How are you today? Post your ailments here

Seeing as the average age of the forum regulars is ever on the increase (even the youngsters are knocking on) and the elderly enjoy a good moan about their health but no one actually listens or cares, I thought it my be cathartic to post ones daily ailments and maybe give your operational percentage. Obviously anything potentially serious needs a professional diagnosis.

So, how are you today? 😃
Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Thanks for asking 👍 Currently operating at about 75% I would say. Right shoulder and ankle still sore after an argument with some very unpleasant stairs and weirdly two on my toes don’t seem to be getting on anymore. I feel constant friction but there’s no physical sign that they are rubbing together 😕 Oh well, onwards and upwards.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,498
    Tore a muscle in my neck, can't look left very easily. Lingering upper calf strain, seems to be irritating hamstring or glutes. Hard to say. Usual arthritis in ankle. So actually pretty good.

https://images.app.goo.gl/5k2iwm1UfgNbSTo69
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,218
    Still recovering from whiplash and arm cast is rubbing my surgery wound, plus the ligaments are still sore from starting work again.

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,207
    Back to running again after a two week post-marathon break so aching from the back down. Also, fresh skin on my elbow following a wound infection is itching.
  • seanoconn

Still recovering from whiplash and arm cast is rubbing my surgery wound, plus the ligaments are still sore from starting work again.

Ouch. Bike accident?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Sore lower back has returned overnight without explanation. The frustration at not being able to do things (and in this case the lack of sleep) is worse than the pain.

Elbows have both been sore for a few weeks for reasons unknown.
  • seanoconn

Sore lower back has returned overnight without explanation. The frustration at not being able to do things (and in this case the lack of sleep) is worse than the pain.

Where about on the elbow? Does any exercise involve your elbow joints?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,218
    seanoconn said:

Ouch. Bike accident?
    yup
  • First.Aspect
    I forgot about my own wrist. Can't take me doing dips at the moment, and feathering the oar with my left hand makes it a bit sore.

But I really do feel great.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    seanoconn said:

Whatever ligament goes over the bony bit that sticks out on the side. Cycling and core work uses elbows, although there's not been much of either lately.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    I'll confirm when fully awake, but my permanent back ache is a little worse than usual. Wrist is still painful and stiff, need to start on my physio exercises. Back to see the consultant end of next week then I find out if I need surgery. Hopefully not as movement is coming back and i can finally ride a bike a short distance again. Lower legs a little stiff after yesterday's run, I still hate running.
  • joe2019
    joe2019 Posts: 1,338
    Lingering dull ache, and slight stiffness, in the obturator internus; it hasn't felt as good as the other side for about 3 years following a hamstring injury, which, I believe, wasn't helped by having tight hip flexors.
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

Whatever ligament goes over the bony bit that sticks out on the side. Cycling and core work uses elbows, although there's not been much of either lately.

seanoconn said:

Have you tried a foam roller on your forearms and soft tissue of elbows? I often get elbow gip if doing pull ups regularly and a hard couple of mins with a knobbly foam
    roller always works for me.
  • Just tight legs from running really, I'm also getting hot sweats at night but thats not really a mechanical issue.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,506
    Tendonitis in my foot makes walking uncomfortable.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    I have an in-growing toe-nail.

My knees sometimes get a bit stiff and clicky. It's not all the time. My wife (a vet) has diagnosed me with osteoarthiritis. I need to see my Dr.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • On the plus side... above ground and still have a pulse. And for now, my left foot feels good.

On the minus side... everything else hurts to some degree.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,718
    Ran a 5k 3 days ago - it was part of a challenge with my football team so pushed it as fast as I could - still hobbling.

Nerve problem in my neck /shoulder still very slightly playing up - not anything like it was but can feel it doing pull ups, tinnitus slightly more noticeable than usual.

Apart from that lack of cycling means I'm sure I've put on weight but the scales aren't working.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Pretty good for my age as nothing actually wrong. My right shoulder never quite got back to the same level of strength as my left after tearing my supraspinatus tendon 3 years ago, but I don't notice that unless I'm doing some weights.

Oh and my knees ache if I run for too long, but there's an easy solution to that...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Arthritis in my big toe;
    Never fully-recovered torn adductor which means I stopped playing football 12yrs ago and can't even kick a ball back to the lads playing Sunday League;
    Fragile knee from an injury when I was ~14;
    Knackered hip from years of running;
    Anxiety;
    Depression;
    Stress; and
    Slept funny two nights ago so sore neck/shoulder.

But...
    As trim as I've ever been (no office donuts and items 5, 6, 7 above);
    FTP of 3.8W/kg;
    Got a job;
    Got a great home, partner, family;
    Got carbon wheels; and
    Got Dura Ace.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    And people reckon cycling is good for you?
    Sheesh!
  • First.Aspect

Sheesh!

More a case of still being able to cycle despite all the injuries from other sports.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

Sheesh!

My knee problems are from playing football.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • ballysmate
    I almost feel guilty for having nothing to moan about.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149

Try harder Bally, remember where you are.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    Sorry Stevo, you are right.

I blame Boris and the Tories for having nothing to moan about.

That better? ☺️
  • seanoconn

There must be something wrong with you at your age?
  • ballysmate
    No.
    Good clean living has its rewards. 😁

Oh and not flogging yourself to death with exercise. 😉
  • seanoconn
    Ok fine. Just don’t clutter this thread with your good health and wellness.
  • ballysmate
    I promise to try my best to pick up some minor injury to moan about.
    Do beak marks on the back of my neck count?