sunday solved without tensors

'ning

looks like the gloomygrey weather continues, at least it's not raining

ride, cafe with cake, laze

decided on a surprise post-lockdown pre-lockdown inner city break with mrs s, it will mean venturing north (gasp) of the euston road to the gothic glory of st p, any excuse to visit the bubbly bar, might even see a ghost
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Looks like it's going to be a stunning day here today (sorry sg) which will probably be wasted staying at home doing nothing.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    How north is north SG?

Meant to be nice today so off for a gentle spin with a pal and then try and flatten the garden out, I may have caught the mole, but he had the last laugh really
  • tlw1

'Ning
    Looks like it's going to be a stunning day here today (sorry sg) which will probably be wasted staying at home doing nothing.

Netflix’s, pain killers and ale???
  • Maybe squeeze in a 2 hour pootle while baby naps.
  • Had a lie-in, caught up with the vendee-globe goings on, drinking tea now. Not sure whether to have an egg or not for breakfast so probably won't and no ill effects from yesyerday's beers, that’s a bonus

Have to go out and finish the path repair work I started the other day, the sunshine looks great but the mercury states 6°C, maybe have a ride in the pm
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    tlw1 said:

How north is north SG?

st pancras, don't want to over do it :smiley:

bright start has become cloudy, temperature seems to be dropping as the day goes on, coffee and a nice palmier at cafe ii
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Nice social ride into Surrey with a commuting pal. Lots of autumnal lanes and an ascent of Box Hill. Pics for Seano. Dunno about remainder of day. Probably washing and cleaning as usual.

• tlw1

Forgot we get banner without pictures.

Morning ride was cold as after walking hounds I thought it was warmer 🙄
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited November 2020
    Morning, had a good ride today a nice sunny morning here a bit on the cool side though, bike needs cleaning now thanks to Lincolnshire,s farmers
    Have a good day , well what’s left of it
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    This was the only pic I could manage from this morning but it'll get me off a ban.

Hounds nearly caught a squirrel that strayed too far into the open so they got a treat from Mrs. 666 for making an effort.

Same routine as yesterday but maybe not such a late night as it's a school night.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed. Bit of pottering done, now heading off to the old dear's. I'll try to get a picture of something interesting. If not I'll just cheat, Seano will never know as he only looks at the pictures and doesn't read what we write. I blame the school he went to. Bit careless there Stevo, posting a picture of the EPO's leg, you might get people excited. Good job some of the MFs are around to see that.
  • Stevo_666

Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed. Bit of pottering done, now heading off to the old dear's. I'll try to get a picture of something interesting. If not I'll just cheat, Seano will never know as he only looks at the pictures and doesn't read what we write. I blame the school he went to. Bit careless there Stevo, posting a picture of the EPO's leg, you might get people excited. Good job some of the MFs are around to see that.

Most Bracketeers will settle for anything under 40 with a skirt and a pulse, but she only ticks one box out of 3 so I thought it would be OK to post :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    For all you city boys concerned about heading north across the Euston Rd, this is proper heading north.

Got some bike cleaning to do, a Basque style lamb stew to get prepped and in the oven and then It's feet up time.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    orraloon said:

For all you city boys concerned about heading north across the Euston Rd, this is proper heading north.

Got some bike cleaning to do, a Basque style lamb stew to get prepped and in the oven and then It's feet up time.

I had no idea you were so tall and slim. Must be hard finding trousers for those legs?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    So many pictures to mark 😫
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb said:

Nice social ride into Surrey with a commuting pal. Lots of autumnal lanes and an ascent of Box Hill. Pics for Seano. Dunno about remainder of day. Probably washing and cleaning as usual.

Great pics Hop, love that view of Dorking and watching the planes land at Gatwick.
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

Forgot we get banner without pictures.

Morning ride was cold as after walking hounds I thought it was warmer 🙄

You could sweep your drive once in a while TLW 🙄
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

This was the only pic I could manage from this morning but it'll get me off a ban.

Hounds nearly caught a squirrel that strayed too far into the open so they got a treat from Mrs. 666 for making an effort.

Same routine as yesterday but maybe not such a late night as it's a school night.

I spy tight jeans and a shapely calf. Looking promising Stevo 👍 Keep up the good work.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    See, one out of three is more than enough.
    I need a bigger garage

• Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

I spy tight jeans and a shapely calf. Looking promising Stevo 👍 Keep up the good work.
    The next step would be to post a pic of her face, but if you looked at the photo you would be turned to stone.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

The next step would be to post a pic of her face, but if you looked at the photo you would be turned to stone.
    Which part of your body >:)
  • Stevo_666
    webboo said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Which part of your body >:)
    :smiley:

Good point (so to say)
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

'Ning

Netflix’s, pain killers and ale???
    Guess it was an ok day in the end:

Boaty McBoatface in the distance:

• Busy day at home...

• thistle_

I would click the like button but I've had to turn off JavaScript just to get on the forum

• How was the stew?

Also, can someone explain how to upload photos? I used to upload photos using Flickr but no longer need to do that.
  • orraloon

Stew was priti damn good. 36h marinade rather than overnight, ran out of time yesterday. Added chickpeas for texture bite. Who's been watching Masterchef?
  • Superb. Good shout on chickpeas.

Which recipe did you use?
  • orraloon
    edited November 2020
    Made it up. Influence from the chat on La Vuelta stage 9 spoilers thread re depth of colour, getting the smoked paprika up etc. So marinated in white wine, white wine vinegar (bite!), garlic, herbs, added hefe weissbeer yesterday when opted to delay. Drain off. Given the length of time in the bowl, reduce released liquid over heat to get browning of lamb. Then the good ol' onion, garlic, ginger, small fresh chilli, celery, diced carrot, sweat down, add red wine, chopped tomatoes, dash of tomato paste, dash of dijon mustard, herbs, good dose of smoked paprika, stock cube, salt 'n' pepper, etc. Long slow cook in oven. Chickpeas got prepped yesterday, added with an hour to go. Nice.

Edit, forgot chopped green pepper.