterproof trousers.
  • MattFalle said:

Cargobike said:

A bit like Paul Scholes who still lives in a council flat in Manchester and not a multi million pound pad in Alderly Edge?

#residenceanddomicile
    I'm sure Chris probably would like to drive home for Christmas, but his good wife is a Southerner, so the answer is definitely no.

Not that I've seen either of them for a decade mind.

There you go CB doing a bit of name dropping :lol:
  • MattFalle
    Cargobike said:

MattFalle said:

Cargobike said:

#residenceanddomicile
    I'm sure Chris probably would like to drive home for Christmas, but his good wife is a Southerner, so the answer is definitely no.

Not that I've seen either of them for a decade mind.

There you go CB doing a bit of name dropping :lol:
    Dropping a parcel at someone's door doesn't make them a friend you know.
  • Ouch!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Poor Chris Rea, not looking too good these days.

Today will involve soliciting likes from CB

GOOD LUCK TODAY CB!!! 😃👍👍👍

And browsing A/C motors as I can’t stand that whining noise anymore.

#wecanfixit!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    Right - quick one: spinni g the cranks backwards on the Solist, chain flicks off down the cassette on one gear only (21) - am presuming that this is because that one is more worn/may have a dicky tooth on it.

Waddya say?

#queries
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    New bike needed
  • seanoconn said:

#wecanfixit!

I need a loud motor to drown out my mrs too!
  • MattFalle said:

Right - quick one: spinni g the cranks backwards on the Solist, chain flicks off down the cassette on one gear only (21) - am presuming that this is because that one is more worn/may have a dicky tooth on it.

Waddya say?

#queries

don't pedal backwards. probs a bent tooth but might be play in the freehub bearings or a bent axle.
  • MattFalle

New bike needed

good point well presented - grazie

#well,itisChristmas
  • seanoconn said:

#wecanfixit!

Go f*ck yourself :lol:
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

Waddya say?

#queries

don't pedal backwards. probs a bent tooth but might be play in the freehub bearings or a bent axle.
    grazie! thinking bent tooth as well as its only in the one gear - it's a Miche Ti cassette Campy hub so have new Campy ti top two sprockets thingie sitting on the work bench so will try swapping them over.

Does anyone know if 10 and 11 speed spacing is the same? Eyeing it up through the packet it looks pretty spot on.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Actually, he lives in the area. I could have had him over.

'Alright Chris!'

'Hello Ben I didn't know you'd moved in'

'Yeah, just moved in, last week. I'm having a Christmas bubble, fancy coming over?'

'I'd love to! Do you mind if I bring my guitar?'

'I'd rather you didn't, it's not that kind of area. Do you like salmon en croute?'

'I love it! But my wife's vegetarian'

'Doesn't matter, it's fish'

'No she won't eat that either'

'Oh forget it! You people'
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

Waddya say?

#queries

grazie! thinking bent tooth as well as its only in the one gear - it's a Miche Ti cassette Campy hub so have new Campy ti top two sprockets thingie sitting on the work bench so will try swapping them over.

Does anyone know if 10 and 11 speed spacing is the same? Eyeing it up through the packet it looks pretty spot on.
    ah, you said it already, if you don't know what's broken look for the word "Miche"
  • OK, so i rode into work in the pouring rain so someone from IT could fix my computer AT 9:00 AM. I told them I was busy all day and would need to be away from the office, working in the materials lab, but i'll be there at 09:00. Where the fark are they? another waste of a f'ing day waiting around for someone else to f'ing turn up on time. They're doing it remotely, they don't even have to come to f'ing office. B'stards!
  • seanoconn
    Cargobike said:

seanoconn said:

#wecanfixit!

Go f*ck yourself :lol:
    I prefer positive reinforcement.
  • seanoconn

OK, so i rode into work in the pouring rain so someone from IT could fix my computer AT 9:00 AM. I told them I was busy all day and would need to be away from the office, working in the materials lab, but i'll be there at 09:00. Where the fark are they? another waste of a f'ing day waiting around for someone else to f'ing turn up on time. They're doing it remotely, they don't even have to come to f'ing office. B'stards!

They’re probably busy

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Chris Rea is from my old end of the world (along with other talented and famous people including Paul Daniels, Ridley Scott and Roy Chubby Brown :) ). Apparently his song 'Road to Hell' was a northerner's take on the M25...

In the office enjoying the solitude before tier 3 kicks in. Got my company medical today so that's most of the afternoon taken care of. Main result is they tell me I'm not going to die soon.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    seanoconn said:

#wecanfixit!

Seano, are you sure the whining noise is coming from an electric motor? Most of have solved the problem by looking in here:

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn said:

OK, so i rode into work in the pouring rain so someone from IT could fix my computer AT 9:00 AM. I told them I was busy all day and would need to be away from the office, working in the materials lab, but i'll be there at 09:00. Where the fark are they? another waste of a f'ing day waiting around for someone else to f'ing turn up on time. They're doing it remotely, they don't even have to come to f'ing office. B'stards!

They’re probably busy

I have Outlook and Teams not working. So they tried contacting via email, then Teams... I gave them my phone number but actually speaking is too complicated.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited December 2020
    MattFalle said:

No it is not but you can deploy a 'shift mate'.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jtek-ShiftMate-6/312181199609?epid=683706216&hash=item48af7312f9:g:umIAAOSwDcZbPekb

There are many versions - up to 7 depending on what compatibility you want to create.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Chilly today, must eat and recover (do bugger all).
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Donny Chain Gang tonight. Need to eat plenty through the day...
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/