Tightwad tyres ?

Being tight for no real reason other than I like to spend as little as possible as some kind of sadistic challenge, I appear to have out done myself.

i've bought a pair of Magic Marys addix performance bikepark wired 26x2.35 tyres. (£17.99 each)
I kid you not, they are 1.475 kg each and are so heavy that I dont know if i actually have the energy to be bothered trying to wear them out. I would describe them as slow, super grippy and terrain numbing.

Anyone else tight like me or know where i can get hold of some good old 26" smorgasboards ?

Comments

• thecycleclinic
    thecycleclinic Posts: 395
    edited November 2020
    I bet you'd get out of breath riding them downhill slowly.

Some tyres don't need to be made.
    www.thecycleclinic.co.uk
  • Weight is in the description,so i'm sure you read that before you purchased.
  • reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    edited November 2020
    Urm, splashing out the big bucks there with Performance Addix? Are you made of money? Those aren't a true tightwad tyre.

If it's bargain basement, heavy, slow rolling, numb feeling, everlasting tyres you want look no further than Schwalbe Active Line Rapid Robs! Back then I reckon dragging these bad boys around helped me drop a stone.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284051766229

Yes, that is the price for two! Although a proper tightwad would shop around and find them even cheaper. 😃👍
  • mully79
    mully79 Posts: 904
    2.1's are a bit narrow but I am tempted for the rigid. The description makes them sound like the perfect tyre!
    i've currently got some conti baron mud tyres that im trying (and failing) to wear out first by riding on the road playing SCR.
    I'm probably cheating as i don't even commute anymore !
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    One of the benefits of 26" wheels is that the tyres are cheap as the manufacturers get rid of stock. Buy now while stocks last! :)