powertap p1 dual pedals - battery drain

Hi all,

Powertap p1 dual sided here. Had for a while, started using them again a few weeks ago. 2 fresh lithium AAA batteries, covers are good, right battery now down to 7% post workout (checked in rouvy but garmin headunit warned me also), left battery still reported as 100%

also checked with a multimeter and at the time, left was at 1.6V, right was down to 1.1V. Overnight, they've increased so left is 1.7 and right is 1.5. Brand new one is reporting 1.8V

Any idea why the right is using so much more power? and any fixes?

Comments

• redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    I'm afraid unequal/ excessive battery drain is just one of the multitude of problems the p1's are renowned for.

I had this with one of the many sets I went through (each one replaced under warranty before finally getting my money back) and powertap advised me at the time to try a negative charge in the pedal by putting the battery in the wrong way, locking the cap, then remove and reinsert correctly. Didn't work for me but might be worth a go.
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    redvision said:

I'm afraid unequal/ excessive battery drain is just one of the multitude of problems the p1's are renowned for.

I had this with one of the many sets I went through (each one replaced under warranty before finally getting my money back) and powertap advised me at the time to try a negative charge in the pedal by putting the battery in the wrong way, locking the cap, then remove and reinsert correctly. Didn't work for me but might be worth a go.

Sounds like a shite product.