'ning

coffee, hospital for another blood letting in the cause of science, webexes
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    No pedal today SG?
    Thinking about going for a ride, but struggling to figure out a route.

WFH then undecided later.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, milder , just walked tigger he his now a sleep , no cycling today i have some plumbing to do.
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Rest day for me before the family kill me 😂

Work stuff then home bar.

MIL is selling her house and had nick hancock around viewing it yesterday, which is a bit odd
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432

'Ning
    No pedal today SG?
    Thinking about going for a ride, but struggling to figure out a route.

WFH then undecided later.

early at the hospital, probably have a constitutional stroll back alongside the thames

nippy out
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Sub zero start, foggy as well. Going to be a cold one, work thermals on for the first time this winter. Got a full day's work ahead, hope forecast is correct and the sun breaks through mid morning. At least outside in the fresh air, better than tapping a keypad...😉
  • thistle_
    oxoman said:

Morning. Dark and cool here.

Certainly was:

• Ayup!
    Day of rest and recuperation, sort of.
    Played taxi service for OH until the wee small hours, now off to the vets to cremate a dearly beloved pet that died suddenly yesterday. Back to OH's home after, for domestic goddess duties, the back garden looks like a bomb hit it, then inside to iron, hoover and sort through all the sh*te she buys. Whatever happened to reduce, reuse, re-cycle?
    Cook later, along with a drink or three and hopefully get some nookie if I'm very, very lucky, can stay awake!
    Finally, get an idea of how big the Black Friday sales have been and gird myself as Monday fast approaches and the sh*t really hits the fan.
  • #blackfridaymatters
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Cool here too. But dry.

Must get out and sort some stuff in the outside world.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Warm, and windy. New mattress delivered this morning, see if this one makes a difference. Into town this afternoon on taxi duty again, also picked up a few odds and ends. Trying to find in stock at an LBS a simple old square taper BB, but nooooooo... at least not in the spindle length I want.

Long walk before dinner, in the "breeze"... but saw the sum total of zero other people out there which was good.

Need to find my photography mojo again, dunno where I left it. Have a new camera lens incoming.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

Warm, and windy. New mattress delivered this morning, see if this one makes a difference. Into town this afternoon on taxi duty again, also picked up a few odds and ends. Trying to find in stock at an LBS a simple old square taper BB, but nooooooo... at least not in the spindle length I want.

Long walk before dinner, in the "breeze"... but saw the sum total of zero other people out there which was good.

Need to find my photography mojo again, dunno where I left it. Have a new camera lens incoming.

We got a new mattress on Wednesday. I'm beginning to think it might be too firm.

What kind of photography do you do? I do a bit of wildlife photography and have a blog of my wildlife watching trips with accompanying photos. I have no problem with the mojo for taking the photos, but I they're all now sitting unedited on my hard drives and certainly haven;t been on the blog for a while.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh said:

Warm, and windy. New mattress delivered this morning, see if this one makes a difference. Into town this afternoon on taxi duty again, also picked up a few odds and ends. Trying to find in stock at an LBS a simple old square taper BB, but nooooooo... at least not in the spindle length I want.

We got a new mattress on Wednesday. I'm beginning to think it might be too firm.

What kind of photography do you do? I do a bit of wildlife photography and have a blog of my wildlife watching trips with accompanying photos. I have no problem with the mojo for taking the photos, but I they're all now sitting unedited on my hard drives and certainly haven;t been on the blog for a while.
    Mattress shop dude reckons main mistake their customers make is buying one too firm.

I'm (mostly) landscape photography interested, but not done much for a couple of years now. Need to get out walking and riding in new places to find some inspiration. There's a (very old and grumpy) bloke along the road here who's a keen birdlife photographer. Often wanders about with what looks like a 400 f2.8 or even 600 f4 lens pointed at local sea eagles or whatever.

• thistle_

There's a (very old and grumpy) bloke along the road here who's a keen birdlife photographer. Often wanders about with what looks like a 400 f2.8 or even 600 f4 lens pointed at local sea eagles or whatever.

Or women playing volleyball on the beach?

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    tlw1 said:

MIL is selling her house and had nick hancock around viewing it yesterday, which is a bit odd

They think the viewing's all over...it is now. I'll get my coat.

Pedalled in to the office again and spent half the morning enjoying my next round of dental (wallet) torture. Now have to avoid chewing on one side of my mouth for 3 months, but even worse I have stay off the grog for a full 48 hours - I might crack on Saturday night. Onwards to work and dealing with idiots.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • There's a (very old and grumpy) bloke along the road here who's a keen birdlife photographer. Often wanders about with what looks like a 400 f2.8 or even 600 f4 lens pointed at local sea eagles or whatever.

Or women playing volleyball on the beach?

Not much of that goes on round here...

• That looks lovely WS!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

101 room detached house.

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

elbowloh said:

Mattress shop dude reckons main mistake their customers make is buying one too firm.

I'm (mostly) landscape photography interested, but not done much for a couple of years now. Need to get out walking and riding in new places to find some inspiration. There's a (very old and grumpy) bloke along the road here who's a keen birdlife photographer. Often wanders about with what looks like a 400 f2.8 or even 600 f4 lens pointed at local sea eagles or whatever.

I like a bit of landscape too. Got a budget Nikon 10-20mm lens for Christmas last year, but hadn't had much chance to play around with it this year.

I'd like to get a longer lens, but those big primes cost thousands!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Afternoon. Flex Friday so went out to Verulamium for a coffee.

Misty once out of the smoke. And bl00dy cold!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

It’s a nice house, but a significant step down from his last place (not sure what his current place looks like)

• orraloon
    Just about thawed out now, post long hot shower. Bleepin' freezing fog did not lift until about 2.30, man that got cold. And only low grey cloud then, not a glimmer of sunshine. If we follow the FatBo future reversal model to its logical end, if I nick a loaf of bread can I get transported to Tasmania? Please. I envy 'Spinner's lifestyle. And climate.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Another busy day of WFH. Managed to go for a run at lunchtime, stupidly went up the hill again. Obviously this is very minor stupidity compared to some. Hoping to relax a bit this weekend. Friday night is pizza night, obviously need beer too.
    Took a picture of my feet for Seano but he seems to have gone quiet again.
    #allfridaysmatter
  • thistle_

Took a picture of my feet for Seano but he seems to have gone quiet again.
    #allfridaysmatter

Maybe he banned himself for not posting enough pictures.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

It’s a nice house, but a significant step down from his last place (not sure what his current place looks like)

Don't think he's done much in the way of TV etc for a good ten years - might be cashing his chips in as he needs the money.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • That looks lovely WS!

It is a nice spot, and that’s about as busy as it gets. 🙂 It’s the morning walk place with the dog most days
  • orraloon said:

Just about thawed out now, post long hot shower. Bleepin' freezing fog did not lift until about 2.30, man that got cold. And only low grey cloud then, not a glimmer of sunshine. If we follow the FatBo future reversal model to its logical end, if I nick a loaf of bread can I get transported to Tasmania? Please. I envy 'Spinner's lifestyle. And climate.

Down where all those convicts were shipped is these days rather nice. Some fancy places getting built. Nice little weekender “pavilion” here...

• orraloon

orraloon said:

Down where all those convicts were shipped is these days rather nice. Some fancy places getting built. Nice little weekender “pavilion” here...

You utter utter barsteward 😊
  • orraloon said:

You utter utter barsteward 😊

I kind of wish sometimes that we’d taken the time and chance to build a place rather than just buy when we moved here a few years ago. Something like that picture would be my ideal.

If I ever win a lottery, I’ll bulldoze our house and start again. The location is fabulous, the house is comfortable and functional but just doesn’t tick the architectural boxes for me.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

orraloon said:

That's a helluva lot of glass.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    It’s a good job there isn’t many folk around or taking a dump might be a night time activity only.