Review/Experience with Tredz Online Store

Hello !

I am not from the UK & have not dealt with tredz.com

Is this a reputable store ? Would you purchase a bicycle ( £3,500 ) worth from them ?

Any experiences ?

I apologise if my question is inappropriate, but I need to know for if I place the order & the bicycle is shipped to me, it will be a complicated, if not impossible & expensive exercise to return it.

I need to be as sure as I can that I am dealing with a reputable company.

Hope to learn of your experiences & thoughts on this online shop.

Thanks in advance !

Jai

Comments

• Great company I've used a few times.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    They are part of the Halfords chain.

They are a reliable store, just be wary of their quoted delivery times and stock levels - sometimes you will place an order for an 'in stock' item only to get an email or phonecall to say they need to order the item from their suppliers and what was supposed to be a couple of days delivery time turns in to weeks or months.
  • j_vora
    j_vora Posts: 63
    Thank you for sharing your experiences -

Good to know that they are reliable & genuine -

I am not time bound so that should be ok so a short delay if that happens should be ok.

But I am with you Oxoman about the importance of trying & view the bike in person - That would be ideal - But the travel restrictions due to Corona does not provide an opportunity, at least not for sometime.

Once again thank you all for the replies !

Jai

• They are a good cycle retailer
  • j_vora
    Great - One more confirmation-

Overall reviews are positive which in turn provided me with the required confidence to shop & have the bicycle sent all the way to Asia !

Thks
  • Best of luck. Whereabouts are you? My dad has a pretty good bike seller in Borneo if that's any use?
  • pinkbikini
    pinkbikini Posts: 876
    edited November 2020
    Tredz seem good to me. Not always the quickest deliveries, but a solid online experience otherwise . Presumably you could return a bike if it was unsuitable anyway?

Edit: I see you’re in Asia. Much more expensive for any returns I guess!
  • j_vora
    edited November 2020
    Hi shirley_basso - So thoughtful of u - I am based in India - Mostly closer to Borneo than the UK, but still pretty far from Mumbai.

pink bikini, absolutely complicated & an expensive exercise - Specially as at the time of delivery I will have to pay a whopping amount as import duty - And if the bike needs to be returned the duty fee will not be refunded back to me.

A bit tricky, unfortunately - These are the reasons I am being cautious by “dotting the “i’s” & crossing the “t’s”

Ideally I would have preferred to fly over, see n experiences the bike & then fly it to Mumbai - But with the Covid situation really unsure when that becomes a possibility. ( Not that flying back & forth is inexpensive, but at least I am sure the bike is checked out, etc. )

The reviews of Tredz indicate that while there may be delays, overall they are a reliable company to order from & maintain an experienced staff - This is reassuring & works well for me.

Many thanks ALL !

Jai
  • Yep, Tredz are good, reputable, you should be fine.
    How’s the road cycling around Mumbai? I’ve only ever exercised by jogging when I’ve been in Bangalore and Mysore, and that was terrifying enough! I saw one roadie on the Bangalore-Mysore highway, that was it - he was certainly brave.
  • j_vora
    Pinkbikini, riding in Mumbai is tough & rough - Poor roads & more terrifying is the way people drive.

I am not brave enough to ride during working hours - More like 5:30am to 7:00am ( 7:00am would be the outer limit ), that too riding in a group ( safety in numbers ) and more likely longer rides on Sunday’s - And even then I expect it to be challenging !

I so want to return to the sport, but honestly am weary for the same reasons you highlight - It’s frightening at times !!

I do live close to a wooded part of the city so plan to ride within it as well.

Wish me luck & thanks for the support-

:)

• Best of luck Jai! I’m sure you’ll find some good quiet roads early in the day - less pollution too. Safe riding!
  • j_vora
    Hello !

You all have been so very helpful with the replies for which I am grateful.

I just contacted Tredz via their live chat website feature and learnt that they do not ship to India -

So back to the drawing board, put on the thinking hat to find a way to purchase the bike and have it sent here.

A bit tricky as its a one year old model ( BMC ALR Disc 2020 model ) and Tredz was one of the few stores that had it - There were a few in Indonesia, but I read some dodgy reviews so 'dI prefer to stick to Tredz.

The saga continues !

:)

Jai

• dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    I've used Tredz quite a few times for just clothing and accessories/parts and never had any problems. I've got an order in with them at the moment and dispatch seems very slow. I've heard that comment from a few people lately.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • paulbox
    paulbox Posts: 1,203
    They’re a decent company to deal with but their shipping department really let them down. Things take ages to arrive.
    XC: Giant Anthem X
    Fun: Yeti SB66
    Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
    Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
    Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets
  • j_vora
    Paulbox n dabber :

Great to gain additional positive reviews.

But with their inability to ship to India I unfortunately will not be able to avail of the products they sell.

But none the less, good to know that they are reliable - Perhaps in the future if travelling to the UK, I can order from them.

Thks !