saturday all is entropy

'ning

cold, colder, coldest

ride, cafe-based coffee, thaw, laze, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, not only does it look cold it is cold, dog walked, just waiting for my porridge to cool down, cycling this morning , taking it easy this afternoon.
    Have a good weekend
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

Morning, not only does it look cold it is cold

Sane here, forecast is for heavy snow shortly but we'll see about that.
    Not much planned for the rest of the day, might clean another bike so it's ready for when it's raining less.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Blimmin heck its cold. Sacked of riding as I don't want to get dead disease on icey roads so drinking coffee and watching the simply magnificent Kari Byrne.

Will finish off rebuilding the divine Soloist in a bit - need to get b/b threads run through by a friend but apart from that its simples. It looks freakin' cool so far, perfect winter bike.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Damp out there. Slow start, with a few jobs, then haircuts, etc
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    brr, brr and thrice brr, but it's dry and the sun eventually rose high enough to shed some warmth upon the frozen land

more coffee, perhaps augmented with toast
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196

Sane here...

Don't kid yourself.

There's a glowy bright thing in the sky and the clouds are blue.
    So none of this early pedalling malarkey. Will go soon now the glowy thing has burnt off a bit of moisture and possibly ice.
    Colnago fettled, lubed up and champing at the... err, front wheel?

Kari Byrne or Kari Byron?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Postman should have delivered our Christmas tree lights this morning.

He didn't.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Slow start. Out for a drive up the coast for fish and chips for birthday lunch (mine). Home just as the rain set in for a few hours. Quality green curry chicken for dinner.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • lincolndave
    edited December 2020

Sane here...
    Not sure i am though, a cold ride ,east wind, ice on the wet roads , I was very careful to say the least , anyway the sun shone at 10 o’clockish, started to warm up a bit , now at home pleased I decided to go out. I only saw 3 other cyclists , I probably 25 + on a Saturday.

• lincolndave

Slow start. Out for a drive up the coast for fish and chips for birthday lunch (mine). Home just as the rain set in for a few hours. Quality green curry chicken for dinner.

Happy Birthday Wheelspinner, hope you enjoyed you fish and chips

• oxoman said:

Happy birthday Wheelspinner. I'm assuming basa or hoki with your chips.

Bzzzt. :-)

Blue-eye trevalla, straight off the fishing boats.

Hoki is also readily available here (aka Blue Grenadier).

Basa is imported only, which means I ain't touching it!
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Actually went for a ride this morning, first time since I moved. Cold, but nice. Cliche to go up box hill, but it's close now and I didn't go up the zig zag, but up from Headly.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    Happy birthday W/S!

The Soloust. One word. Pwwwwwoooaaaarrrr. The Kari of the bike world.

Just need to head into the lift to get an Ultegra groupset to fit then the long wait for my cable clip things to arrive from the US.

Oh - and postie deluvered my new Sisters of Mercy t-shirt

#joy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    edited December 2020
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, just had a coffee and about to put a few lights in the bushes out front. Taking the EPO to B&Q later, I know how to show a girl a good time.
    The MFs wil be in the temple of love today then.
    Drinks with neighbours whilst standing in the road later, long johns may be needed 😳
    Oh, nearly forgot. Happy birthday Spinner
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Happy birthday Spinner.

Have been out with hounds and now headed into town and to my recently reopened local bacon, egg and sausage emporium for lunch, drop off a load of stuff at the charity shop, haircut then supplies. Footy watching and cider beckon later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stunning ride in glorious sunshine on a beautiful sublime shiny Italian relic.
    I saw 1 other 'cyclist' (on a sit up and beg).
    4 Walkerists
    500+ sheep*
    200+ cattle*
    6 Horses in fields - no riderists
    4 Cars
    2 Quads and
    1 Tractor.

*The numbers are sheer speculation.

Must do some online shopping for xmas whilst the girls are out. Peace. Coffee. Biscuits. Woodburner.

Felicitations WS.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Happy Birthday Wheelspinner! 🥳🥳🥳
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    pinno said:

Sane here...

Don't kid yourself.
    :smile:
    Got conned into going to the shops again this morning.
    Went to the big car tuning place that does a sideline in bicycles and got some new jockey wheels on the way back which have now been fitted. Shifting seems a bit better now and hopefully everything's a bit less noisy.
  • MattFalle
    Sitting in a car park. Went to try and buy a Christmas tree but snotty bloke in the car waved THE MIGHTY ANACONDA away so will go to Edwyn's Forestry and Christmas Joy Pop Up Shop instead

#edwynwillsupplythegoods
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Happy birthday (yesterday?) Mr Tasmanian devil.

Late day today. Late up, late start, late out on the bike, didn't get organised until the afternoon, stayed out a bit longer than planned and late back in fading light, just had a warming bowl of deep soup as late lunch. Sunny but nippy out, just as well wrapped up warm.

Couple new link routes tried out, bridleways and both v damn muddy. No pics; fail. One filthy bike part cleaned, give it a proper fettle tomorrow in the daylight. I do like that I grabbed the chance of a new graveller back in September, really enjoying it, a good investment.
  • pinno
    That deep soup is better than shallow soup.

I does the fettling in the kitchen. :)
  • Afternoon all. Took the DHLs to the library to swap their books overready for the net lockdown. Then Lego. Then stuff.
  • MattFalle
    Lego? Cool. Coolcoolcool.

#frickin'cool
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Lights turned up. Tree is up.

Happy Birthday, @Wheelspinner!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    pinno said:

That deep soup is better than shallow soup.

I does the fettling in the kitchen. :)

That 'deep soup' term has become a family trope. Came from a colleague in my first post education job, a loooong time ago, who used it to describe 'proper' soups, with chunky veges, lots of bits, thick and deep, dip your spoon in and see what surfaces, rather than thin blended blands.
  • pinno
    I thought they made Gruel in Derbyshire.
  • pinno said:

I thought they made Gruel in Derbyshire.

If mrs DHL makes anything than needs a ladle its "gruel and slurry" for tea kids.
  • pinno
    But don't eat Scotch broth. It's the blandest, foulest, runniest, tasteless stuff you could ever ascribe as 'soup'.
    But there is something worse than Scotch Broth. They are the epitome of frugality, of Calvinism, of Penance served on a plate and that's Oatcakes.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    oxoman said:

Pinno Oatcakes are like black pudding and Haggis in our house and there banned. Foul heathen food, as is liver, kidney etc.

Black pudding and haggis are delicious.

Liver can be good if spanking fresh and cooked well, kidneys are ok in a steak and kidney pudding.

Oatcakes. Fine with a big wedge of soft cheese or Stilton.