wednesday for the umpteenth time

'ning

colder, darker

ride, coffee, sit in cafe and have toast and more coffee, wfh, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Ayup!
    Another night owl here too. Been hard at it since 02-30hrs, batch cooking some decent , healthy food as I seem to have fallen into the habit of eating processed crap over the last few weeks and my waistline is starting to show the results in ways I'd rather it didn't.
    So, buttenut squah, chickpea and spinach curry made, along with plenty of brown rice, daal, roasted root vegetables and enough salad to feed an army.
    Off to pick OH up from her second of 4 night shifts, we're like ships in the night presently catching fleeting moments together as we work all the hours going, then return to work myself for another day of delivering peoples Christmas tat. Musn't grumble, insanely busy this week, so the profits will be good once I'm paid the other side of the New Year.
    Possibilities of snow later in the week could scupper everything though. It'll be fun watching the traffic come to a standstill for less than an inch of snow.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cold again, cycling later when it warms up :smiley: need to fetch some compost for the winter pots, Lincolnshire tier 3 as from midnight not sure what the difference will be if any
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Lazy morning, WFH, bike ride at lunchtime in the sunshine if all goes to plan.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Been for a nice walk with hounds and then a run for a change.

WFH and probably road bike later though the wife was grumpy about me cycling apparently every night
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

WFH and probably road bike later though the wife was grumpy about me cycling apparently every night

What's happened to the random tandem?
  • Howling wind overnight and most of today.

Visit to osteopath. Finished new work table in shed, from recycled steel frame and formply.

Also finished rebuilding old steel MTB frame, took for a spin. Rides fine, but -probably another one that won’t get much use...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170

tlw1 said:

Probably grumpy about having to join him.

Morning, cold an dull in Heckshire can hear some crows arguing over something.
    Need to walk the woof then endure IKEA for some totally unknown reason. Probably a spatula is required and my take now prisoners driving is required.

Anyway dog won't walk herself, well probably would but you get what I mean.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao ragazzi

Blimey its cold. In the gym at work where its even colder.

Been invited out for brekkie with the head shed so mugged that one off.

Did I mention its cold? #brrrrr
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • thistle_
    Sounds like it's grim down south.
    It's mild here (again), although looks like there's some rain heading this way.
  • tlw1

tlw1 said:

Think she only likes using it on summer days. So talking to a mate about using it at our local TT, would be funny to turn up on basically a MTB
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,156
    edited December 2020
    Continuing my tradition of only getting up when its light (winter only) :)

Sounds like TLW needs a 'Manslater'

https://youtu.be/O3qwGaUxsww
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    edited December 2020

Sounds like it's grim down south.
    It's mild here (again), although looks like there's some rain heading this way.

Mate, amico, dude.

Its not cold. Its friggin' freezing.

#escapetowarmerclimes
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

Think she only likes using it on summer days. So talking to a mate about using it at our local TT, would be funny to turn up on basically a MTB
    Shame this has been cancelled: https://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/race-details/19591

The oz 2 up has a tandems category, not sure of the date next year.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Currently in a webex with half the globe. But for covid, I would have been in Tokyo. :|
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

LOL as I came back last night and they were all having dinner and the current wife said “thought you said you were going for a quick one” the eldest rugrat went “that’s your fault mum, you believed him”
  • I thought pubs were shut yesterday...

Anyway, my right hand man's wife has just had a positive CV test so that's me rushing about for the next two weeks...

Cargobike, can you courier me some of your curry please, I'll be eating at my desk for the foreseeable.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Brrr... should I stay or should I go...

Problem is, as soon as you light the woodburner, any pedalling notion soon goes out the window but I will brave it.
    (On the Colnago). Must eat more porridge.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

LOL as I came back last night and they were all having dinner and the current wife said “thought you said you were going for a quick one” the eldest rugrat went “that’s your fault mum, you believed him”
    :smiley:

You have a rugrat who is wise beyond his years. And extra credit to you for asking for forgiveness not permission.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Problem is, as soon as you light the woodburner, any pedalling notion soon goes out the window but I will brave it.
    (On the Colnago). Must eat more porridge.

Unfortunately The Clash never wrote a song called 'MTFU and get out there' ;)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    WFH today with a load of time lost to more training via Teams and then my laptop wouldn't connect to the system after that. Now it's connect I've got a huge case of cba. Going to try and get the EPO round the block later, still needs crutches but at least she gets a bit of air.
    Step, just don't do it. Claim the car is broken, if you have 2 cars they are both broken. Actually break them if you have to but why would you go to that place?
    Piña, shouldn't you be painting the shed?
    TLW has a rugrat that's a shitstirrer, never mind wise. Tell him he needs to show some solidarity if he wants you to support him on whatever his next endeavour is.
    MFs, burn something to keep warm.
    Should i do some work or make another cup of tea?
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    pinno said:

Did you enjoy your ride Pinno?
    It felt colder out today in a south west wind, it was north west yesterday but felt milder if that makes sense

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

Tea.

I'm another year older today. I'm not sure whether I'm officially "late 40's" now.
  • Stevo_666
    edited December 2020
    hopkinb said:

Tea.

I'm another year older today. I'm not sure whether I'm officially "late 40's" now.
    Neither are we, as we're not sure whether your age ends in a 6, a 7, an 8 or a 9. But happy birthday anyway, old chap.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    hopkinb said:

Tea.

Happy Birthday H³, I'm going to a pub later for a substantial meal so I shall raise a glass to your good health. I'm a couple of years off 50, unfortunately that doesn't constitute late 40s.
    I took the Mrs for a hobble round the block then made a cup of tea. It's lunchtime now by my reckoning.
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

Tea.

Happy birthday H3 - have one from all of the MFs.
  • tlw1
    Happy birthday H3
  • MattFalle
    Currently sitting in a car park listening to local BBC radio

#glamour
  • pinno

pinno said:

Did you enjoy your ride Pinno?
    It felt colder out today in a south west wind, it was north west yesterday but felt milder if that makes sense

Stiff North Westerly today. Yes, though stronger, it had less bite than yesterday.
    New paint job is plastered in mud :)

The shed.

I hate painting. I hate painting sheds and fences even more.
    So when I built it (12 x 8) and added a bike extension (8 x 4),(not for my bikes, no way) and a surplus wood store (12 x 4), I thought 'now i'll have to get some wood paint'... then I spotted the Ronseal water seal. A left over from PPP... and the 10L spray bottle...

I literally did the whole thing in 10 mins flat, if that.
    A bit expensive @ £40 for 5L and I use 2.5L per 'shot' but oh sooooo easy and oh soooo quick.
    I was waterproof for at least a week after too.

@H3: You're how old?!
  • MattFalle
    What happened with PPP in the end?
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

What happened with PPP in the end?

I lives in it I does.