thursday quantum fields lead inevitably to pineapple

'ning

cold but dry

ride, cafe, cafe, wfh, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, dry , cold, no wind, shopping for presents this morning, cycling later.
    Have a good day
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    oxoman said:

OOPs, awkward. Don't panic SG, I will yield. Must have been seconds between us posting.

wait ages then two come along at once :smiley:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Morning, meant to run first thing, but heart rate is elevated at the moment so rest and longer walk instead.

WFH then drinking in a pals garden 😎
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Top tip MF courtesy of Pinno. That’s Pinno spelt p i n n o

You have to abuse the little people out loud or you won’t get your stick back.

^^^
    All above credit to Pinno
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Have just sworn at them repeatedly and still nothing.

Now just going to start throwing bins around.

I presume we're all on here now then?

#herenotthere
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    7-6 to SG now...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    edited December 2020
    Pedal pedalled.

Now taking mrs SB out for lunch at a new steak place which opened on Monday. Expectations are for average food but it's 1/2 price so worth it.

Salmon for supper.

May do some measuring later as Mrs sb has also requested wooden planters as a gardening leave present.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Which way do I go?

Oh bollox, that's just put in front SG 8-6.

Must have equilibrium and peace brother, peace...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    Is it any better over here or shall we stay next door?

#ooooh.freebeernextdoor
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    pinno said:

Which way do I go?

Oh bollox, that's just put in front SG 8-6.

Must have equilibrium and peace brother, peace...

it's not a race, be mellow
  • In the interests of mellow and fair play, this is the even-up post, even if it is Friday already.

Thursday involved swearing at former owner (in absentia) for the workmanship of things he did round here. Late afternoon walk was a nice break.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Got bought a pot of pork dripping by my eccentric father in law. I'm obsessed with it. Proper dripping with a clear jelly. It's amazing. Had it on toast, cooked a leftover meat, onion and diced potato hash with it. Lovely. I expect I shall snuff it shortly.
  • hopkinb said:

Got bought a pot of pork dripping by my eccentric father in law. I'm obsessed with it. Proper dripping with a clear jelly. It's amazing. Had it on toast, cooked a leftover meat, onion and diced potato hash with it. Lovely. I expect I shall snuff it shortly.

I've put myself on a strict vegan diet until the New Year, to hopefully smash off the last excess lbs, so greens only ie brocolli, cabbage, spinach etc.
    I've never considered eating anything with pork dripping, or any other animal product for that matter, but the thought of eating something more exciting than rabbit food is extremely tempting.
    Shifted 7lbs since the weekend mind, so must be doing something right, but it's bl**dy hard work.

Enjoy your pork dripping HB and I'll pray that it doesn't prematurely kill you :)
  • brocolli, cabbage or especially spinach don’t particularly smell nice, or taste great either, that’s two of our inbuilt senses saying ‘not great’ but get a bit crusty bread and some real beef dripping, wow that really does taste great – why is that?

enjoy the pork dripping HB, in moderation of course
    7lbs in a week CB, sure that's not water (hydration) loss
  • 7lbs in a week CB, sure that's not water (hydration) loss

No.
    More likely working every hour going while eating a calorie restricted diet.

Obviously, now I'm a single bloke w*nking profusely also helps :lol:
  • pinno
    hopkinb said:

Make a home made Pork Pie with it. Do it do it do it...
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I did make a home made pork pie once. It was bloody lovely. Took ages though.
  • pinno
    We used to sell home made Pork Pies at Keynsham stores way back in Naam, Cheltenham.
  • Many, many years ago I had a temporary job making pork pies at the Pork Farms factory in Nottingham.
    I think it was after that that I decided to turn vegetarian as the smell of the stuff was nauseating.
    Apart from working on a turkey farm probably the worse job I've ever endured.
    Makes you appreciate doing something you really enjoy so much more.
  • MattFalle
    MF had a job at the sausage roll factory outside Crewe for a while. It was utterly, totally, completely shyyt.

Hasn't touched one in 25 years. Vile horrible things.

• Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

MF had a job at the sausage roll factory outside Crewe for a while. It was utterly, totally, completely shyyt.

Hasn't touched one in 25 years. Vile horrible things.

Not even Greggs?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    Greggs used to do utterly wonderful beef, cheese and jalapeno rolls that rocked. TDKBOMB of food.

Could eat them all day.

Sausage rolls? He'd rather beat himself with a steak tenderiser.

#TDKBOMB.sigh.Weloveher
  • I used to own a "massage parlour" in Crewe, just down the road from the train station.

One of the owners of another parlour on the same road sent Manchester gangsters round as we were taking all the trade, as we were bringing in better girls from outside of the area as the internet was taking off and recruitment got easier, threatening to put me in a body bag.

Having had a cleaning company on the Isle of Man that had attracted the attention of Liverpool gangsters who thought I was taking their profits there too, I opted to leave pronto.

Once bitten, twice shy :lol:
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

We used to sell home made Pork Pies at Keynsham stores way back in Naam, Cheltenham.

Naam, man. No one forgets the Naam

#helicopternoises
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    seano once got lost in Melton Mowbray. True story
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    edited December 2020
    MattFalle said:

Greggs used to do utterly wonderful beef, cheese and jalapeno rolls that rocked. TDKBOMB of food.

Could eat them all day.

Sausage rolls? He'd rather beat himself with a steak tenderiser.

#TDKBOMB.sigh.Weloveher

£1 each - you can't go wrong. They even do vegan sausage rolls if you like hugging trees and that sort of thing.
  • Stevo_666
    Cargobike said:

I used to own a "massage parlour" in Crewe, just down the road from the train station.

One of the owners of another parlour on the same road sent Manchester gangsters round as we were taking all the trade, as we were bringing in better girls from outside of the area as the internet was taking off and recruitment got easier, threatening to put me in a body bag.

Having had a cleaning company on the Isle of Man that had attracted the attention of Liverpool gangsters who thought I was taking their profits there too, I opted to leave pronto.

Once bitten, twice shy :lol:

Is there some connection to sausage rolls there CB?
  • Stevo_666 said:

No, but there is to Crewe, which MF mentioned.
    Seemed like an apt opportunity to mention my dirty, sordid past, that's all.
    I wouldn't want to get to 40,000 posts before these kind of revelations come out, you all might think I'm some kind of weirdo :lol:
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Cargobike said:

Stevo_666 said:

No, but there is to Crewe, which MF mentioned.
    Seemed like an apt opportunity to mention my dirty, sordid past, that's all.
    I wouldn't want to get to 40,000 posts before these kind of revelations come out, you all might think I'm some kind of weirdo :lol:
    How the hell do you run a cargo bike delivery service, especially this time of year, but still have any energy left to be posting on t'internet in the v early hours? I work physically, and after a long day I am so fuxxed that early night and sleep is the only thing.

You're not on those dodgy 'roids or that are you? Dan Roan will be after you coz cyclist innit 😊
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    oxoman said:

I reckon CB has one of the devils tools, an ebike.

Saw a cargo ebike in Kingston today, it was 'kin huge and looked like it was made from girders. Needed a motor did that.