friday has taken over thirteen billion years to get here and there's a bit missing

'ning

cold and soggy, again

perhaps ride, sip coffee, nibble biccies, wfh, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Soggy
    Should still be asleep but not
    Might fit new chain at lunchtime and try some zwift later
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cold damp quite miserable really, dog walked and fed, the kettles on should I have tea or coffee, no cycling today.
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Walk hounds followed by a run, then work stuff and then home bar.

Current wife described being out last night perfectly - it was like valentines nights with lots of couples having forced conversations
  • tlw1

Current wife described being out last night perfectly - it was like valentines nights with lots of couples having forced conversations
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited December 2020
    Hola.

Blimmin' 'eck its cold. Blimmin' freezing. Currently in the gym in trackies, jumper, big North Face jacket and hat trying to summon up motivation to do anything.

A day of procrastination follows.

Sooooo cold.

#cold.coldcoldcold
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • It's raining and cold outside, 0°C in fact. I reckon I'll not be in a hurry to get out today, quite happy sat here drinking hot tea right now

Maybe get onto the rollers later, the roads out there look busy and uninviting
  • Cold?
    Give over.
    I'm still rocking a pair of baggy shorts today, so it can't be that bad :wink:
    Forecasted sleet and snow hasn't materialised, must have all fallen on Scotland instead.
    Wfw, then hopefully a night of passion with the OH if we can both stay awake. Highly doubtful :lol:
  • MattFalle
    Still procrastinating listening to a tad of 90s gangsta rap

#yoyoyo
  • Killing Joke on loop for me today.
    I'll work through the albums before moving onto live performances to keep me motivated.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Lovely, lovely sleet. Great innit.

Eat porridge, light wood burner, feed birds, feed other birds, school run. etc

*Some of the above might have already been done.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

It was that dull, you tried to lighten it all up with doubling up posts.
  • "There's snow on them there 'ills!" said I from the bathroom this morning which overlooks the Pennines.
    And I'm supposed to be going on a trail run tomorrow...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

I thought his second post sounded familiar.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Has anyone seen my fricking door keys?
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, bit of snow floating round in the air this morning, bloody freezing though. More wood on the fire today, be nice if we do get some snow nearer the end of the month, not now though.

Sean, have you checked the fridge?
  • seanoconn
    I’ll check the fridge later
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Sitting waiting for the Ocado man to arrive. Looking at gloomy skies.
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Was a highly predictable post
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Was a highly predictable post
    True to BB form then.
  • MattFalle
    Cargobike said:

Killing Joke on loop for me today.
    I'll work through the albums before moving onto live performances to keep me motivated.

Moved on to Vanessa Paradis - utter trash but it annoys the people in the office next to us which is 99% of the job done

#turnthatdown
    #no

• pinno
    edited December 2020
    seanoconn said:

It's the little people. Call them what you like - Leprechauns, Elf's, Pixies. They hide your keys, pinch money out of your wallet, drink your Vodka and steal stuff out of the fridge.
    When you loose your keys or something inexplicable happens, say "Right little people, the game is up - I don't want to play it anymore. if I catch one of you, you little f****rs, you'll get one hell of a hiding. "

...and then, your keys magically appear. Do not knock it before you try it.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

It's the little people. Call them what you like - Leprechauns, Elf's, Pixies. They hide your keys, pinch money out of your wallet, drink your Vodka and steal stuff out of the fridge.
    When you loose your keys or something inexplicable happens, say "Right little people, the game is up - I don't want to play it anymore. if I catch one of you, you little f****rs, you'll get one hell of a hiding. "

It's me that's drinking your vodka and nicking the money. The other stuff is probably the little people.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Worth a go, cheers 👍
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    'ning.

It's bloody freezing here!

Cake Stop is poisonous at the moment - the Brexit and Coronavirus threads are bringing out the worst in people and I still can't believe that anyone replies to Coopster. He's the kind of bloke who, if you were in the pub, you'd bang out and get back to chatting with your mates.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

It's me that's drinking your vodka and nicking the money. The other stuff is probably the little people.
    Litre of Vodka reduced in Sainsbury’s this morning. I’m on the Russian diet before Christmas, Vodka and protein only.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    The delights of wfh today, this means much tea has been consumed but only one coffeee so far. Should go for a run shortly, but it's cold and miserable so I might not bother. Might just do some of my wrist exercises instead as that's bothering me today, nothing too strenuous. Currently listening to Gil Scott Heron, apparently the revolution will not be televised. It'll be live streamed by a million idiots with mobile phones instead.
    Seano, I have a tip for you to help with finding the missing keys. Tale told to me by a mate on Wednesday evening. He works with this old Singaporean guy and one day saw him walking through the office backwards. So he asked him what he was up to and the guy said it's a tradition that if you've forgotten what you were supposed to be doing or where you just put something you just rewind and go back through the motions until you remember or find the thing. Hope that helps, but try not to fall over anythnig whilst walking about backwards.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Litre of Vodka reduced in Sainsbury’s this morning. I’m on the Russian diet before Christmas, Vodka and protein only.
    For some reason i read that as "litre of vodka consumed in Sainsbury's this morning."

That would have been interesting to see.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • seanoconn

Morning folks,
    The delights of wfh today, this means much tea has been consumed but only one coffeee so far. Should go for a run shortly, but it's cold and miserable so I might not bother. Might just do some of my wrist exercises instead as that's bothering me today, nothing too strenuous. Currently listening to Gil Scott Heron, apparently the revolution will not be televised. It'll be live streamed by a million idiots with mobile phones instead.
    Seano, I have a tip for you to help with finding the missing keys. Tale told to me by a mate on Wednesday evening. He works with this old Singaporean guy and one day saw him walking through the office backwards. So he asked him what he was up to and the guy said it's a tradition that if you've forgotten what you were supposed to be doing or where you just put something you just rewind and go back through the motions until you remember or find the thing. Hope that helps, but try not to fall over anythnig whilst walking about backwards.

I shall enter my mind palace and retrace my steps.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    On second cup of office coffee plus microwave shepherds pie for lunch - wahey. Was a bit fresh pedalling in this morning and the sun had gone totally awol so made it feel really early. Got a couple of meetings cancelled so the afternoon diary is looking much better than yesterday.

Must deal with the HR employee engagement survey (not the marriage type), although not too much to do. Managed to get really good scores by telling the minions that the best way to avoid having to do it next year was to give really good scores this time. And it bloody worked :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    edited December 2020
    seanoconn said:

Morning folks,

I shall enter my mind palace and retrace my steps.

Utter bollox.
    That was VN leading you astray. It's the little people. Perhaps he is connected to them in some way or they have something hanging over him.