saturday seeing everything twice

'ning 'ning

ride ride, coffee coffee, pastry pastry. laze laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, just got back after walking tigger, we are both wet through, what a lovely start to a weekend.
    Not sure what to do today , will have to make it up as we go along
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Dead
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    tlw1 said:

Dead

Somebody said that it couldn’t be done
    But TLW with a chuckle replied
    That "maybe it couldn't," but he would be one
    Who wouldn't say so till he'd tried.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Shitty day and everywhere interesting uncover is closed so this morning will be mega fry up, kicking 10year old butt on the table tennis and avoiding getting sucked up by Mrs Seano’s hoover.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    'Ning
    Not much happening here today. Drizzly/foggy at the moment, need to go to the shops before the crowds but someone won't get out of bed so can't see that happening.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    gloomy out, dawn has overslept in sympathy with tlw

more coffee beckons
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed. Lying in bed with a cup of tea thinking TLW is definitely a madman, but much respect to him and his stinky running shoes.
    Miserable out so gentle pottering about the house and garage is on the cards.
  • Walked dog. Mowed paddock.

The end.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    In the words of the somewhat unique Iggy Pop, "I'm Bored". Dismal weather, chucking it down and gusty, not going outside in that. Can't be arissed doing household chores. Don't want to spend a day watching tv. Maybe I'll find a jigsaw. Do Not Open that bottle, at least until it has gone dark...

...tomorrow will be better...
  • Cycled for pleasure this morning under overcast skies and sporadic showers. Quick 40 miles from the edge of the Peak District into work, with a few hills thrown in for good measure.
    A morning of WFW, now gearing up to collect OH for her afternoon/evening shift. Her hound to be walked, rabbits to be fed, cat to be amused, alongside household chores (more ironing) and a spot of cooking.
    More than anything I need to sleep, but fat chance of that right now.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    edited November 2020
    Usual decent lie in then straight out with the hounds as there was no avoiding the rain. Bit of tree cover helps.

Got a video beer later on with a mate who's also a bit bored with not going out. Followed by cider and avoiding 'Strictly' on the box as Mrs. 666 insists on watching it. Almost hoping more of them will catch COVID then they'll have to can the show >:)

Next up - lunch.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Fry up with kids for breakfast. Too miserable outside so the family walk in the countryside is cancelled. Hopefully be able to drag them out tomorrow....
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Chess with mini. She's not beaten me yet. Crossword next. Wait for break in rain to exercise dog and kid.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    That was one helluva wet squirmabout. I can't believe the roads could get any muckier.
    I got rained in in a gale and plastered in mud, although I enjoyed it in a sort of perverse but slightly less than TLW masochistic sort of way.
    Though I did enjoy the cycle up my driveway.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Nice, is that PPP3?
    Hoppy, have you been watching Queens Gambit on the Netflix? Very good indeed.
  • seanoconn
    Knight jumps queen! Bishop jumps queen! Pawns jump queen!
    Gangbang!
  • hopkinb
    I had noted queen's gambit as one to watch. Now I need to persuade Mrs H³, or while she watches endless reruns of death in paradise, I'll watch it myself.

Shitty weather today mind.

Big props and respect to the man like TLW1 for being a loon. Hope pain is easing.
  • hopkinb
    Lovely gaff Pinno. Bit like V68's, except his is down here.
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Dead

Somebody said that it couldn’t be done
    But TLW with a chuckle replied
    That "maybe it couldn't," but he would be one
    Who wouldn't say so till he'd tried.
    😂
  • tlw1
    Feel better, apple based refreshments have helped.

Decided to quit this morning when I fell into the road as I had fallen asleep whilst running 😂

Slept in my mates car for a 15 mins and sat there for another 15 contemplating before realising my garmin was still recording and then did a few more miles to get a pb of 68.8 so still a fail but got a record
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    tlw1 said:

did a few more miles to get a pb of 68.8 so still a fail but got a record

Should've kept going for a 69.

Good effort regardless, probably a good call with the falling into the road. Next time take a bivvy bag so you can have a kip en route!

• pinno
    It will be a while before he partakes in any 69.
  • pinno

Nice, is that PPP3?

Do you think I should put some of those Essex style white pillars at the front door?
  • tlw1

tlw1 said:

did a few more miles to get a pb of 68.8 so still a fail but got a record

Should've kept going for a 69.

Good effort regardless, probably a good call with the falling into the road. Next time take a bivvy bag so you can have a kip en route!

Been looking at them today!

Lift turned up, I would have gone for 70
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    pinno said:

That was one helluva wet squirmabout. I can't believe the roads could get any muckier.
    I got rained in in a gale and plastered in mud, although I enjoyed it in a sort of perverse but slightly less than TLW masochistic sort of way.
    Though I did enjoy the cycle up my driveway.

So you've finally built a wall around your swamp?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    pinno said:

Nice, is that PPP3?

Do you think I should put some of those Essex style white pillars at the front door?
    pineapple finials and tower would be more tasteful
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Vera Duckworth stone cladding to take away the plainness of the grey.
    You know it makes sense.
  • pinno
    edited November 2020
    Lilac exterior walls.
    200 litres of Artex for the inside innit.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    I thought your house was very small
    With woodchip on the wall
    And when I came round to call
    You told me to eff off?
  • pinno
    That's just genius.
    Honest.