tuesday the hour's getting late, hey

'ning

foggycold again, perhaps still soggy roads

ride, coffee, exploit dire state of gbp, wfh, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, foggy, cold, damp, not a lot to do today , might get the decorations down, but it will be another week before they go up, cycling later.
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Was planning on running this morning but enjoyed a relative lie in so just a walk with the hounds.

Work stuff and really need to try and get a break to put a new tube into the singlespeed ready for tonight’s ride
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Hola

As per yesterday, exactly the same.

#pluscachange
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning
    Lie in, ish. Forecast is looking awful for later.
    Waiting for a van load of frozen food to arrive between 8:33 and 9:33.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    A day of wfh, I think the heating will have to stay on as it's rather chilly. I should go for a run but I really don't fancy going outside in the cold distance. I might try to ride a bike instead as long as the wind doesn't begin to howl.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Morning folks,
    A day of wfh, I think the heating will have to stay on as it's rather chilly. I should go for a run but I really don't fancy going outside in the cold distance. I might try to ride a bike instead as long as the wind doesn't begin to howl.
    Onwards and upwards...

My gas meter is still broken and it might be a couple of months before they can send someone to fix it 😃
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    seanoconn said:

Morning folks,
    Onwards and upwards...

My gas meter is still broken and it might be a couple of months before they can send someone to fix it 😃

And then you won't be in... oh well. :smile:
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • seanoconn
    Ben6899 said:

seanoconn said:

Morning folks,
    Onwards and upwards...

There must be a way to drag this out till summer 😂
  • thistle_
    Ben6899 said:

seanoconn said:

Morning folks,
    Onwards and upwards...

Can't help thinking it will be like this when they come to fix it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6U2o1MdY5s

• thistle_
    That reminds me, EON used to constantly ring up and write to me saying that they wanted me to have smart meters which I politely declined. It started off quite innocently as we're offering everyone smart meters to meet gov targets but escalated to we need to replace your old gas meter because it's dangerous (the smallprint said getting it replaced was optional).
    I got someone local to test it when they did some work and they said there's nothing wrong with it. Current energy supplier don't seem to think it's dangerous either.
  • seanoconn

Ben6899 said:

seanoconn said:

Morning folks,
    Onwards and upwards...

Watched for the first time in 20 years with the boys recently. The casual violence, slapstick and toilet jokes are right up their street 😂
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    seanoconn said:

Ben6899 said:

seanoconn said:

Morning folks,
    Onwards and upwards...

Watched for the first time in 20 years with the boys recently. The casual violence, slapstick and toilet jokes are right up their street 😂
    Never mind the kids, it's right up my street. Much watch some again soon.

Sitting in the office, still mostly empty so have spread out and grabbed a nice window seat as usual. Just scoffed a Cornish pasty to fill up after pedalling in the cold and gloom.

Today is also my mini Friday - got tomorrow off as Stropteen is coming back from uni and we're collecting her from Euston.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Ben6899 said:

seanoconn said:

Morning folks,
    Onwards and upwards...

Today is also my mini Friday - got tomorrow off as Stropteen is coming back from uni and we're collecting her from Euston.
    Are you going to put her in a separate cab and make her sleep in the shed for a fortnight :D
    Not picking the lad up until the 18th as he still has loads on, nothing to do with the girlfriend being up there of course.
  • Day of stuff in town, appointments with physio etc. Tried to get a bank to exchange a stack of foreign currency I have leftover from work trips all over the place... seems nobody wants actual cash any more.

Still windy and cool. Humph.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    What a jolly run around has been had already.
    School - -. heating engineers to pick up key - - > bump into plasterer and arrange viewing of job - - > get key, look at leaky sink plug type - -> plasterer turns up, looks at job - - . go to Window bloke to see about seals - - > not in - - > go to plumb centre to buy plug unit - - > go to service people doing porker#2 as they were going to put Comma oil in and I ordered Mobil 1 yesterday - - > go speak to mechanic to do other jobs prior to MOT as service centre is fully booked and I don't have a ramp - - > Mechanic is on phone to HMRC... (come back later) - - > go back to fix plug - - > go see if mechanic is off the phone (yep), arrange date - - > pick up bags of kindling in a far away place ...
    Now to chase up Window bloke. He won't be on the golf course as it's blowing a hooley and that sort of thing upsets one's handicap., so I should nail him somewhere.
    I know where he lives. If he leaves early when it's dark, he won't see the grab adhesive I will put on his front seat.
    Then I know he will be stuck in his van somewhere between home and his yard. That'll hold him captive for long enough for me to intercept him.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Ben6899 said:

seanoconn said:

Morning folks,
    Onwards and upwards...

Are you going to put her in a separate cab and make her sleep in the shed for a fortnight :D
    Not picking the lad up until the 18th as he still has loads on, nothing to do with the girlfriend being up there of course.
    She can go in the boot, that's a good 2m away :) Pretty sure they all got a dose back in October when she had to isolate for 2 weeks with the other 15 on her corridor, 10 of which tested +ve or had symptoms.

She's carrying on lectures up to the 18th and they've just deferred some practicals. Lucky we don't have to fight over the study.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Ben6899 said:

seanoconn said:

Morning folks,
    Onwards and upwards...

Bottom is a work of genius. I note that it is on Netflix! Richie Rich and Eddie Hitler are such gloriously unlikeable characters, and the slapstick is first rate.

• Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Ben6899 said:

seanoconn said:

Morning folks,
    Onwards and upwards...

Bottom is a work of genius. I note that it is on Netflix! Richie Rich and Eddie Hitler are such gloriously unlikeable characters, and the slapstick is first rate.

Very true, even though the characters are pretty much the same as 'Filthy, Rich and Catflap' which came before it (and worth a watch - the episode where Richie gets blackmailed by the Nolan Sisters is comedy gold).
  • hopkinb
    Stevo_666 said:

'Filthy, Rich and Catflap'

I remember watching this in the 80's, will see if I can find that anywhere!

• seanoconn
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Ben6899 said:

seanoconn said:

Morning folks,
    Onwards and upwards...

Speaking of bottoms, not one comment on wifeys yet and I posted it ages ago. What the hell has happened to this place! 😕
  • veronese68
    seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Ben6899 said:

seanoconn said:

Morning folks,
    Onwards and upwards...

Speaking of bottoms, not one comment on wifeys yet and I posted it ages ago. What the hell has happened to this place! 😕
    I just gave it a like if that helps.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Wood burner set up this morning as MrsHD works at home, tea consumed, hot tub delivery sorted.

Just need to create access through the back fence now...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    sungod said:
    Only 4.1 on tripadvisor 😃
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Ben6899 said:

seanoconn said:

Morning folks,
    Onwards and upwards...

I just gave it a like if that helps.
    Keep your thumb away from her butt 😤
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

'Filthy, Rich and Catflap'

I remember watching this in the 80's, will see if I can find that anywhere!

Dead easy - all the episodes are up on YouTube. The Nolans episode is called 'game show'. Just having a little watch while I'm eating my sarnies :smiley:
  • hopkinb
    sungod said:
    That is tremendous!

• hopkinb
    seanoconn said:

I missed that. Save me the effort of trawling and re-post?

• veronese68
    hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

Their stars are under the Christams tree. At least I'll recognise her if I bump into her when out and about even with the wearing of face masks. Just keep my thumbs to myself
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

Save you the effort!? Pinno made me sit through 10 mins of Lego ball popping the other day (which I’ll never get back) just to see a Lego figure with my name on.

Lazy git