sunday the land without a pineapple

'ning

looking soggy but mild

soggy ride, coffee, eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we monday
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, damp and windy , no cycling today I have some work to do , plenty of it by the sound of our lass.
    Have a good day
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited November 2020
    This Sunday thread, bereft of Pineapple and protagonists.

Ditto me. Yesterday's squirmabout will suffice on the pedalling front and there's a huge puddle in the driveway that normally never exists so I bet the roads are even filthier.
    Or... have they been washed clean?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    sungod said:

'ning

looking soggy but mild

soggy ride, coffee, eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we monday

Big respect to sungod for posting daily threads for us indolent sluggish loafers.

“Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we Monday” 👍 Biblically epic and reminds me of a movie quote I can’t quite remember.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    edited November 2020
    "...and let no t u r d remain unstoned" ?
    "It's a hard job and somebody's gotta do it" ?
    "The sheriff's comin' and he's a DANG" ?
    "You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off" ?
    "I never met a dame who didn't understand a slap in the mouth or a slug from a 45" ?
    "I like the rain; it washes the memories from the sidewalk" ?

Which one exactly?
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Big respect to sungod for posting daily threads for us indolent sluggish loafers.

If SG rode for 100 miles and there were 10 posters , then we will have all averaged 10 miles each.

• seanoconn
    Pinno, could you lower the quality of your posts please, you’re scaring the others away.
    Post something about watching tv or walking the dog.
  • pinno
    Walked dog.
    Watched TV.
    Ate summat.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    pinno said:

"I never met a dame who didn't understand a slap in the mouth or a slug from a 45" ?

Which one exactly?

I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

Walked dog.
    Watched TV.
    Ate summat.

I’m liking the cut of your jib young fellow, you’ll play well around here.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Core workout
    Zwift ride
    Bath
    Looking for food now
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hounds walked, chainsaw used and now lighting fires and making tea as the wife stacks the wood. Another walk and then it’s beer time
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    oxoman said:

I'm surprised you've survived after yesterday.

I did drink rather a lot of cider 😂
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    More cider = more distance? 🤔 Might have got something wrong there...

Been sunny for couple of hours after lots of overnight rain. Will get out the gravel mud bike and get a leg stretcher in this afternoon, get #1 daughter out as well. Keep away from the soft stuff as far as poss; got an ultrabite tyre for the front due to arrive tomorrow, trust that will give a bit more front grip.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    pinno said:

Which one exactly?

Do we need to guess?
    'Do ya feel lucky, punk?'
    '
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    edited November 2020
    seanoconn said:

Pinno, could you lower the quality of your posts please, you’re scaring the others away.
    Post something about watching tv or walking the dog.

I'll have a go as well.

Bit of a lie in, dogs walked and duly hosed down after getting very mucky running around the woods (though luckily it stopped tanking down just as we arrived). Now got a hot mug of coffee in front of me and deciding what to do for lunch.

Also on my video beer drinking call last night with an old mate he announced he was retiring at the end of January, aged 55. I doubt his wife will change her spending habits though, so not sure how long that will last :)

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    it's gone sunny, typical, windycold though

after many moons, i'm approaching the last couple of dvds in the danger man box set

first series was finding its way, series two onwards excellent, saw some the first time around though too long ago to remember anything more, they used a few locations in my neck of the woods, looks the same today except there are a lot more cars on the streets, memories, sigh

they did smoke rather a lot in the early series
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    I don't recall Danger Mouse or Penfold smoking much. Oh, Danger MAN. Sorry.

Ride ridden, not too clarty at all, though daughter #1 rode sans guards and now requires a full hose down. Stayed dry, big headwind out, easy back, plan. Lots of walkists, runists, cyclists out enjoying lockdown 2.

Got a Spanish style one pot chicken chorizo beans chickpeas tomatoes onion garlic etc etc dish to sort out then it'll be time for a glass of summat.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    orraloon said:

I don't recall Danger Mouse or Penfold smoking much. Oh, Danger MAN. Sorry

I read it as danger mouse first time too.

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Up, breakfast, first wash on, headwind, tailwind, 2nd wash on, aaaallll the cleaning (where is that cleaner?) 3rd wash on. All washing hung out. Fcuking Sunday. Still, count one's blessings.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    sungod said:

after many moons, i'm approaching the last couple of dvds in the danger man box set

first series was finding its way, series two onwards excellent, saw some the first time around though too long ago to remember anything more, they used a few locations in my neck of the woods, looks the same today except there are a lot more cars on the streets, memories, sigh

Have been working my way through NYPD Blue. Am up to Season 6
    Long enough ago to not remember too much of he story lines.
    Still excellent.

Have Season 1 Hill St Blues to watch as well.
    Hectic life I lead.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

I'll have a go as well.

Bit of a lie in, dogs walked and duly hosed down after getting very mucky running around the woods (though luckily it stopped tanking down just as we arrived). Now got a hot mug of coffee in front of me and deciding what to do for lunch.

Also on my video beer drinking call last night with an old mate he announced he was retiring at the end of January, aged 55. I doubt his wife will change her spending habits though, so not sure how long that will last :)

Fail.

This however, is exemplary:
    hopkinb said:

Up, breakfast, first wash on, headwind, tailwind, 2nd wash on, aaaallll the cleaning (where is that cleaner?) 3rd wash on. All washing hung out. Fcuking Sunday. Still, count one's blessings.

• Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

I'll have a go as well.

Fail.

hopkinb said:

I'll take that as a compliment.
  • pinno
    sungod said:

Don't despair @sungod, all is not lost. I found this for you:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kung-Fu-David-Carradine-Season-1-3-Complete-Collection-Series-DVD-Box-Set-New/324371887544?hash=item4b861235b8:g:fU0AAOSwci5fCz7y
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

I'll have a go as well.

Fail.

hopkinb said:

I'll take that as a compliment.
    Better still:
    oxoman said:

Morning Slackers.
    Mutt walked.
    OH walked.
    Grub ate.
    DIY beckons.
    Beer to finish.

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Aah, but she took mini out, giving me the time and the space to do the cleaning and the washing. I'd not trust her to clean. Half a job bob. Also, she earns more than me (especially when you look at those stock options) and works longer hours.

Bit of give, bit of take. Play to our strengths.

• pinno
    edited November 2020
    hopkinb said:

Aah, but she took mini out, giving me the time and the space to do the cleaning and the washing. I'd not trust her to clean. Half a job bob. Also, she earns more than me (especially when you look at those stock options) and works longer hours.

No, you don't understand.

Come on Oxo, he's relatively new to this, not a bad effort.
    I mean, there's 40k plus super sh!t spreader err, I mean poster, doing his utmost to induce mass insomnia for some inexplicable reason.
  • pinno

Core workout
    Zwift ride
    Bath
    Looking for food now

This ^ gets 1st prize.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Woke
    Tea
    Lazed
    Coffee
    Lounged
    Pottered
    Ate
    Visited Ma
    Pottered
    Ate
    Lazed
    Posted Sh!t
    Bed

Looks like I had a busy day :D
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

No, you don't understand.

Come on Oxo, he's relatively new to this, not a bad effort.
    I mean, there's 40k plus super sh!t spreader err, I mean poster, doing his utmost to induce mass insomnia for some inexplicable reason.
    I miss the days when you posted shyte just to bump up your post count ;)