friday liberté, égalité, fraternité

'ning

perhaps dry, quite mild

ride, cafes, simulate wfh, vuelta, hope there're sunny pictures as the sky here seems stuck on gloomy
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, dry, mild ,gusty wind, dog walked, kettle on coffee this morning, I am seriously thinking of retiring early, I am really get fed up with all of the bull that’s required to do a days work.
    Have a good day
  • lincolndave
    edited October 2020
    oxoman said:

Morning All. Dark and dry at the minute for a change. Builder/landscaper finished so planning to disappear on bike for a few hours, for some much needed me time. LD I feel your pain, just be aware it takes time to sort all out. I'm still getting my figures and stuff together, covid is certainly not helping. Suspect my bosses have realised what I'm up to and backed off, may look at part time stuff if something comes up I like. Might be worth you considering something like that LD.

Oxoman, I have considered part time , but being electrical bias , it means leaving the trade so to speak, being industrial, gas oil , it means sitting another compex course which I find rather tedious, boring, waste of my time having completed five in my time, all of the h and s bull, risk assessments for every little thing you do, once upon a time we just used common sense and survived , what’s the world coming to?, rant over
    Like I say seriously thinking about it while I still have a few years left to enjoy life.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning
    Bit damp this morning. Managed to get up and go for an early morning jaunt to TE Stockwell's neon empire which was surprisingly busy.
    Might start applying for jobs as an industrial electrician this afternoon :wink:
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    I think you'll find that all supermarkets are gonna be busy with impending lockdown.
    Went shopping the other day and struggled to get parking space.
    Lots of trolleys full of beer. Priorities for people, innit.
  • Cargobike
    Cargobike Posts: 748
    Ayup!
    Surprisingly mild this morning on my pre-dawn commute into work. Bit blustery though. Hopefully I'll get a nice tailwind home later, to push me back up the hills to the OH's.
    Preparations to be made for being Covid safe as we go Tier 2 and 3 in various parts of the business over the next few days, so sweat the details and train the staff. Joyful.
    Domestic goddess duties this evening before a pub sesh pre-Tier 2 in the locale, probably my last pub booze for the foreseeable future.
    Must remember to pick up a few cases of gin for the OH, she'll not survive otherwise. Luckily a good mate has a distillery nearby, so that will be another crisis solved :lol:
  • thistle_

I think you'll find that all supermarkets are gonna be busy with impending lockdown.
    Went shopping the other day and struggled to get parking space.
    Lots of trolleys full of beer. Priorities for people, innit.

Impending? It happened 3 weeks ago here, not that you'd realise. The loo roll aisle was as bare last week as WS's @rse was yesterday.
    It was my first trip since non-essentialgate started. Can't buy socks but you can buy scotch.
  • ballysmate
    Bog roll disappeared about 3 weeks ago around here but has miraculously made a comeback.
    Can't believe people are so stupid that they repeat the actions of 6 months ago.
    There must be families out there who could suffer Delhi belly for months and still not make a dent in their supplies.
  • I suspect we may need to do a "big shop" soon, however it'll be sensible and probably a single trolley for a family of three.
    A bit grey and miserable here, might go swimming later this afternoon.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Ready for impending lockdown by visiting friends yesterday. Today is recovery run, walk then leave London (ish) and blast back up north to the pub
  • thistle_
    edited October 2020
    tlw1 said:

Ready for impending lockdown by visiting friends yesterday.

I thought you lot over the border were clean?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    WFH today and quite mellow so far but not over the line yet. Morning call with blonde girl from the corporate comms department it was a 'cameras on' call.

Still got bog roll round these parts, though the family packs seem to be popular. Stropteen can get hold of the stuff in tier 3 Liverpool so can't be that bad.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Though it may not be by the time I finish this. Another busy day of wfh and dealing with idiots remotely, I try to convey my despair at their stupidity in emails but it's much easier in person.
    Stevo_666 said:

Morning call with blonde girl from the corporate comms department it was a 'cameras on' call.

Did anyone else think of Leslie Grantham's fall from grace when reading that :D

Physio appointment at the hospital later to see how the wrist is doing, I'm cautiously optimistic that surgery will not be needed. Follow up with the quack in 3 weeks, so lots of w@nking furiously before then to build my strength up.

The loo roll aisle was as bare last week as WS's @rse was yesterday.

I didn't check the daily thread yesterday, what's Thistle been doing with Spinner's aris'?
    Anyway, onwards and upwards...
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Morning call with blonde girl from the corporate comms department it was a 'cameras on' call.

:smiley: I kept my hands above the table for the whole call. She didn't though :p
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_

The loo roll aisle was as bare last week as WS's @rse was yesterday.

I didn't check the daily thread yesterday, what's Thistle been doing with Spinner's aris'?
    Anyway, onwards and upwards...
    I think he was getting his tan lines professionally measured for compliance with rule #7

• tlw1

tlw1 said:

Ready for impending lockdown by visiting friends yesterday.

I thought you lot over the border were clean?
    As a whistle - just being pessimistic

Bonus on a loverly walk to a cafe with friends, my food didn’t arrive, wasn’t concerned so asked for it to be taken off the bill. They then did it as a takeaway for me for free 😎 recommend Nordic near Thame
  • ballysmate
    edited October 2020

At least Stevo can hail a taxi without all the drivers running for their lives
  • lincolndave
    oxoman said:

Argh, not another sparky amongst us. I'm assuming you mean the 18th regs. Seems to be a lot of smaller companies wanting to take on experienced blokes as fed up with young kids who can't do the job or constantly attached to mobile devices. When I say experienced I mean industrial sparks not house bashers.

No not regulations, ex compex, it’s a cert you need to install ,maintain, and inspect electrical installations in hazardous zones, mainly gas, oil, petrol chemical plants.
    I started with 15 edition regs at tech college along with a five year apprenticeship oxoman, that was a good few years go

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    You’re all still alive! mostly? How? Why? xxx
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    seanoconn said:

Who the farq are you? Welcome back
    Where have you been?

You've missed loads nothing
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    seanoconn said:

Just about alive, who/how the fark are you?
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

We might ask the same about you Seano.

Hopefully you came back because you noticed that Pinno isn't getting enough stick these days >:)

How's tricks?
  • ballysmate
    Hello Sean. How you doing?
  • seanoconn
    Bloody good to be honest. Hope you’re all fit and well and nothing too important has fallen off. I can’t believe pinno is still swanning round like he owns the place, I’ll bring him down a peg or two, him and his crappy avatar!
  • seanoconn

Great Bally 😃 Thanks. Hope you’re well. The old sex life has diminished sufficiently for forum activity once again 🤣

• tlw1
    seanoconn said:

Who the feck are you
  • seanoconn
    Ha, lockdown finally sobered you up I see. Still with the current wifey?

Who am I? The one who created your awesome avatar. Ungrateful git.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Well, fcuk me ragged*, it's Seano! Welcome back. Glad to hear life is going well.

*metaphorically only..
  • ballysmate
    Welcome back Seano.
    Probably one of the few on here who wants a lockdown to cancel Xmas, just so that he doesn't have to share his bath with a carp.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Great Bally 😃 Thanks. Hope you’re well. The old sex life has diminished sufficiently for forum activity once again 🤣

Not sure what that says about the forum regulars :D
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

Ha, lockdown finally sobered you up I see. Still with the current wifey?

Who am I? The one who created your awesome avatar. Ungrateful git.

Bit harsh/correct