Did you buy your bike online?

Hey!

If you're on this forum, you most likely own a bike... did you buy it online??

...I'm part of a new start-up that's trying to improve the experience of purchasing bikes or bike accessories online.

Any chance you'd have a few minutes to chat with someone from our team to tell me about your recent purchase experiences? I can be reached at bikeresearch7@gmail.com.

Thanks so much in advance,

--Chris

Comments

• Hi Chris,

Can you say anymore about your startup?
    What kind of info are you after exactly, i've bought from every major retailer in last couple of years so maybe have some insights.

Rollo
  • froze
    froze Posts: 203
    I bought my Lynskey online, it was the best purchase I've ever made.
  • I've bought 2 bikes on line from ROSE in Germany and they've been superb. I'd happily buy from them again.
    'I started with nothing and still have most of it left.'
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,613

I've bought 2 bikes on line from ROSE in Germany and they've been superb. I'd happily buy from them again.

Good luck with that...
  • Just as a general comment, I bought my last bike online, from a well-known retailer based in Italy. What really helped was a phone call with the owner, frankly, and we talked about sizing/components etc. Very important for a big purchase. Wouldn't order without some kind of in-person contact unless I knew exactly what I was getting myself into. All in all would rather buy in person but once you're into high-end brands local availability can be scarce.
  • I've bought 1 bikes on line from BIKESFAMILY in China and they've been superb.A professional bicycle and bicycle related products B2B wholesale platform.I hope it will help you.
    Thanks and best regards,
    Anny Pan

But you are bikes family. The website looks terrible by the way and you shouldn't be using the forum to advertise. Roolz innit.
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120

I've bought 1 bikes on line from BIKESFAMILY in China and they've been superb.A professional bicycle and bicycle related products B2B wholesale platform.I hope it will help you.
    Thanks and best regards,
    Anny Pan

But you are bikes family. The website looks terrible by the way and you shouldn't be using the forum to advertise. Roolz innit.
    I'm sorry to intrude on you like this.I made a suggestion.If the proposal is bad, you can ignore it.Thank you for your reply.
    So, just for clarity, are you, or are you not in any way related to BIKESFAMILY in China? By related I mean ANY sort of vested interest? Because you sure come across as not being completely honest about your relationship with them.

PP
  • What would help is if you had any interest in the business in the first place. That oy havn't posted here before or since tells me you don't. So why would anyone take the time to help you when you won't help yourself?