wednesday once more with entropy

'ning

ride, coffee, more coffee for long webex to which i will not pay attention
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, not a bad start weather wise , dog walked, early ride, some pruning I might mow the lawn while I’m at it.
    Have a good day
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    edited November 2020
    Morning all, waiting for w &k to go out then quick ride around the block before a day of marking. Espresso first though. Enjoy your yum yums
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Nice walk with the hounds, in a happy mood after a good fun bike ride last night.

Work stuff and I suppose I should do family stuff later

Morning picture:

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    tlw1 said:

Nice walk with the hounds, in a happy mood after a good fun bike ride last night.

Work stuff and I suppose I should do family stuff later

Morning picture:

Great pic 👍 Moody, atmospheric, 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning
    Bike ride
    WFH
    Sleep
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Morning peeps.
    No ride for me today, Don't mind a bit of rain but high winds suck any enjoyment out of it for me.
    If I can't enjoy it, I don't do it. The philosophy of life, according to Bally.
  • thistle_

Morning peeps.
    No ride for me today, Don't mind a bit of rain but high winds suck any enjoyment out of it for me.

Not that windy here, just a pleasant breeze. Forecast said it's a SW wind but seemed to be more E when I went out.
    Raining now so glad I went out early.

• ballysmate
    Met office says 38mph gusts.
    Looking out of the window I believe them.
  • Happy Wednesday everyone o:)
    I'm being dragged out running again later, can't wait!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608

Happy Wednesday everyone o:)

Ooh, positive thoughts on BR. 😳👍

Sun shining here, for a bit until it doesn't... Do I put off doing that admin boring stuff like I did yesterday and go out on the bike? Decisions decisions.

(Today's memo to self: Again Do Not React to internet Wayne Kerrs.)
  • seanoconn

Who are you and what have you done with homer’s double!? 😡
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit Seantheconn.
    Lets have more sarcasm.

Gopping out there.
    Have to drag myself out.
    I'll ride in the Siberian winds the morra. Must iron those thermal underpants. But if I iron them too crispy, I might be done for rustling.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn said:

Who are you and what have you done with homer’s double!? 😡
    Maybe that was actually Homer posting for a change?

Lovely day, filled with fun and frivolity.

OK, some of that may not be strictly true. After the obligatory walking of the dog, I repeated the disc brake bleed as yesterday's attempt made it worse, not better. This time: success. Now all it needs is new pads.

Rode motorcycle up to post office at Warp Speed 9 to ship a saddle sold over the internetz.

Shovelled sandy stuff for a while. Decided to do a turbo ride instead of trail because Lefty has a flat rear tyre from the last outing. There's a heap of African Boxthorn bush out there and recent attempts to eradicate it have only succeeded in spreading the bits everywhere.

I'd post photos, but there aren't any.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Made it back from my morning out, combination of wind in all directions, rain and sunshine. Currently being nagged to clear up my office corner of the dining room. No windsurfers out today which was surprising but here's a picture of the ferry:

• seanoconn

Made it back from my morning out, combination of wind in all directions, rain and sunshine. Currently being nagged to clear up my office corner of the dining room. No windsurfers out today which was surprising but here's a picture of the ferry:

Holy crap 😃 Pic of the week easily. I love water. I could sit there all day looking at that view, wrapped up warm with some sarnies and maybe a pasty. Where is that?
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit Seantheconn.
    Lets have more sarcasm.

Gopping out there.
    Have to drag myself out.
    I'll ride in the Siberian winds the morra. Must iron those thermal underpants. But if I iron them too crispy, I might be done for rustling.

Where the fook have you been? Could you check yesterday’s threads and post where appropriate please.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    seanoconn said:

Made it back from my morning out, combination of wind in all directions, rain and sunshine. Currently being nagged to clear up my office corner of the dining room. No windsurfers out today which was surprising but here's a picture of the ferry:

Holy censored 😃 Pic of the week easily. I love water. I could sit there all day looking at that view, wrapped up warm with some sarnies and maybe a pasty. Where is that?
    Break it to me gently why don’t you
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

Holy censored 😃 Pic of the week easily. I love water. I could sit there all day looking at that view, wrapped up warm with some sarnies and maybe a pasty. Where is that?
    Break it to me gently why don’t you
    I knew I’d put my foot in it when posted that 😔 Your pics are still awesome 😃

TLW?

Hello?

Sh!t 😔
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    We finally moved house on Friday so trying to mix working from home with sorting stuff out and receiving all the packages and items of furniture and things my wife has bought.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • seanoconn said:

Sandbanks ferry across to the purbecks. It's great when the tourists have gone home.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Busy-ish morning of calls, from home for the first time this week. In the middle of that DPD dropped off a ticking package which i thought must have come from some Cake Stoppers, but contained my new toy. Now getting distracted from working.

Stropteen is coming home early along with the rest of the student population but at least she's travelling light so we don't need to go up and get her.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    webex over, beef and horseradish baguette scoffed

i feel a cafe stroll coming on
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • In a student forum over zoom. Moan moan moan moan.....
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    edited November 2020
    I didn't know you lived in that part of the world DHL. Some good friends of mine (and their extended families) live down there (full time, not holiday homes!)

Do people windsurf in that gap? Seems a pretty poor spot given the harbour / sea side.

Such was the praise for yesterday's shelf that I have been instructed to put up another, which is done.

Now just lazing...legs are still dead from yesterday's run so saving them for a long pedal tomorrow.
  • Can't a guy seem happy without attracting attention?

I could entertain you all with a moan about how the price of steel is rising, any better?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • ballysmate
    It would certainly cheer up anybody on here who had some to flog
  • I didn't know you lived in that part of the world DHL. Some good friends of mine (and their extended families) live down there (full time, not holiday homes!)

Do people windsurf in that gap? Seems a pretty poor spot given the harbour / sea side.

Such was the praise for yesterday's shelf that I have been instructed to put up another, which is done.

Now just lazing...legs are still dead from yesterday's run so saving them for a long pedal tomorrow.

No one with any sense winsurfs through there. A bit further round inside the harbour it's pretty shallow and a great place to learn without drowning:

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Tedious day wfh.

I see in another thread that @shirley_basso is on gardening leave but bagged a new job. The Holy Grail. Well done, and good luck with the new job, even though harder work & longer hours are not much of a draw for me, lazy bast@rd that I am.

I'm still watching Suzi Quatro videos on youtube. Cooorrr.
  • hopkinb said:

Tedious day wfh.

I see in another thread that @shirley_basso is on gardening leave but bagged a new job. The Holy Grail. Well done, and good luck with the new job, even though harder work & longer hours are not much of a draw for me, lazy bast@rd that I am.

I'm still watching Suzi Quatro videos on youtube. Cooorrr.

Brilliant! :p
  • thistle_
    Went for a walk, such an exciting day. The now mandatory photo: