Recommend some winter fingered gloves

I'm looking for some new winter fingered gloves, that don't cost an arm and a leg, shower proof and the lining stays in when the hand comes out. - Anyone got any recommendations?

Comments

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    I have bought specific winter cycling gloves but they are never that great and the linings tend come out when you’ve got sweaty hands. So these days I go with Mountaineering gloves. I have a pair of North Face Windblock gloves for when it’s dry and an old pair of Snow and Rocks own brand ski gloves for when its wet They eventually let water in but stay warm.
  • joe2019
    joe2019 Posts: 1,338
    GripGrab are excellent, not the cheapest, but, remember, buy cheap, buy twice.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,584
    Galibier Barrier gloves.
  • Decathlon.
  • Strongly recommend silk liners.

Those galibier ones have great reviews
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    I bought these a couple of years ago and they've been great: https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/molon-labe-fribus-thermo-winter-gloves-684552
    Bike Discount don't sell them any more though, and most other places seem to be charging about 2x what I paid for them.
  • Shutt VR Winter Gloves - awesome.
  • I use Endura deluge II and Endura Pro SL primaloft, would recommend both, the latter are a bit more of a lightweight glove but seem to be good for the same temperature range and are also showerproof.
  • Decathlon ski gloves
  • My decathlon winter cycling gloves have reasonably long cuffs, so no cold air on the wrists or blowing up the sleeves.
  • oxoman said:

Decathlon or planet X. But definitely not lobster style. I also use silk / manmade liner gloves in really cold weather.

What’s wrong with the lobster style? I’ve got a pair and they’re warm, comfy and don’t let in the water.

• 2nd Endura Deluge II
    So Far!
  • paulbnix
    paulbnix Posts: 631
    edited November 2020
    Shimano Windstopper gloves. Decathlon sell them.
    It looks like they have had an update since I bought mine.
    I run reasonably hot so these suit because I don’t get cold hands when the glove gets wet either from sweat or rain.

The lining will not come out. In fact it is very difficult to pull the lining out as I found out when I washed them and tried to do so in order to dry them.

• Those galibier ones have great reviews

2nd that some really good reviews for these although never had the chance to try myself, they would certainly be on list when looking for a new pair.

So Far!
  • Hi
    I was recommended this site by a forum member.
    I ended up with these https://www.lomo.co.uk/acatalog/Winter-Cycling-Gloves.html#SID=14
    Have to admit in severe weather they are found wanting a little , but for general winter riding they are a very good glove.(especially for the price)
    Regarding the galibier gloves , I have had two pairs of these and they to are a good and VFM however both pairs have pulled the inner lining through .
    I wrote to Galibier about this and they were very good on their response and gave me
    a refund.
    regards
    Mark

• oxoman said:

Decathlon or planet X. But definitely not lobster style. I also use silk / manmade liner gloves in really cold weather.

What’s wrong with the lobster style? I’ve got a pair and they’re warm, comfy and don’t let in the water.

I have had, and currently have, lobster gloves. Mine are the Planet X ones and really are good. Take a little getting used to but no real faff, highly recommend them.
  • Thanks for all you're input, you have provided the answer.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,584

Thanks for all you're input, you have provided the answer.

42?
  • Correct!