sunday has twenty-four fields

'ning

looks like another soggy gloomy day

may venture out on freshly glued tub, cafe and the quest for new cake, vuelta
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, dry very windy, just got home after walking tigger, not sure what to do today, venture out or turbo that is the question,
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Last long run before the taper for a race that will be canned - virtual race it is then 🙄

Late Sunday dinner out to support the local pub
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Urgh, feeling terrible this morning like I haven't slept. Hopefully it will wear off with some fresh air.
    Not much planned for today apart from food shopping and probably some Pilates or similar.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    tlw1 said:

Last long run before the taper for a race that will be canned - virtual race it is then 🙄

Apart from sign on and the post race pi$$ up, isn't it the most socially distanced race you can do?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859

tlw1 said:

Apart from sign on and the post race pi$$ up, isn't it the most socially distanced race you can do?
    I know! But fair play to the organiser he was concerned about the residents of Meriden
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,399
    Taking the beloved family car off to the dealers to be sold today. Damn you emissions zone! So back on the bike tomorrow for the first time in a couple months, would be quite a pleasant cycle if my @rse didn’t take a week to toughen up again.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    seanoconn said:

Taking the beloved family car off to the dealers to be sold today.

That's not a family car, it's a wheelbarrow. Partx it at the garden centre.

Post storm Eamon land is looking a bit soggy with leaves everywhere.
    Guess I got to go clean up.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,671
    It's not raining! There was even a glimmer of some odd light coming from up in the sky. Get organised and get out for a bit of gravel leg stretching, having spent most of yesterday on my arris, before l'Angliru watching. Hope my Eurosport player feed does the ambient sound only again like yesterday, no banal irritating wittering, just get the road noises, hear the applause from the roadside etc, all very chilling. To watch that is.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517
    drizzle and gloomywindy here, wet cack all over roads, dodged the glass this time, avoided heroic braking/cornering as the glue hasn't even been on a day yet

another cafe before lunch and vuelta

see if we can shift the city break forward to dodge the lockdown
  • seanoconn
    Last min reprieve for family car due impending lockdown fffing up car sales.

French onion soup followed by a muddy country walk with ungrateful, moaning children Yey! 🙄
  • seanoconn
    Whats happened to Matthew falle this time? Banned? Hissy fit?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517
    seanoconn said:

maybe lost track of his login details with the forum change debacle, saw the horror and decided not to bother re-joining
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    seanoconn said:

MF disappeared about a year back when the forum changed over to its current crappy format. All a bit of a mystery, not sure anyone knows why...

Afternoon Roadie Peeps, been for a long and not too muddy walk with the hounds who ran themselves stupid and are now getting fed before they sleep. One of them caught a squirrel but that was because it was already dead.

Bits 'n' pieces to do this afternoon as I did most of the tasks yesterday.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    seanoconn said:

Last min reprieve for family car due impending lockdown fffing up car sales.

French onion soup followed by a muddy country walk with ungrateful, moaning children Yey! 🙄

I'm sure the kids will be chuffed that the car is staying.
    Mind you, depending on what it is, Pinno could be yer man. Just tell him it's a classic.
  • orraloon
    Rather muddier than planned ride on the graveller, strong headwind on way out, easy sail back. Big wash and fettle completed. Now for La Vuelta.

One thing that cheered me up was getting passed by this younger couple, male and female, both wearing shorts. And I mean short shorts. Drafted them for a while on this uphill drag into the wind, wonder why. 😉 Had a chat about temperature tolerances - here's me winter wrapped and her like it was high summer.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, unfortunately this has been followed by decorating. Good news is the EPO is getting more mobile, she even managed to walk down the stairs unassisted. Just waiting for paint to dry before next coat. Unfortunately the deep turquoise she chose last time round will take a few coats to get rid of. After a bit of teaching from me the rest will be up to her.
    Need to book a slot at the dump before Wednesday now to clear some of the sh!t from the old dear's.
  • Ayup!
    Second day on the trot where the windsurfing gear has been put to good use. Not as squally as yesterday, but still an extremely enjoyable session had. Got to be careful that I don't end up with arms like a gorilla, they feel extremely stretched, especially having not been in a gym for many months now. I'll ache, in a good way, tomorrow.

Just about to dash to Sainsburys, slimline tonic water required in copious quantities, to go with the copious quantities of gin purchased yesterday, before heading off to the OH's for home-made cake and mugs of tea, before once more playing chauffeur, a short shift for her tonight, 6pm - 2am. That'll be fun picking her up at that time in the morning.

Must be love!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    orraloon said:

Rather muddier than planned ride on the graveller, strong headwind on way out, easy sail back. Big wash and fettle completed. Now for La Vuelta.

One thing that cheered me up was getting passed by this younger couple, male and female, both wearing shorts. And I mean short shorts. Drafted them for a while on this uphill drag into the wind, wonder why. 😉 Had a chat about temperature tolerances - here's me winter wrapped and her like it was high summer.

Don't know about your neck of the woods but the car thermometer was showing 17.5C on the way back from our dog walking. Only had a t-shirt on under my jacket and it was too warm just wandering round the countryside.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    Soft southerner! Was 10.5 when started out plus a strong wind, I certainly did not overheat. Anyway, eye candy always good.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    seanoconn said:

a muddy country walk with ungrateful, moaning children Yey! 🙄

Is there another sort of child when a walk is in the offing?

Are you still SW London Seano?

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Big lunch at lovely neighbourhood Turkish restaurant. Dog walk with moaning child. Washing, cleaning etc. Series 2 episode 1 of Mandalorian with mini later. It was the only way I could get her out for a walk.
  • seanoconn
    edited November 2020
    Hi hopkinb.
    How the devil are you? And thank you for asking, I love talking about myself. The b@stards are trying to get rid of me, currently in Kt9, where the hell is that!? South West of somewhere?
    Still working in Wimbledon though.