Wednesday, Really

Morning, BBBRRRRRRR much colder this morning , hopefully get out for some fresh air today rather than the trainer,
Vuelta later, it’s been a good race up to now
Have a good day

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Yep cold, which is rubbish

Work stuff then take eldest out for his birthday meal whilst we can
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning , yes confirmed much much colder, even frost on the ground an iced up cars, have to start gritting outside my house soon I think, joys!

Anyway another day of work heck, was supposed to be going away next week but thats now out the window so waiting on a refund on the flight.

Collected various wood yesterday appears lots of others had the same idea, thankfully I'd pre ordered so I have a nice pile of pre seasoned wood to top mine up an some other bits for upcoming garage work.

Anyway off to pretend to work an fire up the log burner!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning
    Yes chilly this morning. Put my long sleeved top on for running first thing and probably would have been OK but there was nobody else out to see so no point going for the macho look. Took my headtorch but there was no need given the almost full moon (not from me) and clear skies.
    Robot's been emptied and is off on cleaning duties while I'm trying to WFH.
    Might have to go for another outdoor bike ride if the weather stays like this.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Week's work diary shuffled so can do another, last opportunity for who knows how long session in the gym. Given I had a heavy physical day yesterday planting multiple trees, expect a painful couple hours. But I do need to get back on the physio specified routines. Then La Vuelta. Hope the 'uninterrupted' Eurosport feed has ambient sound again and no Wittermouth.
  • Chilly morning, it was 2°C when I went set off to work and only 7°C on the way home but the sun was out and no clouds (rain) to spoil it. Tea and toast now, maybe pub later before there’s no pub to goto image
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Busy morning - everyone at work seems to have saved their random shyte for today. Palming it off takes time unfortunately.

Got to take the hounds to the groomer at lunchtime as they are hairy as fook and won't be able to see properly soon.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Got myself nice and organized yesterday, cleaned out the living room wood burner and lit it, nice and toasty, also prepped the kitchen wood burner for MrsHD for today (+brownie point)
    I've got a good few winters of fuel stacked in our yard and about 2m3 seasoned indoors on our mezzanine floor, I just need a dry weekend to get into the works yard and chainsaw the shit out of some of the stuff I've collected.
    Oh, and maybe zwift later...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

Got to take the hounds to the groomer at lunchtime as they are hairy as fook and won't be able to see properly soon.

They do a veet for men now, don't they do a veet for dogs yet?

• Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

They do a veet for men now, don't they do a veet for dogs yet?

I probably couldn't afford the amounts required.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Another day of wfh tedium with a bit of added excitement when I went to the dump. Not that i needed to go as they are staying open this time round. Not sure what the point of booking an appointment time was, there was a queue and just as many people in there as at any other time.
    Off to the pub tonight as it's Wednesday, last one for a while. Will be wrapped up warm as we will be in the garden.
    oxoman said:

Stevo, make a nice pair of slippers when it gets really cold. :|o:)

Not now they've been clipped :D
  • Doesn't look like we'll be having a final pint in our local, unless we want to sit down with a substantial meal...
    Which I don't.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666

oxoman said:

Yeah, they'd better be careful not to annoy me in about 6 weeks time :smile: Though to be fair they sometimes do come and sleep on your feet when they can't be arsed to jump on the sofa.
  • thistle_

oxoman said:

If you shear them like a sheep you'd have a nice fleece for each foot.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    (eve)'ning

nippy but sunny day of much bubbly, strolling and idling, followed by more bubbly, heading home

west end heaving with zombies in shopping frenzy, told driver to run them down if they try and ambush us for mrs s's handbags
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666

oxoman said:

If you shear them like a sheep you'd have a nice fleece for each foot.

We got some dog clippers for the last lockdown but it was hard work, took bloody ages.