sunday opened are the double doors of the horizon

'ning

long ride with coffees and pastry, elevenses shall be beaucoup de crêpes au citron
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, damp ,foggy ,tigger already walked, cycling early well 8 am ish, the bike really needs stripping and cleaning so might do that later
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,143
    Foggy
    Nothing else to report
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Eldest rugrats birthday so I assume I’m not off on a bike ride today
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed. Need to get out the house so the females of the species can deal with Christmas decorations. Pottering in the garage then off to see the old dear I think.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,453
    Lie in, then straight out with the hounds as usual. My home COVID test results came back negative, which is good. Wasn't as bad as I expected jamming a swab down my throat and up my nose. And might help keep Bromley out of tier 3...

Unfortunately admin beckons after lunch.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Batch cooking. Chilli con carne made from 2 kg of lovely chuck off a dry aged carcass. Home made stock, some of my brother's dried chillis that he grows in his greenhouse, lots of ground cumin and coriander. Enough for 14 when the beans are added.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,318
    Coriander in a Chilli? Heathen.

Good ride was had.
    Squirmabout scale: 4/10 although 8 to 9 in some bits.
    Fog: 5/10
    Wind: Greater than 0 but < 1.

@ VN: Get a skip ffs.

Must stretch and eat loads before cooking Irish stew later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    At the old dear's, a hundred skips would be needed. Just found one of his old prints whilst putting the bamboo bike stuff in the garage.

There are hundreds more, plus paintings and various other bits.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Got arris in gear finally, slug like start. Riverside pootling. Fog already forming, c-cold.
    Just before got the phone out for mandatory pic, a guy on a single skiff rowed past dressed in full Stig mode, the white romper suit, the full F1 style helmet ☺ Shouted to him about going for a speed record but too muffled to hear his reply.

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,143
    Halfords are doing free delivery, and have some deals on some stuff I want.
    Ordered a gift card through our work scheme to get 8% off, go to checkout and you can't use gift cards online.
    Suppose at least it means I will have to go out for a bike ride in the week to go and fetch it. Might even enjoy it.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    pinno said:

Coriander in a Chilli? Heathen.

Seed, not herb. Half the quantity of cumin.
  • Nice morning for it.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,318
    ^ Looks beautiful.
    What's the height of the hills in the background?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • The big lump at the left is Mt Wellington, peaks at just over 4,000 feet.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS