Rear wheel Boost axle

Can anyone tell me if a boost axle 148mm will fit on to my felt nine 5 2014 bike , I need a new rear wheel and the wheels i am looking at come with or without boost axle .

Comments

• reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    edited November 2020
    It's a standard quick release hub that you need. Or a non Boost (142x12 thru axle) hub with a quick release end cap conversion kit.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    135x10mm normally means QR, but not necessarily, there is a 135x10 thru-axle standard just to confuse everyone. To get the wheel out do you undo a QR lever and the wheel just drops out, or do you have to unscrew and pull an axle out of the wheel before it's released?
  • reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    edited November 2020
    I took a close look at the skewer nut on this pic:-

Although I can't make out a slotted dropout the nut itself looks like a standard quick release skewer to me and not the long shot of it being 135x10 thru axle standard.

Not everyone is confused but maybe the op is now? 😆
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    edited November 2020
    No, a boost axle will not fit the Felt.
    You need a 135mm qr hub.
    It is clearly stated in the Felt spec sheet HERE. Specs are at the end of the document.

If there is any doubt just measure the current hub/qr dimensions and go from there.

“Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009