Shimano ULTEGRA DI2 Locked and not working

I fell from the bike and my Shimano DI2 entered recovery mode or something like that. But when tried to restart pressing the junction button for 5 second, it doesn't work and starts blinking:

https://youtu.be/6lTBdzKr_0o

Any ideas? Thanks

Comments

• Pressing the junction button for 5 seconds should carry out the crash reset as you say. I'm just wondering if the Di2 cable has been disconnected from the rear derailleur, either at the derailleur or the B junction box.
  • Thanks Drexel. This might be an option but the mechanic I brought the bike to said the cables were ok. At this point I don't know if I should believe him anyway. Any idea how to check that? Thanks again.
  • If the bike is at a bike shop then the mechanic should do a component check and see why the rear derailleur is not working. Use the Di2 removal tool to check whether the cable is firmly attached to the derailleur. If you're not sure what you are doing then you are best leaving it with someone with experience of Di2 systems and components.
  • Ok thanks Drexel, good advise.
  • zest28
    zest28 Posts: 403
    just bring it in the bike shop.
  • This is similar to what happened to me (6870 series Di2)

Had a fall - Di2 worked fine and got me home. Hosed off bike as usual and gentle wipe down.

Left it on charge overnight a week later in anticipation of a long ride and rear mech was dead. Front shifting was working fine.

Eventually got it to a shop and the E-Tube software was showing everything fine, except couldn't detect the rear mech. The mechanic fiddled with it for a couple of days (moving cables around etc).

Final solution was new rear mech (R8000 series)
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    £240 for the mech.

#ouch
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    i like my third world mechanical groupsets
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    david37 said:

i like my third world mechanical groupsets

I'm with the D-Man on this .

#thethinkingman'sgroupset
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle said:

£240 for the mech.

#ouch

Luckily I got a discount.

##stillhurt