The reoccurring irritation known as Thursday

Placed between hump day and poets day. It's just rubbish.

Anyway I have no idea why I'm still awake going to find some heavy books to drop on my head see if that helps.

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    'ning

cold and soggy

may skip ride, definite coffee, wfh, bubbly, because a bubbly a day is a bubbly a day
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cold and dry not sure how long for though, cycling early , a trip to screwfix later a new battery drill required they have a deal on 5 ah dewalt.
    Have a good day
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Well that’s put pay to the cycling rain with a mixture of sleet by the looks of it, started about 10 minutes ago just as I was checking the bike over
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning
    Only got up half an hour ago, at least that means I got a reasonable amount of sleep unlike Step83.
    No riding planned today, usual wet weather has resumed.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao ragazzi

Utterly honking, see, out there. Wind, rain, cold. Currently in the gym deciding what mega music to play.

Today will be chilllllled I feel.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Horrible out there...... might skip tonight’s ride, though broken wife in as she is expecting me to go out
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Morning. Damp and mild again, after a week of beautiful cold and dry.

WFH, coffee, knock off early? Tree goes up tonight, all being well.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Wife turned off the alarm clock instead of snooze. Mad dash to feed water and provision mini DHLs. Raining and freezing cold so dropped at school. WFH so may grab a cup of tea and what not..
  • Ben6899 said:

Put it up now, no time to waste...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    edited December 2020
    Ours will go up on the 18th and then the girls will decorate it.

Brrr chilly. No sleet or snow but I think we're between clouds.
    ...and whilst it is like that, I shall be pruning... cutting... trimming... tidying...

Let's hope it chucks it down :)
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Ben6899
    edited December 2020

Ben6899 said:

Put it up now, no time to waste...
    Ben6899 said:

WFH*, coffee, knock off early? Tree goes up tonight, all being well.

And lights are being delivered by DHL (not our DHL) today.

*serious resourcing issues here - literally not enough time in the day to do what needs to be done. Exhausted.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Trying to work from home whilst we have someone in fitting new wood floors in the kitchen/diner and its noisy. Plus wife and offspring are indoors as its pissing it down.

Need to get my office in the man-cave sorted out asap.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    pinno said:

Ours will go up on the 18th

Solidarity comrade 👍 I have several neighbours who seem to be competing in the how many lights can I stick all over my house? challenge. 2 of them, directly across from each other, have the lights on in the mornings 😳

Slow start after yesterday's heavy work day, dismal wet outside. To venture to the gym via a haircut, both necessary. Followed by hiding from the weather.
  • MattFalle
    elbowloh said:

Office will never work in a cave mate - generally the wrong shape, too damp and a nightmare to fit any ‘leccy. The internet signal just will be rubbish as well.

If you don’t have room in the house we suggest a shed or chalet (if you’re posh) may be the better option.

• MattFalle
    As an aside, it it just us or does the new Defender look like a Kia Soul that’s been enlarged on the photocopier.
  • elbowloh
    MattFalle said:

elbowloh said:

Office will never work in a cave mate - generally the wrong shape, too damp and a nightmare to fit any ‘leccy. The internet signal just will be rubbish as well.

If you don’t have room in the house we suggest a shed or chalet (if you’re posh) may be the better option.

where's the facepalm smiley?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • orraloon said:

pinno said:

Ours will go up on the 18th

Solidarity comrade 👍 I have several neighbours who seem to be competing in the how many lights can I stick all over my house? challenge. 2 of them, directly across from each other, have the lights on in the mornings 😳

Slow start after yesterday's heavy work day, dismal wet outside. To venture to the gym via a haircut, both necessary. Followed by hiding from the weather.
    We have our lights on in the morning too; It makes a bit more pleasant for those walking to school or work in dark. Bring cheer to one and all!
  • MattFalle said:

As an aside, it it just us or does the new Defender look like a Kia Soul that’s been enlarged on the photocopier.

which one, who does he play for?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    MattFalle said:

Just googled it. Its like a boxy range rover. I just ordered a mahoosive XC90 plug in hybrid, despite negative rumblings from others here. Will get that in late January.

Sitting watching the rain fall and catching up on some work.
  • elbowloh
    hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

Just googled it. Its like a boxy range rover. I just ordered a mahoosive XC90 plug in hybrid, despite negative rumblings from others here. Will get that in late January.

I take it you have somewhere to charge it?

I had a plugin BMW 3 series and i didn' t have anywhere to charge at home, only at work and that made it not very worthwhile at all!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Ben6899
    hopkinb said:

I just ordered a mahoosive XC90 plug in hybrid, despite negative rumblings from others here

(they're nice cars)
    Ben

• MattFalle

MattFalle said:

which one, who does he play for?
    probably Manure judging from their result last night....
  • hopkinb
    There are 8 public charging points within 500 m of the house. My neighbour also has a dropped kerb and "drive", and no car, so will be able to charge there too.
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

did you get it in black with black windows and wides and spinners so you can go all gangsta?
  • MattFalle
    as an aside, currently sitting in a car park having a coffee and dog burger after having having to travel to someone's house to shout at them.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    cafe done, smidge of wfh, due to attack of extreme laziness called personal shopper to get me some trousers, it's still only thursday

rain continues, a constitutional cafe stroll for something iberian involving garlic is called for
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Ben6899
    sungod said:

cafe done, smidge of wfh, due to attack of extreme laziness called personal shopper to get me some trousers, it's still only thursday

rain continues, a constitutional cafe stroll for something iberian involving garlic is called for

I find San Miguel is best without any accoutrements.
    Ben

• hopkinb
    sungod said:

The highlighted part - how does that conversation go?

"Jeeves?"

"Yes sir?"

"Fetch me some new bags, for I find I am afflicted with ennui"

"Sir?"

"You have my measurements, chop chop, I shall expect them after luncheon"

"Yes sir, of course sir".

• hopkinb
    MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

did you get it in black with black windows and wides and spinners so you can go all gangsta?
    It's certainly black. Pretty sure no volvo can ever be called gangster though.
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

It's certainly black. Pretty sure no volvo can ever be called gangster though.
    its all about da gangsta attitude in da hood.

you could set a new trend amongst thos less salubrious than you