tuesday enciphered

'ning

mild again, ride, coffee and wfh
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, mild , foggy again, cycling sometime today, conservatory roof needs to be cleaned as well.
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning
    Mild here too and some sunshine forecast.
    Need to go and work over in lockdown land for the day, so I think I'll be working outside which will be nice. I'll put my 10m extension lead in the car.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Birthday Thai meal was excessive so looks like Thai for lunch 😎

Back still sore though, 3 days until the run. Think I need to get some horse tranquillisers
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Ketamine - won't feel a thing and you'll have no notion for a run. Cured.

Dull here.
    Leftover Apfel strudel for breakfast.

Will go pedal.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    May be stopping the mizzle at last, sun trying to peek out a bit. Hello there big bright thing. Go for a short pedal around late morning, got couple of admin type phone call / video / some tech or other, guess something or other will work, in t'afternoon. I'm missing the pro racing on t'telly. When is spring again?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Decided to pedal into the office today and enjoy the acres of empty space and free coffee here (plus no random job requests from Strifey) :) Currently sat next to the floor to ceiling windows looking out on a nice autumnal Big Smoke while stuffing my face. Will go to our Staines offce next week to give The Panzer a leg stretch.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,251
    Morning folks,
    Another day and wfh for this one, at least it made for an easy commute. I went to Staines once, haven't felt the need to repeat the experience. Does TLW's back hurt because he's much older than he was a couple of days ago? Should probably go for a run at lunchtime, find it very difficult to get enthused about it beyond the fact that I should do some exercise. Do people really enjoy runnering? All the runnists I see look bloody miserable. We know TLW is mad as a hat full of frogs so his opinion doesn't count.
  • Bailed on a ride this afternoon as I have jobs to do, will probably turbo later on instead.
    Ride out on Thursday as I'm off and it's supposed to be dry.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, dull start brightened up now, current temp is --.-c apparently but seems pleasant enough.

Little note shoved through our door this morning by the local plod, top of our road is being closed off due to Covid, or more precisely the sheer volume of people and bad parking. Also a little advise to avoid the woods over the weekend due to the number of people, great!

Anyway faffing for work, need to do some shopping this weeks team video call is Turkish themed so I need some of the finest breaded turkey drumsticks obviously.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158

Morning folks,
    Another day and wfh for this one, at least it made for an easy commute. I went to Staines once, haven't felt the need to repeat the experience. Does TLW's back hurt because he's much older than he was a couple of days ago? Should probably go for a run at lunchtime, find it very difficult to get enthused about it beyond the fact that I should do some exercise. Do people really enjoy runnering? All the runnists I see look bloody miserable. We know TLW is mad as a hat full of frogs so his opinion doesn't count.

Running's just a bit quicker and easier to fit in and does burn alcohol related calories quite well. Was/is also quite handy for lockdown as riding round in circles in the 'burbs isn't that exciting TBH. But best done in moderation.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

Do people really enjoy runnering? All the runnists I see look bloody miserable.

Yeah. Not the physical part of it but being able to go to nice places I can't get to by bike and are too far away to walk to from home (in a reasonable time).
    I agree most runners do look miserable and a lot of them are, but pretty much everyone I see on a bike is a miserable tw@t these days too.

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I loathe and detest distance running. Before re-discovering cycling, I did a half marathon once (just dipped under 1:45), and have done a couple of 10ks under 50 mins. So I think that just about means I was a slow runner/fast jogger. This was many years ago, and last time I ran anywhere was a couple of Easters ago - accompanied Mrs H3's attractive friend on a jog whilst we were all on holiday.

I still race the dog though - I lose every time, but it's tremendous fun. I must look like a fcuking idiot - middle aged man "sprinting" to get to a tennis ball before a daft looking poodle cross. It's pretty good exercise...

Dentist today - cracked an old root canal filling that I never had crowned (due to being severely impecunious at the time), so he's taken the tooth back to the brick, stuck a new post in, and built it back up, and taken an impression for the crown, which'll be fitted in a couple of weeks. At least the tooth was already dead, so no anaesthetic required. Him and the dental nurse were fully gowned and masked as he was using a drill - very surreal.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    hopkinb said:

I loathe and detest distance running. Before re-discovering cycling, I did a half marathon once (just dipped under 1:45), and have done a couple of 10ks under 50 mins. So I think that just about means I was a slow runner/fast jogger. This was many years ago, and last time I ran anywhere was a couple of Easters ago - accompanied Mrs H3's attractive friend on a jog whilst we were all on holiday.

I still race the dog though - I lose every time, but it's tremendous fun. I must look like a fcuking idiot - middle aged man "sprinting" to get to a tennis ball before a daft looking poodle cross. It's pretty good exercise...

Dentist today - cracked an old root canal filling that I never had crowned (due to being severely impecunious at the time), so he's taken the tooth back to the brick, stuck a new post in, and built it back up, and taken an impression for the crown, which'll be fitted in a couple of weeks. At least the tooth was already dead, so no anaesthetic required. Him and the dental nurse were fully gowned and masked as he was using a drill - very surreal.

Is it safe?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • hopkinb
    Running? Dog racing? Dentist? Of the 3, dentist is most safe. The other two rank as safe as a 3 day smack and crack binge, with that cheap E&J brandy and fake xanax to take the edge off. Lovely stuff.
  • seanoconn
    🤦‍♂️
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,251
    Given a choice I'd take running over going to the dentist, and I still don't like running. But running with toothache would be worse than just running.
  • pinno
    hopkinb said:

Running? Dog racing? Dentist?

De Weiser Angel...

• seanoconn
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

De Weiser Angel...

Thank you for restoring my faith in bottom bracket 🙏
  • hopkinb
    Ahhhh, I never saw that fillum.
  • hopkinb
    I'll correct your German too
    being the pedantic cnut what I am . Der weiße Engel. Also refers to Josef Mengele apparently. I read the Tattooist of Auschwitz over the summer. Or Oświęcim. Apropos of nowt.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    edited November 2020
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

De Weiser Angel...
    is that the denglisch version?
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb said:

being the pedantic cnut what I am . Der weiße Engel. Also refers to Josef Mengele apparently. I read the Tattooist of Auschwitz over the summer. Or Oświęcim. Apropos of nowt.

A more magnanimous person would say you’d redeemed yourself hop 😉

• hopkinb
    The day I redeem myself is the day I get 37 pence.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

No he hasn't - he had to have it spelled out.
  • pinno
    [Like me]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stevo_666 said:

Morning folks,

Running's just a bit quicker and easier to fit in and does burn alcohol related calories quite well. Was/is also quite handy for lockdown as riding round in circles in the 'burbs isn't that exciting TBH. But best done in moderation.
    About covers it, bar the moderation - 1,335 miles this year
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

[Like me]

I hope your Christmas/new year quiz is back on this year
  • hopkinb
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Morning folks,

About covers it, bar the moderation - 1,335 miles this year
    Running?

Fcuking hell.

I suppose you have to purge all that alcohol, but still.

No wonder your back is fcuked.
  • hopkinb
    But still, chapeau, or whatever runnists say. Traineur perhaps.
  • hopkinb
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

No he hasn't - he had to have it spelled out.
    I had to Google it! Never seen it. Aware of the cultural reference, but no more than that.