DeVlaeminck
DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,719
edited November 2020 in The cake stop
Your favourite Christmas Tree ?
[Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]

Comments

• DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,719
    Think it's actually lodgepole not poll but anyway - you can't get them anywhere now.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I'd go with none as it's still November, might leave this for 10 days or so
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,598
    edited November 2020
    According to TV this morning there are actually fashion rules as to what you can put on your tree. 🤔😱🤬. I voted but sod 'em, do what you like!
    I can't be bothered with the hassle of live trees any more. Nicer though.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Mine is from Woolworths.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,218
    Artifcial, far more cost effective and real ones are just never consistent enough. We do have a real one outside usually but it takes ages to pick one that is good enough, there's always a gap in the braches or the tip isn't quite right etc. Our first artificial one lasted over 20 years and we now have a very realistic looking one, it wasn't cheap but over its life it will probably work out less than half the price of having a real one each year. The wife loves decorating the tree and though I'm biased I think she is better than most of the ones doing it professionally in top stores or on TV sets. I'll have to get all the stuff down this weekend for her, we usually wait for the first weekend in December but this weekend is close enough. Last year's effort - the photo doesn't do her work justice.

• Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,169
    "Other" - $25 from Ikea
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    edited November 2020
    The missus always gets a real tree. This year my daughter is taking her to some where near Sherrif Hutton where you cut your own down for a tenner. Sounds like some bloke has just found a wood and stuck a sign up “ Xmas trees for sale”
  • Ours has been up since saturday....

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    With the new regime of working from home the EPO has a desk in the front room in the middle of the bay looking out, that is where the tree should go. We need a bigger house. If she moves into the dining room where I'm working she'd try to exert control over the music choice and I'm not listening to Christmas songs all day long.
  • pblakeney

If she moves into the dining room where I'm working she'd try to exert control over the music choice and I'm not listening to Christmas songs all day long.

Oh yes you are!
    Officially panto season now. 😉
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Other.

The ones that only appear when its just before Christmas, not a month before.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • With the new regime of working from home the EPO has a desk in the front room in the middle of the bay looking out, that is where the tree should go. We need a bigger house. If she moves into the dining room where I'm working she'd try to exert control over the music choice and I'm not listening to Christmas songs all day long.

Put a row of trees inbetween, like a yule-tide hedge.
  • Christmas trees!?!?
    In November???
    F*cking no chance!

Ours will go up one week before Christmas and go down on the 3rd January without fail.

As for what type, it's artificial every time. The OH goes to town on Christmas decorations. Me, I'd quite happily go without altogether.
  • pblakeney
    Cargobike said:

Christmas trees!?!?
    In November???
    F*cking no chance!

Ours will go up one week before Christmas and go down on the 3rd January without fail.

As for what type, it's artificial every time. The OH goes to town on Christmas decorations. Me, I'd quite happily go without altogether.

Agreed! 100% Apparently this is a "special" year though. Can't deny some joy.
    Some lights up. I am managing to hold out on the tree. For now...
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Other, but I don't think I've ever been given a choice of species!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • pblakeney said:

Cargobike said:

Christmas trees!?!?
    In November???
    F*cking no chance!

Agreed! 100% Apparently this is a "special" year though. Can't deny some joy.
    Some lights up. I am managing to hold out on the tree. For now...
    Do it now.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    none this year for the first time in my life but normally always a huge real one
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Pross
    Cargobike said:

Christmas trees!?!?
    In November???
    F*cking no chance!

Doesn't seem worth the hassle for such a short time.
  • pblakeney
    edited November 2020
    Pross said:

Cargobike said:

Christmas trees!?!?
    In November???
    F*cking no chance!

I know someone who decorates the house on the 20th December. It is all removed on Boxing Day. If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything. I keep quiet. 😉
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,249
    Any of the firs tbh
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Got a cat innit
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Waaaaay too early! I've not bought a Xmas tree for the last few years - Mrs only likes 'real' versions and they're too expensive these days so replace the tree with booze.
  • I didn't think the poll was "have you put your tree up yet"?
  • Stop being so miserable and get the tree up.

• Pross said:

My sentiments exactly.

However the OH will spend gazillions on needless tat so it'll all have to go up at some stage, but with me working flat out until at least the middle of January and the OH working huge shifts at the local hospital, the actual need to wallow in Christmas one-upmanship seems pretty pointless to me.

That we are both working 12hrs+ on Christmas Day and the OH is spending a few days with her family from Boxing Day, as long as she stays C-19 free, the need to decorate everywhere just seems to be about creating work for the sake of it.

I've got far better things to do with my time than that, catching up on sleep, for a start , but as ever she'll be wearing the trousers while I just doff my cap, for a quiet life :lol:
  • Pross
    Please tell me no-one on here indulges in tacky outdoor displays? We have people across the road with giant inflatable Father Christmas and Nutcrackers on their lawn, they'll also have their machine going to blow fake snow (foam) in the next few days no doubt.
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,398

Mine is from Woolworths.

Mine too, although I have a vague recollection we may have purchased a new one in January. I guess I'll find out at the weekend when I venture into the loft.
  • Tashman said:

Mine is from Woolworths.

Mine too, although I have a vague recollection we may have purchased a new one in January. I guess I'll find out at the weekend when I venture into the loft.
    Ours was B&Q about 20 years ago, pre-millennial...
  • pblakeney

Waaaaay too early! I've not bought a Xmas tree for the last few years - Mrs only likes 'real' versions and they're too expensive these days so replace the tree with booze.

The perfect compromise.

Veronese68 wrote:
  • pblakeney said:

Waaaaay too early! I've not bought a Xmas tree for the last few years - Mrs only likes 'real' versions and they're too expensive these days so replace the tree with booze.

The perfect compromise.

You wouldn't want to slip off a chair putting fairy on that.