'ning

back to nippy rather than freezing

ride up and down, cafes, that seems enough
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited November 2020
    Morning, mild and windy, early ride for me, then I will go next door and remove their main fuse they have lit their front garden up with xmas lights , and it’s not even December yet. Beside that
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Chilled start, now contemplating which bike to go out on.

Then wood stuff and then into town for something to do.

It would be easier if lived by the hill in the distance as the pub is open there

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning
    Been shopping before all the morons get up. One load of washing done, now trying to wash my hi vis coat.
    Was planning on a trail run/walk but it's forecasting rain so might leave that until this afternoon (or next year).
    Ordered some light bulbs off Amazon which should be coming today. Maybe I'll get a PS5 in the box instead.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start has been enjoyed. A couple of interruptions from delivery companies but other than that nice and chill. Got sent a free iPad which was somewhat unexpected. Tempting as it was to keep it thought it best to 'fess up. Besides it was the lowest spec one. They had printed two labels the same, one for our delivery and then the same again on someone's iPad.
    A day of pottering is on the cards. Need to finish clearing space in the garage for the Mini, it's suffering from being in the open. This means the bamboo frame stuff needs moving to the old dear's. That'll mean I get to spend more time over there which is good.
    But first, coffee
  • After yesterday's gale died out overnight, today was really rather nice. Bit of early activity before a leisurely coffee in the sunshine on the balcony.

Moved frame I built for new water tank into place, and shovelled the first half ton of gravel into it. More on Monday. Woohoo. Mowed the small patches of "lawn" out front.

Lazy pedal this afternoon. Flogging some old camera lenses on the 'Bay, so watching the progress on those. One sold a little cheaper than I'd hoped, but others are looking good.

Trying to decide what colour to paint an old MTB which needs freshening up.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    tlw1 said:

Chilled start, now contemplating which bike to go out on.

Then wood stuff and then into town for something to do.

It would be easier if lived by the hill in the distance as the pub is open there

Good excuse for a run in that direction?

Straight up and out with the hounds, legs were not on top form after yesterday's cycle commute. Nice little touch yesterday, one of the directors got cans of G&T for everyone who was in the office (about 12 people) and dished them out mid afternoon. Helped fuel the ride home last night.

Now sipping coffee and contemplating lunch followed by a list of jobs, fortunately my jobs.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

Got sent a free iPad which was somewhat unexpected. Tempting as it was to keep it thought it best to 'fess up.

Good man. Hopefully your wrist will get better as karmic payback.

Making stock today. Fun. Queues outside the supermarket again.

Mrs H³ out walking in town with a pal.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    Might have got the day's 'plan' aka make it up as you go along Gummint stylee a bit wrong. Late up. Ok, have a brunch, then get out for an afternoon ride. Sun came out, bright light, nice. Now it's clouded over with that grey brownish colour which suggests The Rain is on its way back. And the wind is picking up. Oh well, get wet you get wet...
  • After yesterdays fiasco of a ride over to my place and back from the OH's, (someone didn't fuel sufficiently and bonked badly), today is for rest and recuperation. Was still up at 7am having only gone to bed 5 hours earlier and feel like death warmed up.

Morning of wfw, now back at the OH's ready to chaffeur her to work at 2pm, before returning for hound walking and the obligatory domestic goddess duties. Should keep me busy until collecting OH from work at midnight.

Oh for a quiet life!

Looking on the bright side OH has made millionaire shortbread for the sick and needy at work, so I've got the off-cuts to help me through the day.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    oxoman said:

I feel your pain LD.

It would be better to shoot the morons who put Christmas lights up before the middle of December

• Stevo_666

Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start has been enjoyed. A couple of interruptions from delivery companies but other than that nice and chill. Got sent a free iPad which was somewhat unexpected. Tempting as it was to keep it thought it best to 'fess up. Besides it was the lowest spec one. They had printed two labels the same, one for our delivery and then the same again on someone's iPad.
    A day of pottering is on the cards. Need to finish clearing space in the garage for the Mini, it's suffering from being in the open. This means the bamboo frame stuff needs moving to the old dear's. That'll mean I get to spend more time over there which is good.
    But first, coffee

So who get the iPad?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    Car lease is up at the end of Jan. Proper unneccesary Chelsea Tractor incoming I think. XC90, one of the ones with 400 hp, but that's also a plug in hybrid that'll do 30 miles on battery alone. Not sure *why* we need a car that big. There were mutterings about the dog, and maybe driving to the sunshine next year.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

Car lease is up at the end of Jan. Proper unneccesary Chelsea Tractor incoming I think. XC90, one of the ones with 400 hp, but that's also a plug in hybrid that'll do 30 miles on battery alone. Not sure *why* we need a car that big. There were mutterings about the dog, and maybe driving to the sunshine next year.

I thought it was your choice of car this time H3?

Sod the hybrids, get a full fat petrol job while you still can and enjoy it. I'm leading by example o:)

Tell your OH that we drive the 2 hounds around in a VW Polo (not having them mucking up my car). And she doesn't want to get the 'small woman in big 4x4 who can't see over the steering wheel' jibe chucked at her ('If you can't drive it, don't buy it') :smile:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Friend if mine has got one of those, bigger than mine on the outside but no more room inside. Can't say I'm a fan.
  • hopkinb
    My preference would be for a medium sized hot hatch. Golf R or similar. Totally useless for where I live and what the car is used for though.

I quite like the look of the XC90, even though it's enormous. There's one over the road.

We've also still got 2 kids at home for the foreseeable future (no way the boy is bright enough for university to be of any use to him).

Also, a lot of the time the car is sitting still or in slow-moving traffic on shortish urban journeys, so the full leccy bit makes sense, and congestion charge exempt too (7 days a week now), then the powerful petrol engine makes sense for the trips to Cov/Cornwall/France.

Minus is that it's an expensive thing.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    Finally got my arris in gear and out for an afternoon pootle via tarmac, gravel, grassway, mud, floodwater et al. Sun came back though, nice out.

• Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

My preference would be for a medium sized hot hatch. Golf R or similar. Totally useless for where I live and what the car is used for though.

I quite like the look of the XC90, even though it's enormous. There's one over the road.

We've also still got 2 kids at home for the foreseeable future (no way the boy is bright enough for university to be of any use to him).

Also, a lot of the time the car is sitting still or in slow-moving traffic on shortish urban journeys, so the full leccy bit makes sense, and congestion charge exempt too (7 days a week now), then the powerful petrol engine makes sense for the trips to Cov/Cornwall/France.

Minus is that it's an expensive thing.

I get ypur train of thought H3. If you can avoid a 4x4 though, do it. Frikkin pointless things unless you're going off road or need to deal with properly snowy/muddy road conditions regularly. They drive more like vans than cars. And as V says, the packaging isn't great: we used to have same thing as what he has as a family carry all and it was a proper tardis.

My top tip would be a good size fast estate, there must be some half decent hybrid versions on the market.
  • Stevo_666

Friend if mine has got one of those, bigger than mine on the outside but no more room inside. Can't say I'm a fan.

I get the idea people like them because they feel safer as they're so bloody big, and also because some people like to sit higher up than others on the road. I prefer cars to vans though.
  • thistle_
    edited November 2020
    Went for a run, regretting it now.

Back pinged after 2 miles. After rolling around in pain for 5 mins I mtfu and the adrenaline made it bearable for the rest of the way. Hopefully it's just cramp and it'll be right tomorrow :'(
    Nearly fell on my @rse/face several times too. Maybe I should just hide in the gym for the rest of the year.
  • thistle_
    Cargobike said:

(someone didn't fuel sufficiently and bonked badly),

Are we talking about the bike ride or what you got up to the other night? ;)
  • :lol:
    Bike ride, you cheeky farker.

Actually, I was so pi$$ed the other night I have no recollection of my performance between the sheets, so who knows?
  • Went for a run, regretting it now.

Now that looks like the route back from the pub! :D

Lye-in slow to start today, cuppa, shopping that needed doing (no more), a lot less cars out today compared with yesterday (way too many for a lockdown). Home in plenty of time to open a beer and enjoy the England game. May (no pun intended) move onto the real Cider later.
    I'm not gonna get started on Volvo's... back to my beer
  • thistle_

Went for a run, regretting it now.

Now that looks like the route back from the pub!
    It would be (only a 12 mile walk...), except the pub closed down a few years ago and now it's some fancy wedding venue.
  • Went for a run, regretting it now.

Now that looks like the route back from the pub!
    It would be (only a 12 mile walk...), except the pub closed down a few years ago and now it's some fancy wedding venue.
    Oh what a waste… as somebody once sung.
    I personally do what I can to keep these places going (in-between lockdowns) locally, the older I get the more I appreciate what they have to offer. Your picture just spoke volumes about the ride back LOL luv it!

BTW running is bad for you, my knees wouldn't do 10yds, cycling is much better :)