monday merry mirvs

'ning

shuffled plans ahead a few days to avoid lockdown, off over the border to mayfair for city break with mrs s, who claims to have important shopping economic stimulus to do before it all shuts

i was thinking more of idle strolling, terrace restaurant, feeding the ducks etc.
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Ayup.
    Collected OH from work at 2am, which became 2-30am as they wheeled someone in just as she was due to leave. Once home at 3.15am glass of Prosecco, as you do and a natter, catch up on all the gossip, before she retires to bed and I start thinking of attacking another week.

Knackered before I've even started :lol:

Christmas rush starts from today, bedlam now right through to Xmas Eve, then a month of collections for all the stuff people want to exchange through to the end of January.

What difference a Covid lockdown makes is anybodies guess, but it won't make things quieter, that's for sure.

Have a good day all.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, blowing a gale , no rain though, it looks like the trainer will be coming out if the weather stays like this, not sure what’s happening on the work front with this new lock down.
    Have a good week
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,882
    Rest day, so just a walk today.

Work after a week off and straight into lockdown v2 planning - going to be lots of fun today 🙄
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,721
    Gym session #2-since-March-and-last-for-fxxx-knows-how-long this morning, followed by trip to nearby town to sit in a pub with couple mates and help them shift their stocks of cask ale before they have to chuck it come Thursday.

Got a heavy work day tomorrow so can't be too heavy an intake, but best efforts all round.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    99p a pint at Wetherspoons, Loon. Surely too good for any self respecting Scotsman to pass up eh?
    Too windy for bike ride so a day of not much for me today.
    Will spend the day getting under the missus' feet. I suspect that I may do something innocuous at some point that will cause major annoyance.
    Such is life.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,164
    'ning
    Zwift first thing to see how noisy my bike/trainer really is. No complaints so far.
    Feaces and fans colliding today.
  • orraloon

99p a pint at Wetherspoons, Loon. Surely too good for any self respecting Scotsman to pass up eh?

Like I'd give that Tim Twunt Martin any money if there was a more socially supportive alternative. Will be going to a small independently owned and run pub, give them a helping hand / mouth / stomach / bladder...
  • Goodbye gym and swimming, not much chance of any last minute economic stimulus from here as a) we've just bought a hot tub and b) we're doing a dry month so that makes shopping/overnighting a bit boring.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,577
    strolled to cafe, pleasant and sunny, all of a sudden, horizontal rain and screaming women running for cover, i was sat inside at that point :smiley:
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    edited November 2020
    sungod said:

all of a sudden, horizontal rain and screaming women running for cover

Do you always have that effect on people? :wink:

• ballysmate
    orraloon said:

Like I'd give that Tim Twunt Martin any money if there was a more socially supportive alternative. Will be going to a small independently owned and run pub, give them a helping hand / mouth / stomach / bladder...
    Yeah what a twunt. Providing affordable refreshments for the people with less money to spend on leisure.
    Being at the forefront of Camra by holding festivals and supplying lesser known/available beers and ciders.
    Did support Brexit though...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,422
    Meh - wet today (again). Wet (again) tomorrow.

Looks like Roller miles will be high this winter.

Must do chores and paper related stuff.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ballysmate
    pinno said:

Never mind that bollox, we want an update on the cat.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,684
    Morning prospective lockdownees and Welsh people.

I'll still be going Into the office once or twice a week - I can cite mental health reasons and avoiding harm as I'm married. Good excuse to cycle as well - running round the 'burbs for exercise or a soggy park isn't a whole lot of fun.

Now prepping for a meeting later this week with HMRC. Wonderful.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Back home after a couple days away visiting friends. Normal routine of digging up weeds and raking cut grass resumed.

Tomorrow will be a variation involving shovelling gravel and sand instead. Woohoo.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,446
    Stevo_666 said:

I thought someone in your game would know better. Just pay it back and they might go easy on you.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,446
    Hypothetically speaking, if ones gas metre was playing up and barely moving, would there be a downside? If not, hypothetically speaking, how could one drag this scenario out for as long as possible without drawing attention?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • orraloon

orraloon said:

Yeah what a twunt. Providing affordable refreshments for the people with less money to spend on leisure.
    Being at the forefront of Camra by holding festivals and supplying lesser known/available beers and ciders.
    Did support Brexit though...
    Prize twunt gobshite. Example of his behaviours from earlier this year.

https://www.prweek.com/article/1678624/flop-month-wetherspoons-boss-tim-martin-sends-wrong-messages

Anyway, gym gymed. Annoying that as soon as I get back into the mode, click - closed.

Get organised, get train, get some good ales in a GBG pub with some other long standing CAMRA members. Wetherspoons "being at the forefront of Camra" - giggle.
  • ballysmate
    A quick Google tells me that Camra and Wetherspoons had a partnership until mid 2019 whereby members got 30 quids worth of vouchers off real ale.
    That's pretty forefront dontcha think?
  • orraloon
    'ey meester, you wanna some vouchers? Ver' good price.
  • Stevo_666
    edited November 2020
    seanoconn said:

Hypothetically speaking, if ones gas metre was playing up and barely moving, would there be a downside? If not, hypothetically speaking, how could one drag this scenario out for as long as possible without drawing attention?

I thought someone in your game would know better. Just pay it back and they might go easy on you.

Saves me writing it :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

We don't owe them anything but need to forewarn them not to expect too much in the next few months...
  • I suspect they're expecting that of a lot of people at the moment.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • We took a deferral on VAT for a couple of months during the first lockdown, the only help we got, bar a grant from the local authorities based upon business rates right at the beginning, but we've decided to get our VAT payments back up to date now, knowing that another lockdown was likely.

Having worked right through all of this, it seems stupid to game the system when you still need to pay it back somewhere further down the line.

I'm likely going to be seeking external funding in the New Year so being on top of the finances will hopefully work to our advantage as we pivot into new markets.
  • thistle_
    I've noticed there's been a few equity release adverts on the radio lately touting it as an easy way to get some money but, as always, someone's going to pay for it eventually.
    Same with deferring mortgage payments and credit card bills, it's just saving up big problems for the future.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,422

pinno said:

Never mind that bollox, we want an update on the cat.
    Now if you had read my other post...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!