saturday glowing in the cooling pond

'ning

another mild and gloomy start beckons, leaf mulch seems to keep the roads soggy now

ride, cafes, may try a new cake for research purposes, laze and vuelta
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited October 2020
    Morning, wet windy just another October day, club run cancelled due to strong forecast winds, might just get the trainer out again, Vuelta later I just wonder if the red jersey will be decided this weekend in the mountains
    Have a good weekend
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Keep me updated on the cake Ra. I like to seek out new cake.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Good night last night = slow start and wondering where the wife is as I’m hungry.

Today is a short run and then into town for food and back in time for the England game
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Tell me I don’t know how to load a dishwasher properly, pfffft I’ll show her!

Where do the big plates go?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Don't bother showing her your prowess with crockery, she will only find another perceived inadequacy to highlight.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited October 2020
    seanoconn said:

Who the farq are you??!?!?!?
    Right, that's it - i'm going for a lie down.

Frikkin howling windy wet here - more than VN's @rse on a Thursday.
    Ra's not doing his job.
    Jack decided on a moonlight Thursday night [post spot on wormer] that he was leaving home.
    Spent the first 3 hours of Friday morning wondering if he was ever coming back as he hadn't touched his meaty stick or any Iams during the night. Shorty went to school in tears.
    Pitched up at 10.30 a bit disheveled and slept 12 hours straight. Called the school up around break time to ask them to give Shorty the good news.
    Phew.

They're tackling the East Angliru tomorrow innit?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    hopkinb said:

Keep me updated on the cake Ra. I like to seek out new cake.

no cake yet, rear tub blew, an actual "bang" with instant flat, at speed going up through the glass strewn wasteland that is camden, wobbly halt, found somewhere out of the wind, fitted tufo spare and headed home

gluing an old tub to fit, accompanied by coffee and cocoa batticuoiri, cafe stroll soon

forecast suggests more rain on the way, ye gods and little fishes, has it not rained enough
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Cargobike
    Cargobike Posts: 748
    Just back from a few hours windsurfing at Blithfield Reservoir in Staffordshire. Great fun, if a little wet :lol:
    Now off to Birmingham to clear out the last of the equipment and bikes from our depot down there. Quite sad, but it'll save me a shed load of money.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,609
    Miss Moneypenny will be sad today. Sean Connery no longer with us. He was 90! Guess we all get old. RIP SC.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Miss Moneypenny will be sad today. Sean Connery no longer with us. He was 90! Guess we all get old. RIP SC.

We'll definitely mish him.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    edited October 2020
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

Nobody could get away with saying 'pu$$y' quite like him.

Soggy day. Dogs walked, lunch with mates outside - lucky they had a canopy. Time for a few jobs now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Didn't get up early enough to get out before the typhoon, much Zwift done instead but fighting against the stupid ERG mode on the trainer. My teeth seem to be oozing sweat now.

Still windy af but the rain's stopped and sun keeps coming out so still opportunity to go out for a wander.
    Telemetry says the building site is under water. Hope they cleared everything away yesterday like I and others told them to or the downstream residents will be getting some Halloween treats.
  • Family decamped to the outlaws mid week so I might finally load the dishwasher later today. Mainly doing bugger all.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

Apparently he was crushed by a pile of books, his final words were "I've only got my shelf to blame"
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed. Been clearing the female child's room and filling cracks so she can repaint it. Who am I kidding? Muggins here will end up doing most of it. Need to go and see the old dear whilst the filler goes off.
  • Cargobike

Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed. Been clearing the female child's room and filling cracks so she can repaint it. Who am I kidding? Muggins here will end up doing most of it. Need to go and see the old dear whilst the filler goes off.

Hmmm......
    The OH has ordered the Farrow and Ball paint and is now trying to convince the highly in demand and alledgedly highly qualified local painter and decorator that her house should be put before everyone elses work as we prepare to sell it.

Why it needs to be Farrow and Ball is anybodies guess if she's flogging the pile, but keeping up with the Jones' appears to be the order of the day. Anyway, up his ar$ehole Nigel, the local painter and decorator wants £2100 to do the house!

I think ar$ehole Nigel can go f*ck himself, so it looks like Cargobike will be putting his painting overalls on once again.

Some things never change.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    orraloon said:

Alas, You Only Live Once.
  • thistle_
    Cargobike said:

Anyway, up his ar$ehole Nigel, the local painter and decorator wants £2100 to do the house!

I think ar$ehole Nigel can go f*ck himself, so it looks like Cargobike will be putting his painting overalls on once again.

Some things never change.

It probably includes a premium delivery fee plus something to cover pissing off his existing customers :smiley:
  • Cargobike

It probably includes a premium delivery fee plus something to cover pissing off his existing customers :smiley:

What both the OH and twatty Nigel forget is that it'll be me paying the bill, not her.
    No wonder she's loaded :lol:

Anyway, he's got a hipster beard and tattoos, yet his hands look like they've never done a hard days graft in their life, so it's a definite no from me.

F*cking hell, I've helped my mate paint whole schools before when he's had too much work on and not enough lads. It doesn't matter if it's Farrow and Ball or PoundShop special, it's still only paint. A day of prep, an hour per room for cutting in, then bosh with the big roller and jobs a good 'un.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

orraloon said:

Alas, You Only Live Once.
    One of my favourite Sean’s and as Sean would say “You shouldn’t hit a woman the same as you would a man.”

Sound advice. R.IP Sean.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    Cargobike said:

F*cking hell, I've helped my mate paint whole schools before when he's had too much work on and not enough lads. It doesn't matter if it's Farrow and Ball or PoundShop special, it's still only paint. A day of prep, an hour per room for cutting in, then bosh with the big roller and jobs a good 'un.

Clear the room, small explosive in the tin and job done.

• pinno

Cargobike said:

Clear the room, small explosive in the tin and job done.

A la monsieur Bean. Great.
    Hate painting and decorating. Did a shed load of it recently. It's pants, utter pants.
    My usual P&D was snowed under with work and I didn't want to pay silly money for the others so it was roll the sleeves up time.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    edited November 2020
    seanoconn said:

I always thought that 'loading the dishwasher' meant pouring the wife a drink.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]