Saturday, how did that get up there?

Morning, another Misty start, solo cycling today,club runs cancelled until further notice, i hope the Vuelta livens up today
Have a good weekend

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    'ning

foggynippy ride, cafes and lazing, perhaps vuelta
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Back still very sore, need it to get better in a couple of days otherwise will have to cancel the run 😢

MIL is meant to be going today, but got a feeling she may try to stay longer
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    tlw1 said:

Back still very sore, need it to get better in a couple of days otherwise will have to cancel the run 😢

You need an excuse to cancel a run?!

Just waiting for the fog to lift. Sun is peeping through. Then i'll get well proper dressed up innit and go pedal.

Might take a drive up the road and pi$$ on the orange man's golf course.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being had. Need to help daughter with the decorating of her bedroom again. Should get it finished over the weekend.
    Hoping to get some time to do a bit on the bamboo frame. Only one cut made so far and it's quite pleasing in an immensely sad way. Might save some pictures and do a build thread just for a laugh.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    edited November 2020

Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being had. Need to help daughter with the decorating of her bedroom again. Should get it finished over the weekend.
    Hoping to get some time to do a bit on the bamboo frame. Only one cut made so far and it's quite pleasing in an immensely sad way. Might save some pictures and do a build thread just for a laugh.

Take it she's home from uni for the lockdown V? Mine is staying in Liverpool as they've probably all had it any wayway and she has to do practicals.

Late-ish one last night so good lie in had. Walking hounds soon - hopefully. Junior hound has had a dose of gut rot last couple of days but ate and didn't chuck I up this morning - looks like he's well enough for a jaunt round the park. Not a lot later apart from food shopping and a bit of admin as there f all to do...apart from maybe exercise, eat and drink.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Going ahead if I can move without making pain sounds
  • tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Duct tape will fix the sounds.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

Morning folks,

Take it she's home from uni for the lockdown V? Mine is staying in Liverpool as they've probably all had it any wayway and she has to do practicals.
    No, she went with the year off so has been here throughout. Can't go traveling of course but she's still not 100% after the chronic fatigue thing and gets tired very easily so she decided year out was still best for her. She was volunteering in a charity shop because getting a job has been tricky but obviously that's kyboshed now as well.
    Lad still in Brum, need to send him a bicycle now the gyms are shut. I have a plan for that.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Morning folks,

No, she went with the year off so has been here throughout. Can't go traveling of course but she's still not 100% after the chronic fatigue thing and gets tired very easily so she decided year out was still best for her. She was volunteering in a charity shop because getting a job has been tricky but obviously that's kyboshed now as well.
    Lad still in Brum, need to send him a bicycle now the gyms are shut. I have a plan for that.
    Ah yes, forgot about the gap year for Miss V. I'm getting shot of my DH bike if V98 wants to do a bit of 'resistance training' :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

...at the start of the race at least...
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Good point well made
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Good point well made
    Doesn't take long before my joints start complaining when I'm running. Lucky for me our more lardy hound doesn't like being picked up.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Comes to us all in the end. I’d have never thought I’d be making grunting noises from the effort of standing up or sitting down.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Kids packed off for the day, time for a boozy day date with the missus if she survives her jog in one piece.
    Beware of the thousands of wobbly cyclists that have descended on the Richmond park area. Never seen so many fat @rses.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Decided to run some cat 5 to my desk seeing as I'm WFH for the foreseeable.
    There's only about 1m that needs to go under the floor but 5 hours later it's still not in #diydisaster
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Gravel mud ride ridden. That's it, I def need fatter knobblier tyres for winter riding. Multiple front wheel slips, knocks the confidence. Had to push around various mud baths on routes that have been ok previously. Autumn learning.

Even had a lengthy conversation with a 6yo during one push session (is ok, parents were there as well, ain't no JS) about his MTB, different bike types, tyre sizes, tread patterns etc. I learned a lot.

Bike cleaned down. Last 50km of Vuelta stage to watch, again sans Kirby. Like.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Comes to us all in the end. I’d have never thought I’d be making grunting noises from the effort of standing up or sitting down.
    Do you have a little bit of leakage when you sneeze?
  • pinno
    Filthy, filthy, roads today. Gave me much squirmabout but I stayed upright.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    seanoconn said:

Kids packed off for the day, time for a boozy day date with the missus if she survives her jog in one piece.
    Beware of the thousands of wobbly cyclists that have descended on the Richmond park area. Never seen so many fat @rses.

Fookinell. I just rode down with mini and Mrs. Chaos. Utter cockwombles (2 in KWCC kit) trying to still ride at 45 kph through hordes of kids and wobblers. If that's what it was like, I can see why they closed it to cyclists in lockdown in summer.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Did anyone else just watch Giuliani ramble utter gibberish in some shit hole car park?
  • veronese68
    hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

Fookinell. I just rode down with mini and Mrs. Chaos. Utter cockwombles (2 in KWCC kit) trying to still ride at 45 kph through hordes of kids and wobblers. If that's what it was like, I can see why they closed it to cyclists in lockdown in summer.
    I avoid Richmond Park on days like today, too many twunts. Managed a walk round the block with the EPO, first time in 8 weeks for her.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    pinno said:

Filthy, filthy, roads today. Gave me much squirmabout but I stayed upright.</blockquote

Have the roads in your neck of the woods been resurfaced in mud by the farmers Pinno, the country roads are dreadful down here.

• Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

'Lockdown ar$e' is a major pandemic.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    I did see some really fat fxckers out running or trying to this morning. Fair play, do what you can. At least you are doing something. Perhaps start by not eating quite so much shite food. It was surprising to see quite so many walkists, runists and cyclists out today, many more than usual. Ended up with both my out and back into town sections being low speed, take it easy, share the route pootles. No worries.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087

pinno said:

It’s the farmers late season classic of who can cover the road in the most shit and THORNS. The early season version is just cover the road in shit.
  • thistle_
    orraloon said:

I did see some really fat fxckers out running or trying to this morning. Fair play, do what you can. At least you are doing something.

Were you stalking me this morning?

• thistle_
    hopkinb said:

Did anyone else just watch Giuliani ramble utter gibberish in some censored hole car park?

"She was 15, too old for me"?
  • thistle_
    oxoman said:

5 hrs 🤔🤣 and still not run a bit of screened cable in. Come on thistle your letting the side down.

I know. Spent the morning lifting boards then clearing out all the crap the previous owners/previous plumber/previous spark had left under the floorboards that was in the way.
    Once that was done it was a doddle. Got everything finishes/hidden before the Mrs got home from work and she didn't notice :smiley:
  • pinno
    webboo said:

pinno said:

It’s the farmers late season classic of who can cover the road in the most censored and THORNS. The early season version is just cover the road in censored .
    Stripped and cleaned the transmission and even waxed the frame (carnauba wax) yesterday. Ha!

Had to clean it (the bike) again but Step83's recommended Squirt wax held up pretty good.
    Frikkin mud bath.