Indoor Turbo Trainer advice

Hi all, its winter and as I live in a very small flat which limits where I can actually store the bike when its covered in mud, so I'm looking to get a simple foldaway trainer along these lines so I can actually remain fit for Spring and Summer and not have to learn how to go up the bloody great hill outside my flat from scratch again.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Manovella-Bike-Turbo-Trainer-Indoor-Exercise-Bike-Trainer-Magnetic-6-speed/124452766636?hash=item1cf9f683ac:g:FcgAAOSwDgtfuoZ6

I'm ok at general maintenance but would like to confirm this would actually fit something like a Carrera Vengeance 2015(ish?), I can't actually find many details about this model of trainer but it looks decent for the money. If not can anyone suggest alternatives?

Ta

Comments

• slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Have you considered the noise of a on wheel trainer? You can dampen the noise with carpet and mats

I’ve just googled your bike and knobblies would be a no to your question. Ideally but not essential is a specific turbo tyre.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • chiron
    chiron Posts: 2
    edited November 2020
    slowmart said:

Have you considered the noise of a on wheel trainer? You can dampen the noise with carpet and mats

I’ve just googled your bike and knobblies would be a no to your question. Ideally but not essential is a specific turbo tyre.

I've long replaced the stock tyres with much smoother ones, marathons I think.

Main concern is will I need to fit a different wheel or faff with axle
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    The marketing blurb on the link states a 26” wheel ( mtb ) is fine and there is a image of a specific quick release spindle so you should be fine
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu