G Down

Looks like G crashed on some ice this morning.
Dislocated shoulder rather than a break though.
https://facebook.com/photo?fbid=219460299545565&set=pcb.219460366212225

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    edited December 2020
    Evergreen thread...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Crashing out of GTs with panache takes a lot of practice.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Surprised they let him out with icy roads considering his knack for, well, falling off.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,312
    Poor bloke. Was probably trying to get on it for next season. Feel for him. I don't want my own riding season to be over either for the next 2-3 months.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,225
    ddraver said:

Evergreen thread...

Came on to say this.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,834
    edited December 2020
    I'll forgive the fall and injury if he weent over doing power meter intervals on a mountain bike with wide, multi hundred ice spike tyres...

Anything else is just careless planning in the pro off season! 🥶🤔
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Hey Now - London Grammar - ARTY remix
  • MattFalle
    Why was he cutting around on icy roads having just recovered from #pelvis anyway?

Surely they could have sent him somewhere warm (isolate for required time and use static trainer to not lose fitness) so the man who is well known for falling off has less chance of falling off?
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,873
    MattFalle said:

Why was he cutting around on icy roads having just recovered from #pelvis anyway?

Surely they could have sent him somewhere warm (isolate for required time and use static trainer to not lose fitness) so the man who is well known for falling off has less chance of falling off?

He's been in Monaco the last number of weeks. Possibly has just returned to Wales ahead of Christmas and wanted to catch up with some mates.
    He could still be in France.
    Who knows?
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439
    He went to hospital in Monaco. I don't know the weather patterns there, but speculate that he must have been at a pretty high altitude to come across ice?
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,873
    gsk82 said:

He went to hospital in Monaco. I don't know the weather patterns there, but speculate that he must have been at a pretty high altitude to come across ice?

Doubt that. Unlikely to have been right on the coast, but you wouldn't need to go very far inland (or up) to encouter sub-zero temperatures at this time of year.
  • MattFalle
    I suppose it all depends on how many days of the year he has spent in the UK this year.