Tour de France 2021 presentation tonight

It has gone from the congress in Paris to a Zoom !

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878

“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    Looks like another cracker
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • Looks like another cracker

150 km stages rather than 200 km stages....

This will please the riders.....................Rick, not so much. #notagrandtour
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Matti66
    Matti66 Posts: 190
    Stage 11 2x Ascents of mt. Ventoux
  • Matti66 said:

Awful idea.
    We may well rejoice, but in reality, we all know how that will work out.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,593
    edited November 2020

Matti66 said:

Awful idea.
    We may well rejoice, but in reality, we all know how that will work out.
    Race up 1/2 Ventoux.

More interested in Luz Ardiden.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,876
    No obvious Etape stage
  • Wtf happened to this forum. Too long ....too short, twice up Ventoux finishing in Paris AGAIN 🤣🤣🤣
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,876
    Looks like the 2021 Etape will be the 2020 Etape with no new event.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,032
    I rode over the Cormet d'Areches the other day... That would make a good climb. The Jumbo boys did it recently.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • Wtf happened to this forum. Too long ....too short, twice up Ventoux finishing in Paris AGAIN 🤣🤣🤣

So how about you tell us why it's such a good route, other than the fact it's in France?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    I'm glad they've got two TTs and the most TTing since 2013.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,236
    Lots of crosswind opportunities
  • specialgueststar
    specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
    edited November 2020

Wtf happened to this forum. Too long ....too short, twice up Ventoux finishing in Paris AGAIN 🤣🤣🤣

So how about you tell us why it's such a good route, other than the fact it's in France?
    Troll. That really is the worst post on this forum . I am not sure of your agenda. I am not bothered. I'll leave it there.
  • specialgueststar
    specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
    edited November 2020
    The ascent from Sault is not a given. Andorra interesting and Tignes will be a decider
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,215
    Feels like a fairly standard Tour route to me. Other than the double Ventoux stage there doesn't seem to be much gimmick and it feels like they've given up trying to manufacture a 'climber's Tour'. Hopefully travel will be back to normal by then as it looks reasonably accessible for a short break.

So , other than the fact it's in France?
    Troll. That really is the worst post on this forum . I am not sure of your agenda. I am not bothered. I'll leave it there.
    It should have been a simple question to answer.

Tw*t.
    I'll leave that there too.

• Brittany should be good racing, I like the long boring stages mean short transfers, so feels like a proper tour.

Not too much TT, not too little. Should look good, even with the wrong side of tourmalet and Luz Ardiden not a favourite, but it's a fun little climb.

Carcassonne to Quillan looks a cracking, pretty stage.
  • Pross said:

Feels like a fairly standard Tour route to me. Other than the double Ventoux stage there doesn't seem to be much gimmick and it feels like they've given up trying to manufacture a 'climber's Tour'. Hopefully travel will be back to normal by then as it looks reasonably accessible for a short break.

Looks to me as if it's all about the double header of summit finishes in the Pyrenees.
    Hopefully having the first ITT before the mountains will help to stir things up a bit, but the Alps are pretty meh.
    In fact there are more downhill off a mountain finishes than MTFs.
    I wonder why?
  • Maybe they're worried about Zakarin beating the French riders.

Tw*t.

Nobody calls me a twat. You are on dodgy ground.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    It's all hotting up in here!

I demand to see this resolved by hand to hand combat.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439
    Pross said:

Of course they have. There's no reason to build it to hamper froome anymore.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,593

Wtf happened to this forum. Too long ....too short, twice up Ventoux finishing in Paris AGAIN 🤣🤣🤣

Tw*t.

Nobody calls me a censored . You are on dodgy ground.
    Ooooo! Go on, both take it to the next level.
    Long time since we had a serious squabble. No mods either.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    Ladies
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,236
    With these modem routes the devil is in the detail anyway
  • What has been released gets a pretty good write up from CW.
    The opening stages surely aimed at getting Alaphilippe into yellow, so also an opportunity for the two Vans.

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/tour-de-france/tour-de-france-route-192041
  • With these modem routes the devil is in the detail anyway

is it a zwift tdf?
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.